Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Frivolous things I don't understand

Frivolous things I don't understand

Old Sep 21st 2017, 1:46 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frivolous things I don't understand

Originally Posted by Maste
I experienced Mac n Cheese Pizza. The pizza had it's usual helping of cheese then mac n cheese baked on top. This was in Madison, WI (of course). Only had it drunk, so can only vouch it was great drunken food.
That's ... interesting.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of odd combos, a local pizza delivery shop back home did a Chicken Tikka Masala pizza (the sauce was replaced with masala sauce). It was one of the best pizza's I'd ever had, seriously.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
That's ... interesting.
I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole sober. But apparently they only make it in the evenings, when they know people will be drunk and eat it.. so I think that tells you a lot about that pizza itself
Old Sep 21st 2017, 1:49 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of odd combos, a local pizza delivery shop back home did a Chicken Tikka Masala pizza (the sauce was replaced with masala sauce). It was one of the best pizza's I'd ever had, seriously.
It works quite well as Masala is a tomato based sauce.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shard
It works quite well as Masala is a tomato based sauce.
Very good! I thought it'd be odd with cheese and the sweetness of the masala sauce, but it was amazing, and the chicken was coated in the marinade of masala and grilled. Expensive pizza, but one of the few takeaway foods I miss from home!
Old Sep 21st 2017, 1:53 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds genuinely good though.

I remember ages ago my mum bought one of those frozen pizzas that was a barbecue chicken one, with barbecue sauce as the base instead of tomato. I only had it once but bloody hell was it good. This was also about 20 years ago, so you probably can't even get it anymore.

I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole sober. But apparently they only make it in the evenings, when they know people will be drunk and eat it.. so I think that tells you a lot about that pizza itself
Getting drunk and eating things with a high cheese content is the Wisconsin way. I love our cheesehead neighbours to the north.

I suppose I have to, I married one.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 1:55 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

More minor things I don't get, work edition:

- My company refuses to provide free coffee. This is likely one of the cheapest ways to improve both productivity and morale. This is a very rich company, it makes no sense.

- Repeating weekly meetings. There's almost never a good reason for standing meetings. If you don't have a clear objective and agenda for a meeting, for God's sake cancel it.

- Email. Email is almost always a worthless waste of time. I spend at least two hours a day sorting through garbage people send me for the five emails I actually need to read and react to. It's important you read those five because people often use email as way to cover their ass ("I sent you an email on that, therefore you're fully informed and the responsibility is off my plate for making a decision"). How about calling me instead?

- Open plan seating is not a viable solution for an overcrowded office.

- Unless you're heads down the entire day, we all know "work from home" is BS. Almost no one in my company is heads down all day. Get into the office and do your job.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 1:56 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Still can get BBQ sauce style frozen pizza in UK.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 1:57 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Hiro11
More minor things I don't get, work edition:
My company refuses to provide free coffee. This is likely one of the cheapest ways to improve both productivity and morale. This is a very rich company, it makes no sense.
Wait, what? That's un-American. There must be some organization you can report them to.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 2:27 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Just love the stuff. Pizza too, but who doesn't!
Me to be honest. Don't like take out ones, frozen ones are no better than the cardboard they sit on. I make fab ones apparently but I'm still not a fan.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
That sounds genuinely good though.

I remember ages ago my mum bought one of those frozen pizzas that was a barbecue chicken one, with barbecue sauce as the base instead of tomato. I only had it once but bloody hell was it good. This was also about 20 years ago, so you probably can't even get it anymore.

Getting drunk and eating things with a high cheese content is the Wisconsin way. I love our cheesehead neighbours to the north.

I suppose I have to, I married one.
Oh chicken tikka masala pizzas are amazingly good. My girlfriend, a chicago native, so knows good pizza, had it with me when she visited and even she admitted it to being one of the best pizza flavours she's had

BBQ chicken pizza is still a thing. Even here in the US! We sometimes order Pizza Hut (shoot me), because we can get a large 2 topping for $7, and one of the options is BBQ chicken.. Check it out?

I love the cheesehead neighbours too! Mostly because I have too as well, that's where my girlfriends family originate from, so they're, along with my girlfriend, cheeseheads too.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 2:40 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter likes the frozen california pizza kitchen BBQ chicken pizza. I find it disgustingly sweet.

Trader Joes has these lovely french style ones. Brie and tomato is nice, favourite one is the Alsace one with onions. It has a pastry base rather than dough and is paper thin so it comes out lovely and crispy.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 2:43 pm
I have a comma problem

Oh chicken tikka masala pizzas are amazingly good. My girlfriend, a chicago native, so knows good pizza, had it with me when she visited and even she admitted it to being one of the best pizza flavours she's had

BBQ chicken pizza is still a thing. Even here in the US! We sometimes order Pizza Hut (shoot me), because we can get a large 2 topping for $7, and one of the options is BBQ chicken.. Check it out?

I love the cheesehead neighbours too! Mostly because I have too as well, that's where my girlfriends family originate from, so they're, along with my girlfriend, cheeseheads too.
If a Chicago native gives it the thumbs up, it's good pizza

I'll check out the BBQ chicken next time I'm ordering from Pizza Hut.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 2:58 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
.... Everywhere including supermarkets sells fully and partially synthetic oil and have to mark it as such, ....
Are you saying that you definitely don't get the same oils as the US? We get semi and fully synthetic oils too, "labeled as such", but the legal definition of what can be sold as "fully synthetic" is flawed.

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 21st 2017 at 3:01 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 3:32 pm
Yo

Not bloody engine oil again !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.