Wikiposts

Fresh and Easy

Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:27 am
Account Closed

Elliott is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Fresh and Easy

No its not a female sanitary product, its the new Tescos grocery stores opening all over the west side. They are not full size stores,more like the tesco express stores in England.

www.freshandeasy.com

Has anyone been, what do you think?

Apparently Tesco spent millions on research and the food is aimed at the American market (makes sense). However they do have some English products :

Smoked Back Bacon - perfect just like home !!
Variety of English cheeses, still expensive
Sausages - Lincolnshire, lovely these are
tartar sauce - nice, not as bland as american brands
wine - nice cheap & drinkable starting at $3.50

they also do a good range of those meals to go that they have in tescos back home too.

This place is cheap too. The past few times i have been i have had plenty of $5 off $20 coupons. They let you use as many as you want too.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:31 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fresh and Easy

Been a few threads on this already I'm afraid
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:43 am
Account Closed

Elliott is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
Been a few threads on this already I'm afraid
I'm sorry but i did a search on "fresh and easy" in the trailer park and nothing came up. go ahead and delete if you want.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 11:18 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elliott
I'm sorry but i did a search on "fresh and easy" in the trailer park and nothing came up. go ahead and delete if you want.
19 posts and you joined in '02 a man of few words

And yes its hard to know, especially if other posters aren't literal in their titles.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 12:08 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

don't worry about it...it's been a while since we had one

Be interesting to see how they're doing after a few months anyway
Old Jul 13th 2008, 1:49 pm
Not a desperate housewife

EnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bob
don't worry about it...it's been a while since we had one

Be interesting to see how they're doing after a few months anyway
I really like it, its not great for everything, but there are certainly a few things they do which are better than other supermarkets. In addition to the products you listed, tins of tuna seem to be reasonably priced, as does bread.

I just wish they sold fruit squash!
Old Jul 13th 2008, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Nigs is just really niceNigs is just really niceNigs is just really niceNigs is just really niceNigs is just really niceNigs is just really niceNigs is just really niceNigs is just really niceNigs is just really nice

I work in retail and we have been hearing of this move for a while.
They are going after the Trader Joes market at first but they will, once they get established move on the regular markets (Kroger/Tom Thumb) next.......Who knows Walmart too?

I was in Corpus Christi in May and went into one of the new HEB Plus (Texas) stores. Man, they kick Walmarts BUTT! So for us all, more the merrier!

I loved Tescos. If they are willing to pay well for the people I am sure the service will be great too!
Old Jul 14th 2008, 2:14 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

No its not a female sanitary product, its the new Tescos grocery stores opening all over the west side. They are not full size stores,more like the tesco express stores in England.

www.freshandeasy.com

Has anyone been, what do you think?

Apparently Tesco spent millions on research and the food is aimed at the American market (makes sense). However they do have some English products :

Smoked Back Bacon - perfect just like home !!
Variety of English cheeses, still expensive
Sausages - Lincolnshire, lovely these are
tartar sauce - nice, not as bland as american brands
wine - nice cheap & drinkable starting at $3.50

they also do a good range of those meals to go that they have in tescos back home too.

This place is cheap too. The past few times i have been i have had plenty of $5 off $20 coupons. They let you use as many as you want too.
Hi:

We use the ones in Eagle Rock and Hollywood here in Los Angeles. For what they carry, they are good and reasonable. The food selection at Trader Joe's has changed and reading the ingredient lists on much of their stuff gives one pause ["organic" with a ton of sodium]. Also, TJ's Silver Lake store is more of a social meeting center IMHO which F&E has not become yet.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

I read an article a few months ago that F&E have put their San Francisco store plans on hold as sales at their stores in southern California had fallen well short of expectations.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:16 pm
Banned

Kali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
I read an article a few months ago that F&E have put their San Francisco store plans on hold as sales at their stores in southern California had fallen well short of expectations.
..and I thought this thread was about some wench.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:29 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
I work in the industry and there are 2 stores scheduled to open in San Francisco in 2009 and about 7 in the Sacramento area if you go to their web-site you can see the locations that are scheduled, as far as I know San Francisco is still going ahead
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:32 pm
Banned

Kali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I work in the industry and there are 2 stores scheduled to open in San Francisco in 2009 and about 7 in the Sacramento area if you go to their web-site you can see the locations that are scheduled, as far as I know San Francisco is still going ahead
great Tescos. I thought I escaped that when I moved here. Globalization has much to answer for...
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:34 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kali-forniarrr
great Tescos. I thought I escaped that when I moved here. Globalization has much to answer for...
Misery lol
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:40 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Misery lol
Next it will be Next, I suppose.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Kali-forniarrr
Next it will be Next, I suppose.
Or worse Top Shop

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.