Foundation Repair

Old Oct 11th 2006, 3:24 am
sas
Forum Regular

sas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nice
Default Re: Foundation Repair

What drought regulations? is that just for Plano?
Old Oct 11th 2006, 3:52 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sas
What drought regulations? is that just for Plano?
Yes! And the neighbouring Richardson and Dallas counties avoided most of it!

It really sucked too. Only allowed to water one day per week (trash collection day) and only between 6pm and 9am. $2000 fine for anyone breaking the rules.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 11:37 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

We had the watering restrictions this summer too, but it wasn't as strict as y'alls: forbidden between 9am and 6pm but we could do it any day of the week. Last year I didn't water the grass as much as I should have. I wised up this year, especially when I saw the tell tale gap between the soil and the foundation. We've been soaker hosing throughout the summer. I also spent a lot of time adjusting sprinker heads this year. I watered the pavement a lot last summer but it really didn't grow any . Anyway, think I got away without any foundation damage despite last year's negligence, touch wood.

We don't have much grass left in our back yard after the previous owners squeezed a pool in, so we don't have sprinklers there. As I hardly watered the back yard either I suspect that some of the pool underground piping got cracked due to shifting soil. We seem to be losing water much quicker than we should be.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 1:21 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbj1000
, but we were stupid and complied to the drought regulations and only ran them one day a week to avoid a $2000 fine. We won't make that mistake again.
drought regulations, omg never heard of that one here maybe it's quite common
Old Oct 11th 2006, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Who knew you had to water your house?
yep certainly here you have to keep the water on around your house for the slab etc.....wonderful construction eh
Old Oct 11th 2006, 1:37 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

I remember thinking that someone was having a shed built the first time I saw them lay foundations in Florida I couldn't believe they were actually for a house, no wonder they all afll over when a hurricane blows
Old Oct 11th 2006, 1:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
yep certainly here you have to keep the water on around your house for the slab etc.....wonderful construction eh
It's not really because of the construction (although it can be part of the problem) it's because of the heat and drying out of the ground that causes the slab to dry out as well.

Our hoses are fairly well hidden behind the shrubs we have all around the property so it is easier to turn on the water and soak the house. We didn't have a water ban at all this year so I dont feel so guilty!
Old Oct 11th 2006, 1:51 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Thydney
I remember thinking that someone was having a shed built the first time I saw them lay foundations in Florida I couldn't believe they were actually for a house, no wonder they all afll over when a hurricane blows

that's exactly how i describe them, glorified garden sheds and gerry built that's for sure
Old Oct 11th 2006, 3:28 pm
Just a rock in the rain

nai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TruBrit
drought regulations, omg never heard of that one here maybe it's quite common
In town here we had these signs up saying that the town was under "voluntary water restrictions" .......... not entirely sure what that meant, but it used to really irritate me that the town had these signs up when for a good 2 weeks (at least) they had about 10 sprinklers going constantly (day and night) on a new football (soccer) plex that they were building.

But then this is the town where instead of fixing the pot holes in the road they simply put up a sign saying "rough road".
Old Oct 11th 2006, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

We still have the water restrictions but we are only on Stage Two (because everyone has been good at sticking to the water restrictions apparently) so we get two designated watering days a week.

Under our regulations, a waiter in a restaurant is not allowed to give you water unless you ask for it, he can't offer it or the restaurant gets fined.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 2:51 am
sun lover

sambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond repute

You guys in Texas seem to be getting it really bad.

I live in Phoenix, AZ, where it is v hot and dry, but I don't know anyone who waters their, house. The grass and plants yes, but not the frickin house.

Wonder what the difference is
Old Oct 12th 2006, 3:57 am
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

That's why you live in Florida. The State's weather system waters your house for you.

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Who knew you had to water your house?
Old Oct 12th 2006, 4:07 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambuc
You guys in Texas seem to be getting it really bad.

I live in Phoenix, AZ, where it is v hot and dry, but I don't know anyone who waters their, house. The grass and plants yes, but not the frickin house.

Wonder what the difference is
Clay soil. Most parts of Texas have this damned clay soil, and while it's great for fossils, it sucks for building on. When it rains, clay swells, and when you have 10 consecutive months of drought, it shrinks a LOT.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 4:31 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

I was intrigued by the problem, I only know of a couple of soils that do this, so i googled for soil info. and found this, it tells how to water enough to protect the foundation and slab:
click here
Old Oct 12th 2006, 12:08 pm
Arrogant ****

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
I was intrigued by the problem, I only know of a couple of soils that do this, so i googled for soil info. and found this, it tells how to water enough to protect the foundation and slab:
click here
Thanks for the link. Tried to karma you, but I can't.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.