Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Foster baby came and went

Wikiposts

Foster baby came and went

Old Mar 27th 2011, 2:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Foster baby came and went

Originally Posted by Juswus
I've had a bloody amazing life. I can never thank my Mum enough I wouldn't change a thing.

pmsl @ gooseberry bush. My brother told me my Mum fell over me on the doorstep one day and thought "Oh I suppose I'd better keep her". This is about the 3rd time I've posted on here about mean stuff my brother did when I was a kid...pmsl. He was a fab brother really

I'm sure your brother's crazy sense of humour rubbed off on you....
Old Mar 28th 2011, 4:24 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Foster baby came and went

Originally Posted by moi
Trixie B that is wonderful that you are going through the process.
I put a link that has helped us a lot through the process - they even have a CA section.

http://forums.adoption.com/foster-care-adoption/

Just be prepared for the fact that they may go back to bio or a relative. Not sure if you have any bio kids or not, but that does help you alot if they are reunited. However if reunification does not happen you get first choice to adopt them.
Keep in the age range that you are most comfortable with until you feel like a pro.
Do you work full time? It was hard work and I stayed home as I got laid off in the summer. NJ pay for full time daycare though. I think it is doable with full or part time work, but it is harder than if you were to stay home. Please feel free to ask any questions as you go through the process. However; each state has slightly different rules/regulations.
If you do international or domestic adoption, be prepared for mega bucks. This way doesn't cost you anything, however; reunification is always the goal, unless that cannot be achieved.

Mummy - I hear you about the $. We only used to get approx $25 a day for everything. I used to make that as an Exec Assistant in 1 hour when I was working! If anything, we spent more than what we got. However; it did help that we have a 5 year old boy and still had some older things of his to use. The self gratitude from fostering far weighs out the corporate bull crap anyday.

There are some fantastic - adorable kids out there that just need a home and lots of hugs and kisses and the kids really need you.
Thanks....