Florida shooting

Old Feb 28th 2018, 5:26 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florida shooting

Originally Posted by BenK91
I was at the range last night talking to a cop whose also the NRA firearms instructor on my class and he was furious when someone told him the AR in AR15 stood for assault rifle. Wish I’d filmed it!
He got 'furious' when someone misnamed a toy, FFS? Sounds like a right insufferable wanker. WGAF what it stands for anyway, it's not like guns are actually important, or will actually advance humanity in any way - they're just a tool when all's said and done.
Old Feb 28th 2018, 5:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

What semantics? There is quite literally no firearm sold or labeled as a assault rifle... The media and people’s perception of it can certainly create the fog that is a assault rifle but it isn’t...

AR = Armolite Rifle + 15 = 15th attempt of making such rifle = AR15.

WD = Water Displacement + 40 = 40th attempt of making such a solution = WD-40...
I am going to presume that the CEO of DSG know what his store is going to stop selling, so your attempt to denigrate their statement is really pretty silly... but entirely predictable.

The CEO said "assault style rifle" anyway and its statement says "military-style semi-automatic rifles".
Old Feb 28th 2018, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
He got 'furious' when someone misnamed a toy, FFS? Sounds like a right insufferable wanker. WGAF what it stands for anyway, it's not like guns are actually important, or will actually advance humanity in any way - they're just a tool when all's said and done.
Oh don't get me wrong, he was a complete tool. He also fit my bill of 99% of cops that have been bullied at school. Short, a little podgy, receding hairline etc etc.

I also completely agree with you, there is no benefit to law abiding civilians owning a gun, there's also no disadvantage to law abiding citizens owning a gun but there you go!
Old Feb 28th 2018, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
I am going to presume that the CEO of DSG know what his store is going to stop selling, so your attempt to denigrate their statement is really pretty silly... but entirely predictable.
I'm not trying to denigrate their statement, good assumption though!

I back the ban on .223/.556 rifles from stores that aren't a specialty firearm store. I also see no issue with raising the age to 21 so...

I'm merely saying, at least label it what it is: a rifle.
Old Feb 28th 2018, 5:32 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Oh don't get me wrong, he was a complete tool. He also fit my bill of 99% of cops that have been bullied at school. Short, a little podgy, receding hairline etc etc.
He's also the kind of gatekeeping pedant who can make any hobbyist look like a douchecanoe. That it was guns in this case was by the by, it's that attitude that rubs me the wrong way.

I also completely agree with you, there is no benefit to law abiding civilians owning a gun, there's also no disadvantage to law abiding citizens owning a gun but there you go!
It's totally neutral. Whether you have one or not makes absolutely no difference in the grand scheme of things.

But there are a small handful of 'cultists', for want of a better word, who seem to completely define themselves by the fact that they have the ability to shoot someone, and they are the ones who give normal gun owners a bad name.
Old Feb 28th 2018, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

DSG's themselves stopped selling them a couple of years ago, but a subsidiary was still doing so, that is where they have extended their internal "ban" to.
Old Feb 28th 2018, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

But there are a small handful of 'cultists', for want of a better word, who seem to completely define themselves by the fact that they have the ability to shoot someone, and they are the ones who give normal gun owners a bad name.
Nail on the head

Sadly my gentleman's area is still the same size, even though I own firearms...
Old Feb 28th 2018, 5:43 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Nail on the head

Sadly, it is (at least in the public perception) those "cultists" who call the shots - if you'll excuse the pun - at the NRA. Now, if there was a concerted effort by reasonable and responsible gun-owners to call the cultists out for the knobends they are, and take the Association back to a more moderate position away from nutcase-right-wingery, we could all rest comfortable in the knowledge that our gentleman's sausage is not likely to be impugned, and fewer children might die in a hail of bullets.
Old Feb 28th 2018, 5:46 pm
I have a comma problem

Nail on the head

Yup.

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Sadly, it is (at least in the public perception) those "cultists" who call the shots - if you'll excuse the pun - at the NRA. Now, if there was a concerted effort by reasonable and responsible gun-owners to call the cultists out for the knobends they are, and take the Association back to a more moderate position away from nutcase-right-wingery, we could all rest comfortable in the knowledge that our gentleman's sausage is not likely to be impugned, and fewer children might die in a hail of bullets.
Well, empty vessels rattle loudest, etc.
Old Feb 28th 2018, 5:48 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
You need to have your "rights" curtailed because the number of gun deaths in the US number in the tens of thousands, not because of just one of the many shootings.

Government failure? More like an overall cultural failure where people feel that their weapons are more important than the number of deaths caused by them.
I "need to have my rights curtailed"? Oh boy. They're your rights too.
Fortunately, you don't get to arbitrarily tell me what I need or am allowed.
What is it with people with liberal mindsets telling other people what they can and cannot do? Rights are inalienable and endowed by the creator. The government doesn't grant rights/permission. The Bill of Rights are restrictions on government, not people.

Please be intellectually honest. Did the government fail? Yes.
Did the FBI fail? Yes. Did the school system fail? Yes. Did the Sheriff's Dept fail on multiple levels? Yes.
Old Feb 28th 2018, 5:50 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Rights are inalienable and endowed by the creator.
Rights are man made, big boy. There is no creator.
Old Feb 28th 2018, 5:54 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Octang's silence on this is deafening. I guess he is too busy congratulating himself on having posted the most "extreme" bill he could find so that he can claim the "Democrats are going to take your guns away" (tm).
What's my deafening silence? Apologies that I have a job.

There's very little difference between the national bill and the MN one.
They both want to take your guns away. Slocomb's bill just wants to do it now.
The national one is more a wither-on-the-vine/take a generation model.

Of course Democrats want to take your guns. Just these ones. Nobody needs those. Oh, that didn't work. Well, we need to take these ones too. And these. And these.

Are you deluding yourself or are you deliberately lying by declaring Dems don't want to take guns. It's fascinating to know. I know that you're either deluded or have an agenda.
Old Feb 28th 2018, 5:55 pm
Peace onion

Rights are man made, big boy. There is no creator.
I'm not a theist. But the fact remains, rights are inalienable, regardless of whatever lefties think.
Old Feb 28th 2018, 5:59 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
I'm not a theist. But the fact remains, rights are inalienable, regardless of whatever lefties think.
The fact remains - nobody gives a shiny shit about your guns either. Have them, don't have them, who cares? As long as you don't get all preachy about it do whatever you want.
Old Feb 28th 2018, 6:01 pm
Peace onion

Lion in Winter and Giantaxe seem to care.
They want to curtail my "rights", as she said in quotes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.