Florida shooting

Old Feb 20th 2018, 4:29 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florida shooting

Originally Posted by N1cky
That is one really scary image.
Even if I had one, I don't think I'd be watching TV packing heat. In fact I can say with certainty that if I did I wouldn't have a TV anymore after that ****ing Crystal Palace match in 2014. Bastards.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 4:29 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
I'm aware of that. There's a difference in having your concealed carry on you or actually holding your pistol in your hand as you answer the door which is what I believe people are getting at.
Why did you assume that was what I was getting at? I said "armed".
Old Feb 20th 2018, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
For the sake of repeating myself, yet again. If you have a gun for self defense, but you say you are a 'responsible gun owner' and your gun is locked up in your bedroom. What use is your gun if you answer the door unarmed to someone who then attacks you?
I'm not paranoid about someone attacking me when I open my door, so I fail to see the correlation of that and me being a sensible gun owner...?

Also at what point in this entire thread have I ever stated that my guns are owned for self defense...
Old Feb 20th 2018, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Actually, the first one that comes to mind is my hairdresser. She's a beautiful young woman who was the victim of a previous vicious assault. The second is an elderly couple who live out on some isolated property in the country.

Just because you own a gun doesn't mean you "own" this argument. There are a lot of people out there with a lot of different experiences, some that may not line up your breathtakingly vast knowledge and expertise.

But feel free to be a dick to me for no reason --- it really helps your argument.
Immensely ironic that you claim that I've come across as a self-righteous, self-proclaimed expert yet I've been a dick to you for merely making a statement to a post you've made open to comment on a public forum. Fantastic.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 4:35 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not paranoid about someone attacking me when I open my door, so I fail to see the correlation of that and me being a sensible gun owner...?

Also at what point in this entire thread have I ever stated that my guns are owned for self defense...
Mine are not either, I do have a sizable dog, most people do not initially realise he is a muppet. Suppose he could lick them to death.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 4:37 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Mine are not either, I do have a sizable dog, most people do not initially realise he is a muppet. Suppose he could lick them to death.
Hold on, didn't you say earlier in the thread that you didn't own guns? Not that I'm about to go looking for it, you understand.

In this case though, I'd rather be shot than licked, personally
Old Feb 20th 2018, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

I also have a peep-hole or whatever you call it on my front door. Funnily enough, it's great when I just don't feel like taking my AR15 to the door..

I also have a sizeable dog, who would probably just jump on them because she's stupid.

I best sign up to the NRA real fast as I'm such a gun nut.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 4:39 pm
I have a comma problem

Don't get all defensive. Your explanation of how you store and use your guns was pretty bloody sensible. The NRA will suck any of that sensibility right out of you, while they are simultaneously being sucked off by half the GOP.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 4:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Hold on, didn't you say earlier in the thread that you didn't own guns? Not that I'm about to go looking for it, you understand.

In this case though, I'd rather be shot than licked, personally
I do not have a AR15, I do have .22LR for plinking and a hunting rifle for, well...

I also have a Concealed Carry Permit but nothing suitable to carry.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 4:41 pm
I have a comma problem

I do not have a AR15, I do have .22LR for plinking and a hunting rifle for, well...

I also have a Concealed Carry Permit but nothing suitable to carry.
OK, that was it.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Don't get all defensive. Your explanation of how you store and use your guns was pretty bloody sensible. The NRA will suck any of that sensibility right out of you, while they are simultaneously being sucked off by half the GOP.
But apparently because I keep my guns locked up and don't carry them to the front door in the 1 in a million chance of someone attacking me at my front door I'm not a sensible gun-owner?

(Not saying you said that, just bloody hilarious someone on here is moronic enough to try and compare the two).
Old Feb 20th 2018, 4:42 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Immensely ironic that you claim that I've come across as a self-righteous, self-proclaimed expert yet I've been a dick to you for merely making a statement to a post you've made open to comment on a public forum. Fantastic.
Are you feeling alright?

I made a rather innocuous comment, that shouldn't surprise anybody who knows anything about gun culture in the US, and you made a dick-ish comment about crackheads and paranoid freaks. You then went on to lecture me about how YOU and the people that YOU know behave.

FWIW - this isn't a "public forum".

Last edited by Leslie; Feb 20th 2018 at 4:59 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 4:42 pm
Account Closed

I also have a peep-hole or whatever you call it on my front door. Funnily enough, it's great when I just don't feel like taking my AR15 to the door..

I also have a sizeable dog, who would probably just jump on them because she's stupid.

I do not have a peep hole, was going to get one of those fancy Amazon Locks with a camera but like everything it seems, did not like my Zip.

Uber Eats sent me an invite, but same deal when I tried to sign up.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 4:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Leslie

FWIW - this isn't a "pubic forum".
I thought it is.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 4:44 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

You seem to be in the minority then, as most people seem to answer 'self defense' for the main reason they own a gun.

Now you're just being a knob.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.