Florida shooting

Old Feb 21st 2018, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

NYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florida shooting

Originally Posted by BenK91
What duties? Shooting unarmed people of color?

When I got pulled over in Wyoming for speeding, the officer had an AR15 in the back of the car along with a shotgun and a Glock strapped to his waist.

What's he expecting to encounter? World War 3? Zombie Apocalypse?

Octang Frye is right. The definition of what an AR15 is cannot be chopped and changed just because the person holding it isn't a civilian.
Can I ask how you knew he had these weapons in the back of his police car? Ordinarily, when you are stopped for speeding or driving infractions, a person remains in his own car while the cop returns alone to his vehicle with the license, registration & insurance.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
It's interesting that Boiler, Ben and myself all live in Colorado.
Are we libertarians or just goofy due to lack of oxygen?
I thought the perception was that we're all just high and sipping moonshine from our Nalgene bottle?
Old Feb 21st 2018, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NYer
Can I ask how you knew he had these weapons in the back of his police car? Ordinarily, when you are stopped for speeding or driving infractions, a person remains in his own car while the cop returns alone to his vehicle with the license, registration & insurance.
Due to the weather conditions, and narrow road I was stopped on he invited me to sit in the front of his cruiser. Very nice guy actually. Certainly not your run of the mill policeman.

He also had to ask me more questions and go through more documentation as the car I was driving had been purchased the day before in California (I was driving it back). Therefore I had no registration documents as such - merely the sales contract and temporary window sticker.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 5:49 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Contemplating this thread has made me wonder if there are posters here who have never had someone or something – could be a spouse, a child, a beloved pet – snatched away from them out of the blue. I’m not talking about a parent becoming elderly and dying, but the situation where someone goes out to work and never comes home again; or a supposedly routine operation turns fatal. I can’t believe that anyone who has truly loved can think that second amendment rights beat out the right of any person, of any age, to live their life through to its logical conclusion in old age, safe from wondering if this is the day it all ends. Look at your family, your pets, anyone you truly love. Isn’t it worth getting the kind of weapons that should never be in the hands of civilians off the streets in order to be sure that your child comes home from school tonight, your wife or husband returns from the office? However difficult it may be, however long a haul to accomplish it, massive changes have to be made. There’s nothing to laugh about where this topic is concerned. It truly is life and death we’re discussing. Time for a little John Donne:

No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 5:55 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

I hear you, Nutmegger, but you can't live your life that way.
Otherwise we'd never leave the house.

I had a friend commit suicide this last Boxing Day. My nextdoor neighbor, friend and school mate was knocked off his bicycle and killed when he was 11.

So you just want firearms out of the hands of civilians? I'm sure the BLM folk would agree with you.

Last edited by Octang Frye; Feb 21st 2018 at 5:59 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 6:00 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

The irony is that I used to mildly oppose gun control until I started reading pro-gun comments online.

There are almost zero instances when I read them and think, "Gee, I'm sure glad that the guy who posted that has access to weapons." Usually, it's quite the opposite.

The problem isn't with guns. It's with gun owners.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

NYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
Due to the weather conditions, and narrow road I was stopped on he invited me to sit in the front of his cruiser. Very nice guy actually. Certainly not your run of the mill policeman.

He also had to ask me more questions and go through more documentation as the car I was driving had been purchased the day before in California (I was driving it back). Therefore I had no registration documents as such - merely the sales contract and temporary window sticker.
OK!
Old Feb 21st 2018, 6:05 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
The irony is that I used to mildly oppose gun control until I started reading pro-gun comments online.

There are almost zero instances when I read them and think, "Gee, I'm sure glad that the guy who posted that has access to weapons." Usually, it's quite the opposite.

The problem isn't with guns. It's with gun owners.
Oh boy... How many hundreds of millions of guns in the country? Gun owners are the problem? If we were really the problem there'd be blood on the streets every day.
Gun violence down in America.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2ed33a79e830
Old Feb 21st 2018, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by NYer
OK!
He did think I was Australian when he first started speaking to me though. Bit of an insult.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh boy... How many hundreds of millions of guns in the country? Gun owners are the problem? If we were really the problem there'd be blood on the streets every day.

Great article.

The misconception a lot of people seem to have on this thread is that just because you own a gun, you use it often or carry it everywhere which couldn't be further from the truth for the majority of gun owners.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 6:13 pm
Peace onion

I haven't seen my guns since February of last year when I had the nephew over with his friend. Took them to the range, I really should clean them. The guns, not the nephew.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 6:13 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

How do the pedants like the way Trump used "machine gun" in his bump stock announcement? Surely that is verboten?

"That process began in December, and just a few moments ago I signed a memorandum directing the attorney general to propose regulations to ban all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns," Trump said.

gasp
Old Feb 21st 2018, 6:17 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

You're not doing your side any favors. Frankly, you sound like a guy who should be restricted to slingshots made for kids.

The US has the highest homicide rate in the first world. So thanks for proving my point for me.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 6:19 pm
Peace onion

Originally Posted by Leslie
How do the pedants like the way Trump used "machine gun" in his bump stock announcement? Surely that is verboten?

"That process began in December, and just a few moments ago I signed a memorandum directing the attorney general to propose regulations to ban all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns," Trump said.

gasp
He's pretty much correct.
You're approximating automatic fire.
Machine guns fire rifle caliber rounds automatically.
Submachine guns fire pistol rounds automatically.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Leslie

gasp
For once he actually isn't that incorrect.

Bump stocks and other devices like that should be banned, so a good move for once. Although they really shouldn't have ever been legal and easily accessible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.