Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Flights are booked (eek!)

Wikiposts

Flights are booked (eek!)

Old Apr 11th 2011, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

bettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud of
Default Flights are booked (eek!)

Well after 2 years of procrastination and endless conversations of 'should we or shouldn't we?' I have handed in my notice at work and booked our flights for the 25th June. I can't quite believe it's happening now but I do feel like a load has been lifted and feel completely sure that it's the right thing for us, especially me (although I hope those words don't come back to bite me).
OH is going to stay for a bit so that we have at least one salary coming in while I sort out schools, rental and a job- piece of cake
Old Apr 11th 2011, 7:36 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights are booked (eek!)

Congratulations.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

mctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bettyboo67
Well after 2 years of procrastination and endless conversations of 'should we or shouldn't we?' I have handed in my notice at work and booked our flights for the 25th June. I can't quite believe it's happening now but I do feel like a load has been lifted and feel completely sure that it's the right thing for us, especially me (although I hope those words don't come back to bite me).
OH is going to stay for a bit so that we have at least one salary coming in while I sort out schools, rental and a job- piece of cake
Good for you congratulations...Hope everything works out for you...Where are you hoping to settle?
Old Apr 11th 2011, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Well done! June wont be long in coming and you will be going back at a glorious time of year! Hope it all works out for you.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

bettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mctraill
Good for you congratulations...Hope everything works out for you...Where are you hoping to settle?
We have decided on the north west area of Glasgow after going all around the UK on Right Move (literally!) We didn't want to return to the town we had been living in, wanted to live in a city, close to family and friends- but not too close -and an area with good schools and train links to the city. One of the main benefits of doing this whole thing has been that it's shown me what I really want out of life and that is people around me that I love and who make me laugh. It sounds very simple but I hadn't figured that out and I was approaching 40 when we moved here. Thanks to Mummy and Quoll for their good wishes too. I'd better not write any more as I have had a ribena (or two) tonight to celebrate booking the flights etc.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Emiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of light

We have decided on the north west area of Glasgow after going all around the UK on Right Move (literally!) We didn't want to return to the town we had been living in, wanted to live in a city, close to family and friends- but not too close -and an area with good schools and train links to the city. One of the main benefits of doing this whole thing has been that it's shown me what I really want out of life and that is people around me that I love and who make me laugh. It sounds very simple but I hadn't figured that out and I was approaching 40 when we moved here. Thanks to Mummy and Quoll for their good wishes too. I'd better not write any more as I have had a ribena (or two) tonight to celebrate booking the flights etc.
Couldnt agree more being around friends and family it must be an age thing
Good time to go back!
Wish you all the best.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I just posted on another thread about other options for where to live for you, think it was on Loch Lomond's post. Good luck with the move, I'm sure it'll all work out fine. Just out of interest, where did you live before?? Anyway, good luck
Old Apr 18th 2011, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Brat1
Hey, I just posted on another thread about other options for where to live for you, think it was on Loch Lomond's post. Good luck with the move, I'm sure it'll all work out fine. Just out of interest, where did you live before?? Anyway, good luck
Hi, I went over to the other thread to read what you had put, thanks for the info I will check it out when we go over as I think you really need to see an area before you can make those kind of decisions. For us this area will be for a long time while our boys go through high school so it feels like we have to get it right straight away( no pressure ) in order that we don't disrupt them any more. I really liked Bearsden when we went on a reccie more than I thought I would- but yes you don't get much for your money.
We moved to Canada from Stirling although before that we were in London. I'm originally from Glasgow (Drumchapel and Partick) so it feels like I've come full circle. I know Glasgow might not be everybodys choice but for us it ticks all the boxes- apart from weather!
Old Apr 18th 2011, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I went over to the other thread to read what you had put, thanks for the info I will check it out when we go over as I think you really need to see an area before you can make those kind of decisions. For us this area will be for a long time while our boys go through high school so it feels like we have to get it right straight away( no pressure ) in order that we don't disrupt them any more. I really liked Bearsden when we went on a reccie more than I thought I would- but yes you don't get much for your money.
We moved to Canada from Stirling although before that we were in London. I'm originally from Glasgow (Drumchapel and Partick) so it feels like I've come full circle. I know Glasgow might not be everybodys choice but for us it ticks all the boxes- apart from weather!
There's nothing wrong with Bearsden at all and from what I know, I think the schools are okay, it's just a lot more expensive for property. If that doesn't bother you, then i'm sure it'll be fine. Nice town centre in Bearsen too so you get everything all at the one time.

At the end of the day, you'll get a "feel" whether its right or not when you go there so good luck with whatever you choose. I'm sure it's going to work out just fine