Fitness...do you?

Old Nov 8th 2018, 6:22 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fitness...do you?

Originally Posted by Maste
SoS are you still in the gym?
I hadn't been for a few months, but I did start going back a few weeks ago. Completely started from scratch - emptied the bar and I'm working my way back up again, so I should, in theory, be back up to squatting 225 by the middle of January. Sooner if I go every other day instead of M/W/F with weekends as a break.

I've been doing a quick mile run on the treadmill after lifting, but I managed to get in a 5K run on Tuesday night. Just around 40 minutes, which was quicker than I expected it to be. That being said, I'm not sure how many more outdoor runs I'll get in before the weather turns on me.
Old Nov 8th 2018, 7:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I've start to flail around at the gym a few times a week, mostly.

Also, moved to another curling club and curl in 3 leagues there now. Two of them were supposed to be very social leagues but they've turned out to be anything but...they're cut throat

Club, also does weekly clinics and I've been able to get to quite a few and those have helped with balance quite a lot. It's just chucking a few rocks along some ice, but after throwing about 100 of those 42 pound stones in a couple hours and your legs feel it big time.

Just had my physical too and for the first time, the doctor didn't do a tut tut...so I'll call that good
Old Nov 8th 2018, 7:19 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my god, I decided to do a bit of reading back to see when I was last actively exercising and saw that I said this back in March.

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I'd like to be under 200lbs before my next check up in July. That's about 37lbs or so though, so I'll have to grind.
So yeah - so far of that 37lbs I have lost maybe 15, if I was to weigh myself after my morning piss, on a good day. Next checkup is the end of January though, but I have to get through Thanksgiving and Christmas between now and then
Old Apr 23rd 2019, 4:05 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

resurrecting this old thread....
swimming cossie season beckons. I had fallen off the wagon as regards any kind of exercise ( skiing doesn't really count...)
Finding it almost impossible to get to the lake for rowing due to work/ teens social life.
My friend bought a Peloton bike and I almost choked on how much she paid for it ($2k +). So, I bought a spin bike stuck it in the living room in front of the tv and the sound bar.. bob's your uncle for a lot less than $2k. Tonight. I finished up my workout by jumping into the cold pool sing T-Rex get it on"
Come on peeps.... how's it all going?
Old Apr 23rd 2019, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
swimming cossie season beckons. I had fallen off the wagon as regards any kind of exercise ( skiing doesn't really count...)
Finding it almost impossible to get to the lake for rowing due to work/ teens social life.
My friend bought a Peloton bike and I almost choked on how much she paid for it ($2k +). So, I bought a spin bike stuck it in the living room in front of the tv and the sound bar.. bob's your uncle for a lot less than $2k. Tonight. I finished up my workout by jumping into the cold pool sing T-Rex get it on"
Yeah, those Pelaton bike prices are eye watering! I just would have done what you did, and use my chromecast to stream workout videos from youtube or something. Crazy people pay 2k for that stuff. Kudos though on getting on with your workout!

We have the lake family reunion in July, so working towards that. After a crazy few months following the Christmas visit home to England, I finally got back onto it. I'm doing intermittent fasting (20 hours fast, 4 hours eating), runs with my dog as I always do (at 300+ miles for the year so far, goal is 1,000 with her again this year), and also in the gym! Slowly getting there, but it's a slow work of progress period. Soccer leagues start up May too.
Old Apr 23rd 2019, 8:00 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Curling season has ended. We're not joining the arena club with their summer season, so it's a bit weird as we've curled most Wednesdays the last couple years. Nice for the break though.

Still flailing at the gym 2-3 times a week.

The Brazilians, are saying they'll start playing footie soon, once the field dries out a bit, so I'll be invited back for that...though that should be amusing.
Old May 4th 2019, 3:33 am
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
Pelotons also cost like $40 a month for service too right?! Your option sounds way, way better.

Since I was last active on this forum, I’ve joined Equinox (yeah I know, I’m basic) through corporate discount and go 4 times a week. Catch me on the elliptical machine or a bike watching either 30 Rock or Drunk History to avoid clock and/or people watching.... for stress relief I do yoga once or twice a week, and have been pretty active on calorie counting and eating ‘clean’. I do genuinely feel way healthier and fitter than I’ve ever been (not that I’ve ever really been too out of shape), but the catalyst for me was trying to get some sort of a balance from stress at work and a place to clear my head if that makes sense?
Old Nov 24th 2019, 4:01 pm
Banned

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
As an off and on runner the past 25 years I have started again. I last ran when I was 51 and enjoyed the after effects immensely until a hobbling foot injury.
Well fast forward 7 years and start again slow and easy...loving it.
Up to 3 miles (4.8km) per run.
What if anything do you do...biking, swimming, stationary bike, weights?
Keep it up. I'm sure it will pay dividends. At 72 I still do triathlons and for the last few years endurance swimming. Having done the Alcatraz- San Fransisco swim a couple of times I'm now looking forward to swimming the Arctic circle swim. Fitness is everything, well nearly everything. It doesn't necessarily mean health but it goes a long way towards it. My philosophy is to always try and extend yourself. 3miles is not something to be sneezed at. Good for you.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 6:23 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my god, I decided to do a bit of reading back to see when I was last actively exercising and saw that I said this back in March.

So yeah - so far of that 37lbs I have lost maybe 15, if I was to weigh myself after my morning piss, on a good day. Next checkup is the end of January though, but I have to get through Thanksgiving and Christmas between now and then
I lost 55lbs on cico over a year then let myself go up 16/20 lbs eating and drinking what I want and come down again I tend to be pretty brutal with my calorie reduction now but have never bought into the minimums that some folk go on about I have never been a breakfast eater anyway and can survive on 650/700 calories a day with a tdee of about 2k with a bit of movement I can cut 2 kg a week with minimal exercise. My oh hates it because my diet becomes veg and Skyr yogurt. Ironically Cico led my to re evaluate my meat consumption and it's impact on the environment I don't abstain completely but tend to have it as a treat now.

It's probably not right but I enjoy dieting periods now because of the challenge.......

Last edited by Chatter Static; Nov 27th 2019 at 6:26 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 6:31 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
I lost 55lbs on cico over a year then let myself go up 16/20 lbs eating and drinking what I want and come down again I tend to be pretty brutal with my calorie reduction now but have never bought into the minimums that some folk go on about I have never been a breakfast eater anyway and can survive on 650/700 calories a day with a tdee of about 2k with a bit of movement I can cut 2 kg a week with minimal exercise. My oh hates it because my diet becomes veg and Skyr yogurt. Ironically Cico led my to re evaluate my meat consumption and it's impact on the environment I don't abstain completely but tend to have it as a treat now.

It's probably not right but I enjoy dieting periods now because of the challenge.......
Interesting that you quoted a post I made just before Thanksgiving last year and here I am with just about 10 of those 15lbs put back on again

I need to lose at least 60lbs though, so the fact that you lost 55lbs is at least some encouragement. I might give intermittent fasting a go, I've heard it works well combined with CICO, and I need to get more exercise than I have been lately too. I just suck at keeping it up, sadly.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 6:39 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting that you quoted a post I made just before Thanksgiving last year and here I am with just about 10 of those 15lbs put back on again

I need to lose at least 60lbs though, so the fact that you lost 55lbs is at least some encouragement. I might give intermittent fasting a go, I've heard it works well combined with CICO, and I need to get more exercise than I have been lately too. I just suck at keeping it up, sadly.
I must have quoted the wrong post...... oop's

Walking works just got to burn it, personally I find breakfast the easiest meal to miss lunch bang on 12 and try to get dinner in at 6, expresso and black coffee open season because they are pretty much calorie free, pay attention to salt intake and invest in a set of digital scales.

Old Nov 27th 2019, 6:45 pm
I have a comma problem

I must have quoted the wrong post...... oop's
Actually it was probably for the best that you did quote that one because I need a kick up the arse to not be a fat turd anymore now I'm on the wrong side of 40.

Walking works just got to burn it, personally I find breakfast the easiest meal to miss lunch bang on 12 and try to get dinner in at 6, expresso and black coffee open season because they are pretty much calorie free, pay attention to salt intake and invest in a set of digital scales.
I like walking, I need to make more time for it. I was running pretty regularly a while back, so I can get back to that again too and I play football once a week for maybe 9 months of the year so at the very least I'm always getting some kind of exercise.

I think I could skip breakfast and eat between 12pm and 8pm and make it work. I've heard you're supposed to exercise while fasted but I've played a couple of matches on an almost empty stomach and while I think heat was a factor, in one I was so freaking dead by the end of it it wasn't funny.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 6:50 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Can still pump 65 lbs. tread mill half hour, bike half hour, 3-4 mile walk 3 days a week
Old Nov 27th 2019, 7:01 pm
Quien no sabe

Originally Posted by dc koop
Can still pump 65 lbs. tread mill half hour, bike half hour, 3-4 mile walk 3 days a week
It all helps......
Old Nov 28th 2019, 4:39 am
Banned

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

It all helps......
With all due respect exercise isn't really the answer to permanent weight loss. It helps of course and the health benefits are incalculable. I have been involved with fitness and nutrition most of my working life and unquestionably the best way is to simply, and slowly, reduce the amount of food you put in your mouth!!! Instead of four biscuits eat two, cut back on the bolognas when having spaghetti, that sort of thing.

When you consider that you would have to run 30 miles to lose a pound of fat (3500) it just isn't worth while trying! Not that your body uses just fat calories anyway. Because of the way it does burn energy you would have to run, probably 50 miles, all without replacing the energy!!! A very tall order. Slowly slowly, cachee monkey! Get it off very slowly no more than a kilo a week and it will stay off; with a little discipline of course!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.