Fitness...do you?

Old Mar 8th 2020, 4:18 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fitness...do you?

oh my goodness! We won! We- the middle-aged mums boat- beat college teams of 20yr olds from UTexas Austin, Baylor and Texas A&M. It wasn't even close....... :-)

Old Mar 8th 2020, 12:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations...all that hard work training paid off.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

So, my first trail half marathon was a success! I came in 3rd overall! 1st place was an ex D1 college cross country runner who is now a coach at Bradley University in Illinois, second place was an 18 year old high school cross country runner. Coming in behind those two made me feel awesome! It was a tricky course, my pace average was 8:05/mile due to tricky terrain, steep climbs, creek crossings, and running alongside bluffs! I blew through the first 6 miles with an average pace of 7:30/mile, then I tired a little! It was such a beautiful run though.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 12:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maste
So, my first trail half marathon was a success! I came in 3rd overall! 1st place was an ex D1 college cross country runner who is now a coach at Bradley University in Illinois, second place was an 18 year old high school cross country runner. Coming in behind those two made me feel awesome! It was a tricky course, my pace average was 8:05/mile due to tricky terrain, steep climbs, creek crossings, and running alongside bluffs! I blew through the first 6 miles with an average pace of 7:30/mile, then I tired a little! It was such a beautiful run though.
congratulations...very well done!!
Old Mar 13th 2020, 4:46 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Big curling event that I was in that was meant to start yesterday, was cancelled yesterday morning. It was a 5 and under do and one of the folks on our team ages out after this season

Got some friends that were doing various US national events that were cancelled while travelling. One of them isn't aging out, but the others are, so they're gutted if they don't get re-scheduled but the season ends soon for many clubs, so it could be it for the season/year.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 2:27 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

it seems like a lifetime ago when I did that regatta. Going from 5 training sessions a week to nada has been hard. Our club has made it so that if we did want to row, we could go out in singles which is in accordance with our local 'stay at home' guidelines. I went once, armed with a can of lysol spray and sprayed everything I thought I would touch that others would also have touched, sprayed everything down afterwards too. But I decided that the risk was higher than I wanted to take. If it was my own boat and my own oars that only I had access to, then it would be ok but most of us use the club's boats. :-(
My son in Amsterdam (still there) was sounding very down and really missing his daily workouts too. So, I bought him a rowing machine and then rented one for me :-). So now, we exchange photos of our erg scores each day.
For those of you who already erg, Concept2 are doing some great challenges right now but you do need a C2.
My team-mates and I now mostly have ergs at home and are doing the team challenges which is helping a lot both physically and mentally. This week we have to race 6k and submit our best scores, the team captain will choose the fastest 8 to enter for our team. 6k at race speed is bloody hard!!
How's everybody else doing?
K
Old Apr 8th 2020, 5:59 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Turning into what looks like a frightened puffer fish.
Old Apr 11th 2020, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Fitness is going much better since working from home and on lock down. Running once everyday, sometimes twice. Also doing home workouts with the wife as we can't go to the gym! My running is actually improving as a result. It also helps that my local running club is posting weekly challenges for us all to do. This weeks challenge: 1 mile time trial. I did with the pup and we managed a 5:19 mile! A PR for us, and the next step is to figure out how to get under 5:00...
Old Oct 4th 2020, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Finally got to do a trail race today! My first one since March when the country went into lockdown. They've been allowed to go ahead as long as they follow protocols. They did it in waves of 12, 2 sent out at a time, 10 seconds apart. Every had to have masks/buffs up when overtaking and in the start/finish area. Overall, it was very well respected by all!

It was a 10 mile race, I came 9th overall, and got 2nd in my age group. Completed it in 1:08:45, an average pace of 6:59/mile on the trails!
Old Oct 5th 2020, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

OldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond repute

Due to the lack of exercise during COVID I just bought a standing desk and under desk treadmill. As long as the speed is reasonable I can type, although the monitor does bounce around a bit. I'm hoping to deflate my Covid-Tummy, as I'll be at home another 3-6 months.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 12:50 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OldJuddian
Due to the lack of exercise during COVID I just bought a standing desk and under desk treadmill. As long as the speed is reasonable I can type, although the monitor does bounce around a bit. I'm hoping to deflate my Covid-Tummy, as I'll be at home another 3-6 months.
This home office stuff is a struggle. It's way too easy to essentially not move at all. I do use my ergo rower about 6 times per week, and I'm trying to build in a walk every day to make up for not commuting. I may have to live off tomatoes and cucumber for the duration.

I had a standing desk at my previous job in an office, and that was good to avoid just sitting all day, but I haven't got the coordination to manage a treadmill as well.
Old Nov 24th 2020, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, time to finally get my arse in gear. I’ve had fads, rowing machines and treadmills, but the useage never lasts. I’m fed up of panting every time I climb the stairs at work, and thanks to a friends Facebook post, I hope I’ve found the answer. I was obviously aware of peloton, but didn’t know they had an app. $13 a month seems reasonable to see if I can keep this up, so excercise bike, cadence sensor, heart rate monitor incoming and an old tv and I’ve got peloton lite! Really excited about this, and the classes look like they will keep me motivated. If I find myself using this enough, I’ll probably fork out for the bike and the full membership next year.

Old Nov 25th 2020, 12:11 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

I've been running on a treadmill, with mask to get fit for curling, but the club hasn't opened. Got a silicon mask insert which helped with the water boarding feel after sweating, and got some what fit enough to run 5k's with a mask. Then I pulled a hamstring and the running has taken a bit of a break.
Old Nov 25th 2020, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

I hit my 2,000 mile running goal over the weekend just gone! I have a trail marathon on Dec 5th, and a couple of ultras in 2021. Looking forward to putting all my training and running into action finally.
Old Nov 25th 2020, 4:11 am
Banned

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markonline1
Ok, time to finally get my arse in gear. I’ve had fads, rowing machines and treadmills, but the useage never lasts. I’m fed up of panting every time I climb the stairs at work, and thanks to a friends Facebook post, I hope I’ve found the answer. I was obviously aware of peloton, but didn’t know they had an app. $13 a month seems reasonable to see if I can keep this up, so excercise bike, cadence sensor, heart rate monitor incoming and an old tv and I’ve got peloton lite! Really excited about this, and the classes look like they will keep me motivated. If I find myself using this enough, I’ll probably fork out for the bike and the full membership next year.

I really hate to put a dampener on your latest enthusiasm but I would say this is just another fad!!! If I had to say which is the best training aid I would suggest a mirror!!! if anything is going to motivate someone then looking at yourself is the best. Save your money, watch what you eat and do some more running. There is a hell of a lot more but that is the nitty gritty I'm afraid. I would honestly like to be wrong!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.