Fitness...do you?

Old Jan 10th 2018, 4:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fitness...do you?

Originally Posted by Rockgurl
Well luckily I do that anyway
now you have my attention.
Old Jan 10th 2018, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
Went to the gym for the first time yesterday, I was going to go ages ago following the advice of others on here using 5x5 but I got lazy...

Me and my wife have been trying to Vegan for the last few weeks and I've honestly never felt better, I've actually gained a couple pounds which for me is amazing as I'm sick of being a lanky stick!

I do miss a great big dirty burger though...
Old Jan 10th 2018, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

I really do miss meat, it's definitely a fair trade off for feeling better though. Guess we'll see how long it lasts when I'm leaving the office late and that dirty Wendy's burger is calling me.
Old Jan 10th 2018, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

ottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond repute

I have a friend who is mostly vegan, will not eat any prepared food makes everything from scratch herself.
Around every two weeks she says her body tells her she needs meat and will eat organic chicken or grass fed lamb.
Old Jan 10th 2018, 1:43 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Went to the gym for the first time yesterday, I was going to go ages ago following the advice of others on here using 5x5 but I got lazy...

Me and my wife have been trying to Vegan for the last few weeks and I've honestly never felt better, I've actually gained a couple pounds which for me is amazing as I'm sick of being a lanky stick!

I do miss a great big dirty burger though...
Sorry to hear about you going vegan . Actually, keep your protein up and you'll be grand and there are plenty of non-meat options not limited to shakes and supplements. Personally I will be a cold day in hell before I give up chicken but I know you can definitely build muscle on a 100% vegan diet.

Did you start up the 5x5 at the gym when you did go? It's a great program, IMO. Simple, effectively builds strength and endurance and you can pack on muscle if you keep your calories up.

I never went back on Monday in the end, because I had a weird perma-cramp thing in my hamstring that seemed like something I didn't want to aggravate. It went away yesterday but I promptly fell asleep in the living room at 9pm, so needless to say I didn't go then either. Hopefully tonight.

Indoor soccer starts up on Saturday too. That should get the sweat pumping
Old Jan 10th 2018, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

I really do miss meat, it's definitely a fair trade off for feeling better though. Guess we'll see how long it lasts when I'm leaving the office late and that dirty Wendy's burger is calling me.
I couldn't go without meat! But then the girlfriend and I do paleo! I am already looking forward to my refeed day this week

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I never went back on Monday in the end, because I had a weird perma-cramp thing in my hamstring that seemed like something I didn't want to aggravate. It went away yesterday but I promptly fell asleep in the living room at 9pm, so needless to say I didn't go then either. Hopefully tonight.

Indoor soccer starts up on Saturday too. That should get the sweat pumping
Fingers crossed your body behaves today and you hit the gym tonight

Man, I want to do soccer again. Winter here means no soccer, well, as far as I know! Possibly indoor leagues somewhere if I look... I wonder!
Old Jan 10th 2018, 2:09 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maste
Fingers crossed your body behaves today and you hit the gym tonight
I hope so too. It'll be an easy one since I'll have an absence-related deload so I can go the next three days and should be without DOMS if I take it easy.

I tend to like to go after 9pm because it's quieter, but that's when I start flirting with the chance I'll fall asleep first! If I go right after work, usually there's normally at least one power cage free but all the benches get claimed by the dumbbell guys, so if it's not OHP day I'm kinda ****ed.

Man, I want to do soccer again. Winter here means no soccer, well, as far as I know! Possibly indoor leagues somewhere if I look... I wonder!
You should be able to find an indoor league easily enough. I haven't played indoor for years though, so this should be interesting but will keep me in form until the league starts up again in April.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Finally, we are out of January! Dragged along. Managed to run everyday, despite sub 10 temps and the likes. 32 day streak thus far including todays!
Old Feb 1st 2018, 4:21 pm
I have a comma problem

Finally, we are out of January! Dragged along. Managed to run everyday, despite sub 10 temps and the likes. 32 day streak thus far including todays!
Cool.

I've done **** all. Not proud of it, but that's the way it is. I have to start back up next week though, or I never will, plus the doc wants me down 10lbs on my next checkup

That's in July though, I could drop 20 or more by then if I play my cards right.
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 2:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Cool.

I've done **** all. Not proud of it, but that's the way it is. I have to start back up next week though, or I never will, plus the doc wants me down 10lbs on my next checkup

That's in July though, I could drop 20 or more by then if I play my cards right.
To be honest, what I've heard from a friend in Wisconsin, that weather would make me hibernate. It's been not too bad in St Louis, as I'd say more than half the month we had winter sun which was pretty warm, and made running enjoyable enough. Plus the dog. She loves to run and if I don't run her she's a little s**t.
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 6:46 pm
I have a comma problem

To be honest, what I've heard from a friend in Wisconsin, that weather would make me hibernate. It's been not too bad in St Louis, as I'd say more than half the month we had winter sun which was pretty warm, and made running enjoyable enough. Plus the dog. She loves to run and if I don't run her she's a little s**t.
The cold is no excuse, I could have still gone to the gym. I just haven't been arsed to be honest. Best intentions and all that.

There's a 5K coming up locally on the 25th though, maybe I'll enter that and it'll mean I have to train or I'm out $30.00 for no good reason. Plus, April looms large and I have to get in shape for soccer again.
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

The cold is no excuse, I could have still gone to the gym. I just haven't been arsed to be honest. Best intentions and all that.

There's a 5K coming up locally on the 25th though, maybe I'll enter that and it'll mean I have to train or I'm out $30.00 for no good reason. Plus, April looms large and I have to get in shape for soccer again.
Ah soccer! I managed to find a local league to play for when 11 v 11 starts up again. I was talking to a barman in our local soccer bar (brilliant place, opens at 5:30am on Saturdays for the midday games), and it transpired they have a team in a locally run league! So gonna give that a go
Old Feb 5th 2018, 2:49 pm
I have a comma problem

Ah soccer! I managed to find a local league to play for when 11 v 11 starts up again. I was talking to a barman in our local soccer bar (brilliant place, opens at 5:30am on Saturdays for the midday games), and it transpired they have a team in a locally run league! So gonna give that a go
I knew you'd find a place to play if you looked around a bit. A lot of guys played in college, there are tons of decent players about.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

I knew you'd find a place to play if you looked around a bit. A lot of guys played in college, there are tons of decent players about.
They're currently doing 8v8 winter league, but I'm not fannying around in -10 weather outside, thanks. 20 min running in it is bad enough, let alone a 90 minute game! Waiting for Spring for the 11v11.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 3:21 pm
I have a comma problem

They're currently doing 8v8 winter league, but I'm not fannying around in -10 weather outside, thanks. 20 min running in it is bad enough, let alone a 90 minute game! Waiting for Spring for the 11v11.
That's why our league switches to indoor after the end of November. I keep sleeping in on Saturdays though, so I haven't been to a game yet this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.