Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

First time back in Scotland since I left ten years ago....

First time back in Scotland since I left ten years ago....

Old Mar 14th 2019, 12:59 pm
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light
Default First time back in Scotland since I left ten years ago....

......and I can’t wait to get back home to Texas!!! I really didn’t expect to feel like this! Obviously it was lovely to see family and friends; and I think I’ve eaten my own body weight in donner kebabs and fish and chips; but outside of that I’m struggling to find anything else I miss about the place.

I guess that explains why I’ve never been homesick 😂
Old Mar 14th 2019, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First time back in Scotland since I left ten years ago....

I had the same feeling (although not about Texas). Home is where you make it, not where you grew up.
Old Mar 14th 2019, 2:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

I'm definitely homesick and considering moving to East Lothian.
I miss the concerts, landscape, hills, lochs, sunrises, sunsets, beer, driving around the highlands, whisky trail, going to standing stones and old castles, renting a cottage in a coastal town when it's stormy. (Not so much the politics.)
The ability to get up on a Friday morning and be having dinner in Paris or Munich that evening. Or Paris one weekend, Rome or Milan the next.

Be a wee while before we can consider it though. And we'll consider the whole UK. We may end up being transatlantic.

Our ultimate goal is the top 100 Restaurants in the World.
Old Mar 14th 2019, 2:52 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

You've joined the club, Meryl -- we say, "I'm going home for a couple of weeks" when headed to the UK, then "I'm going home tomorrow" when headed back to the US!
Old Mar 20th 2019, 5:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

I've been back to England 5 times in the past 14 months to visit sick mum; I have found ways to pass the time enjoyably while there (and not tied up with mum) but I can't imagine living there.