Reload this Page >

First Lady, your thoughts?

First Lady, your thoughts?

Old Nov 12th 2016, 5:22 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: First Lady, your thoughts?

I'm back to add something else.

I've read that she looks to be a 'traditional first lady' in the manner of Jacky Kennedy . All silent but wheedling behind the scenes like some lady from the 19th century. All about the cakes and the mothers and the children.

Lets face it the Kennedy's were flaming well a good half century ago. Who wants to go back in time like that. Who should want women to go back in time like that .

I really do not think that young women and girls growing up need that as a role model. They need a strong woman to show them they are equal . That they are entitled to have their voices heard. That they aspire to more than a place beside some man. That their bodies are their own. That it doesn't matter their creed or colour . Their dress or demeanour . That they count.

That is something she certainly needs to be working on. I really hope she does.

OK -
Old Nov 12th 2016, 11:28 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Not the first though. Jackie Kennedy and Nancy Reagan come to mind
Nancy Reagan innocuous? Whatever.
Old Nov 12th 2016, 11:41 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
My feelings about this woman are mixed. I knew a young woman like this once. She was my sister's friend and set her sights on marrying a millionaire. She did achieve this. Someone 13 years older than herself at the local yacht club a lot of us frequented. I did because I liked to sail a bit and the only way was to crew.
My sister's friend was and is an intelligent person in her own right but she undoubtedly used her assets to do this and indeed succeeded. ( She wasn't into sailing ) I always felt she had sold herself short or taken a shortcut. Not just that though. That she had somehow silently sent a not so good message about the rest of us young women crewing around the place at that time. I lost the taste for being there in the end.

My thoughts on Melania are that she needs to shape up . Shape up good and shape up fast. Not sit , act & sound like a pudding .

IMO her 'cause' should be ensuring diversity, tolerance and understanding in the USA and championing the settling of immigrants to the country. Please note I have not written 'illegal immigrants' but she should certainly get up to speed on that fast & educate herself. She should get right on in there with Syrian refugees . Right on in there with the exploited. Simply right on in there.

She is an immigrant herself , regardless of how she achieved her legal status* , and English is not her first language. She was able to use her looks and body to further herself. Yup. I wrote that. I really don't think it was a meeting of the mind and soul. Not everyone is able to do as she has done but those people out there in the world with the verve to move and change their lives for hopefully a better life still deserve the same security and protection that her celebrity marriage has given her.

So. Her role should be an unofficial ambassador. As a foreign non-English speaking immigrant from a very culturally different country (and whose immigration status is under the microscope) with her focus to help those self same people.

That pair said they wanted change. Make a positive change.

Anything else is vacuous & in the case of internet bullying, double standards.

* To my knowledge BE never condones anything that whiffs of illegal immy actions, including non-disclosure and bending of immy rules.
I'm back to add something else.

I've read that she looks to be a 'traditional first lady' in the manner of Jacky Kennedy . All silent but wheedling behind the scenes like some lady from the 19th century. All about the cakes and the mothers and the children.

Lets face it the Kennedy's were flaming well a good half century ago. Who wants to go back in time like that. Who should want women to go back in time like that .

I really do not think that young women and girls growing up need that as a role model. They need a strong woman to show them they are equal . That they are entitled to have their voices heard. That they aspire to more than a place beside some man. That their bodies are their own. That it doesn't matter their creed or colour . Their dress or demeanour . That they count.

That is something she certainly needs to be working on. I really hope she does.

OK -
It's pretty clear to me that approximately half of the US believes that women are chattel. I always knew that this was a popular sentiment, even among my own gender, I'm glad we know the exact numbers now. It's good to know where you stand. I look for incidences of rape, bullying, slut shaming, inequality at work, sex trafficking, illegal abortions and abandoned babies, all to increase drastically. It's been normalized from the top and now we know exactly where we stand --- if we're not like Melania Trump, we may as well just kill ourselves, who would want us anyway?

For those people who voted for Trump, I hope you have no young women in your lives. Because you just severely limited their chances in life and (literally) put their pussies up for grabs.

Last edited by Leslie; Nov 12th 2016 at 12:03 pm.
Old Nov 12th 2016, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Remind me What does a first lady or first man actually do?

Do they get a salary?
Can they refuse to do some of the shit they are expected to do?
What would happen if they got divorced half way through his 4 yr term could he go out and get another 1st lady?
Why do they need a 1st lady/man? By virtue of being married to the President they automatically get the job isn't that a bit unfair. Perhaps they should advertise the job or hold a referendum to see who should get the job if one is required.
Has there ever been a single President and if not why not as isn't that discriminating against single people?
Are they allowed to use Air Force One or Marine One for a shopping trip under the guise of 1st lady/man duties?
Now with her own staff she won't have to make Donald a grilled cheese sandwich.
They have a role similar to the British Royal family, but cost a lot less.
Old Nov 12th 2016, 12:09 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by caretaker
There could possibly be some softening of Trump's stance on the LBGT community because of Melania's influence.
He just put Mike Pence in charge of his transition team. Melania Trump is in charge of nothing. I look for anti-LBGT sentiment as well as legislation to go through the roof.
Old Nov 12th 2016, 12:46 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
He just put Mike Pence in charge of his transition team. Melania Trump is in charge of nothing. I look for anti-LBGT sentiment as well as legislation to go through the roof.
You mean the nude girl-girl photo shoot was insincere? You can't trust anything these days. She's no Bouvier. Obviously all the cronies are flawed, or Trump wouldn't have been the nominee. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and Rush Limbaugh to step through the curtains.
Old Nov 12th 2016, 12:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely vacuous but probably innocuous.
Leave it to you to make me get out the dictionary
Old Nov 12th 2016, 1:22 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by caretaker
You mean the nude girl-girl photo shoot was insincere? You can't trust anything these days. She's no Bouvier. Obviously all the cronies are flawed, or Trump wouldn't have been the nominee. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and Rush Limbaugh to step through the curtains.
I'm sure hot slutty teenage lesbians will be okay in the Trump administration. Or straight women portraying hot slutty teenage lesbians for the exclusive purpose of the sexual stimulation of Messrs. Trump, Gingrich, Giuliani and Bannon. In that sense, he will be creating increased employment opportunities for young women. Cabinet positions for women? Not so much.

At this point Limbaugh wouldn't be remotely surprising. Trump already hired somebody much worse to run his campaign and is now floating that same somebody as his potential White House chief of staff.
Old Nov 12th 2016, 1:25 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Rete
Leave it to you to make me get out the dictionary

I wonder if women will still be allowed to use dictionaries in Trump's America?
Old Nov 12th 2016, 1:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Not the first though. Jackie Kennedy and Nancy Reagan come to mind
I guess you have forgotten the Nancy Reagan campaign on "Just say No". Her fight to keep off drugs was big not just in the US but it spread to the UK as well
Old Nov 12th 2016, 2:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Living in Texas we are constantly reminded of the Ladybird Johnson beautification project. Texas in the springtime with the beautiful wildflowers is amazing.

A lot of First Ladies have long term legacies.
Old Nov 12th 2016, 3:24 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
By all accounts she seems an intelligent person who can speak multiple languages ....
Yes, this is no small feat (even if learned as a child). My feeling is she has a brain but her modeling career and of course life with The Donald have taught her to keep it deeply concealed.

Her use of MIchelle Obama's words in her speech at the Convention was a curious (though chuckle-inducing) show of discernment, but whether those passages were cribbed by Melania herself or one of Trump's speech-writers is not clear. (All of Trump's toadies scrambled to disassociate themselves from that fiasco, & no one was named or fired....)
Old Nov 12th 2016, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Nancy Reagan innocuous? Whatever.
"Just say no", astrology.... Yeh, hardly innoculous.
Old Nov 12th 2016, 3:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

My feelings about this woman are mixed. I knew a young woman like this once. She was my sister's friend and set her sights on marrying a millionaire. She did achieve this. Someone 13 years older than herself at the local yacht club a lot of us frequented. I did because I liked to sail a bit and the only way was to crew.
My sister's friend was and is an intelligent person in her own right but she undoubtedly used her assets to do this and indeed succeeded. ( She wasn't into sailing ) I always felt she had sold herself short or taken a shortcut. Not just that though. That she had somehow silently sent a not so good message about the rest of us young women crewing around the place at that time. I lost the taste for being there in the end.

My thoughts on Melania are that she needs to shape up . Shape up good and shape up fast. Not sit , act & sound like a pudding .

IMO her 'cause' should be ensuring diversity, tolerance and understanding in the USA and championing the settling of immigrants to the country. Please note I have not written 'illegal immigrants' but she should certainly get up to speed on that fast & educate herself. She should get right on in there with Syrian refugees . Right on in there with the exploited. Simply right on in there.

She is an immigrant herself , regardless of how she achieved her legal status* , and English is not her first language. She was able to use her looks and body to further herself. Yup. I wrote that. I really don't think it was a meeting of the mind and soul. Not everyone is able to do as she has done but those people out there in the world with the verve to move and change their lives for hopefully a better life still deserve the same security and protection that her celebrity marriage has given her.

So. Her role should be an unofficial ambassador. As a foreign non-English speaking immigrant from a very culturally different country (and whose immigration status is under the microscope) with her focus to help those self same people.

That pair said they wanted change. Make a positive change.

Anything else is vacuous & in the case of internet bullying, double standards.

* To my knowledge BE never condones anything that whiffs of illegal immy actions, including non-disclosure and bending of immy rules.
One of the most well-reasoned posts I've read on BE
Old Nov 12th 2016, 4:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

OK -
Amen, sister!

I'm still disgusted.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.