Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

First Crying Fit Since Arriving

Wikiposts

First Crying Fit Since Arriving

Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:54 am
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute
Default First Crying Fit Since Arriving

I promised myself I wasn't going to be that person who moaned cos they couldn't get Heinz Baked Beans or Bacon or decent Bread.

I promised myself I wouldn't be homesick and look upon this experience as a 3 year holiday - yippeee!!!!.

6 weeks later....

I went to the bloody dentist yesterday. I thought I was being clever cos I went before I left the UK and had a full check up. I needed a root canal cos I was in pain but he also gave me another small filling and a full scale and polish for the princely sum of 175GBP (apologies I have lost my pound sign and cant find it anywhere )

But another tooth is giving me bother so I bit the bullet and went. $1750 (and that's with insurance) later I apparently need a root canal, 4 fillings a deep clean and polish. I wouldn't have paid that much in the UK even though I wasn't with an NHS dentist. :curse: To make matters worse DH says they are all crooks and says I have to get a second opinion - well that's bound to cost more bloody money.

Well I took a hairy fit, stropped around all night demanding to go home - away from all these numpties and eejits with their stupid insurance and driving on the wrong side of the road and bloody driving tests and SSN offices and no decent BLOODY BREAD!!!!!
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:59 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Crying Fit Since Arriving

You didn't mention the humidity.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:59 am
Banned

Kali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
I promised myself I wasn't going to be that person who moaned cos they couldn't get Heinz Baked Beans or Bacon or decent Bread.

I promised myself I wouldn't be homesick and look upon this experience as a 3 year holiday - yippeee!!!!.

6 weeks later....

I went to the bloody dentist yesterday. I thought I was being clever cos I went before I left the UK and had a full check up. I needed a root canal cos I was in pain but he also gave me another small filling and a full scale and polish for the princely sum of 175GBP (apologies I have lost my pound sign and cant find it anywhere )

But another tooth is giving me bother so I bit the bullet and went. $1750 (and that's with insurance) later I apparently need a root canal, 4 fillings a deep clean and polish. I wouldn't have paid that much in the UK even though I wasn't with an NHS dentist. :curse: To make matters worse DH says they are all crooks and says I have to get a second opinion - well that's bound to cost more bloody money.

Well I took a hairy fit, stropped around all night demanding to go home - away from all these numpties and eejits with their stupid insurance and driving on the wrong side of the road and bloody driving tests and SSN offices and no decent BLOODY BREAD!!!!!
But come on Texjas must have many,many other good things to offer like.......

ok I feel your pain.

Last edited by Kali-forniarrr; Jul 11th 2008 at 11:13 am.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 11:06 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

you are quite able to tell the dentist to fix ONLY the tooth giving you problems and leave the rest. You know they are ok to UK standards so you dont have to fall for all the guff they give you. I would also ask around your neighbours and colleagues for recomendations. Then just book an appointment with the best sounding one.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 11:07 am
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz

6 weeks later....

I feel your pain...I was at the dentist yesterday and his recommendation was that I have all, ALL, my teeth taken out and dentures put in due to severe periodontal disease...I shudder to think how much this is going to cost.

Your post made me smile though...you obviously have a great sense of humour and you haven't lost it yet.......don't.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 11:09 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SagenOnion
and his recommendation was that I have all, ALL, my teeth taken out and dentures put in due to severe periodontal disease...I shudder to think how much this is going to cost.
Well if it's that bad, surely they'll fall out on their own? Then it's just the cost of getting the dentures.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 11:11 am
Banned

Kali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Well if it's that bad, surely they'll fall out on their own? Then it's just the cost of getting the dentures.
this has the winning quality of a viz top tip.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 11:13 am
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

That will happen but I guarantee you the first ones to fall out will be the front ones....ain't gonna be the ones at the back and I don't fancy walking around looking like some sort of appalachian genetic experiment.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 11:19 am
Septicity

That will happen but I guarantee you the first ones to fall out will be the front ones....ain't gonna be the ones at the back and I don't fancy walking around looking like some sort of appalachian genetic experiment.
Using the Viz encouragement, maybe a bulldog clip with weights attached to your top lip at night would cause the lip to stretch enough to cover it all up until those pesky molars succumbed to the inevitable?
Old Jul 11th 2008, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

If you can afford it, I would highly recommend dental implants. I have one, and it is SO worth it - I can't tell it from my own tooth really.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 11:23 am
Dis-Member

Using the Viz encouragement, maybe a bulldog clip with weights attached to your top lip at night would cause the lip to stretch enough to cover it all up until those pesky molars succumbed to the inevitable?
Now I wish I had taken the OP up on the baked beans and bloody bread bit.

Feeling somewhat queezy now thank you.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 11:24 am
Dis-Member

Originally Posted by Tracym
If you can afford it, I would highly recommend dental implants. I have one, and it is SO worth it - I can't tell it from my own tooth really.
You probably have some bone left in your jaw to put the implant in.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 11:27 am
Dis-Member

Any chance that we can get this thread back on track and out of my mouth?

The OP is sad....wants some decent bread and beans and a 3 year holiday....ah crap...don't we all
Old Jul 11th 2008, 11:28 am
Banned

Just purchase a Harley Davidson: You'll be perceived as patriotic, look idiotic plus will stand to loose even your molars from the vibrations.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

runningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nice

ooh the ever so commen dentist scandel !!

As MsElui has mentioned just tell them to only do the tooth that is giving you jip! - They will preceed to give you all the oohs and ums and make you feel like you have the most diseased mouth in the world but its all about the money to them

I actually went to the dentist for cosmetic reasons for my wedding - i had a badly coloured crown from an NHS dentist and wanted it replaced - I told them i only had a certain amount of money and basically haggled with them

on going back to the hygenist 4 months later i got the whole speech again and i told them i just wanted them cleaned - she kept going on about having my wisdom teeth removed ??? for more room - WHAT !! why do i need more room at the back of my mouth - anyway i then got bombarded with - oh the doctor wants to see you but we just need to do xrays - AGAIN ?? - here i told them i might be pregnant so NO - they have never called to reschedule since

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.