Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Finding a quiet place

Finding a quiet place

Old Jun 15th 2006, 1:07 pm
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finding a quiet place

Originally Posted by BrandonBrit
Where's that? Coyote Lakes golf course? My quiet place is the back garden by the pool... we have a really nice quiet neighbourhood...just the odd noise of a dog barking or the kids chatting as they walk from the park...it's especially quiet during the day, cos everyone is at work right now, except me
How about the 8th floor of the Phoenix airport parking garage
Old Jun 15th 2006, 1:54 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
How come you have a square loo ? ................. Do you have a square botty ?
It certainly looks square after I've spent a few minutes on there!
Old Jun 15th 2006, 2:36 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jan_michigan
Our new 5 acres ... peace quiet, birds and the odd deer around but thats it.
Looks lovely Jan, are you building soon?
Old Jun 15th 2006, 4:32 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Vermont is like a morgue. Everyone goes to Florida to die. They've already snuffed it here
Old Jun 15th 2006, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

firtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nice

I dunno...I've lived in Madrid too...noisy in the city centre, but out in Tres Cantos, not too bad. Then I moved to Javea you would think that would be quiet, but NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Between the nasty little scooters with crap mufflers and a lot of construction and assosciated vehicles, equipment etc, Javea is pretty noisy.

In Florida I live in Paisley, a small community right next to the Ocala National Forest, which is generally quiet. However, I have some neighbours who don't understand the concept of "talking" with one another, they prefer the shouting mode of conversation, even if the intended ears are only two or three feet away. At times like that I jump in the Jeep and go out into the woods....really relaxing to just hear the sounds of the wild.

I have to agree about the vehicles with the thumpity-thump sounds...the afore mentioned neighbours have this too. I take solace in the knowledge that they will be deaf soon and I will still have what is left of my hearing after my wild rock and roll days

Firtreesix
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:31 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BrandonBrit
Where's that? Coyote Lakes golf course? My quiet place is the back garden by the pool... we have a really nice quiet neighbourhood...just the odd noise of a dog barking or the kids chatting as they walk from the park...it's especially quiet during the day, cos everyone is at work right now, except me

You're bloody good you are! . It is a view from Miss Den's old house across the golf course, spot on, give that girl a gold star!
Old Jun 15th 2006, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pigtails
When you have kids, there's only one quiet place in the house.....
Do you put your head in the bowl too?
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pigtails
Looks lovely Jan, are you building soon?
Probably not until October or so, its been logged but needs some cleaning up, the more we can do for ourselves the less we'll have to pay the excavators etc.