Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Finally. New Mower purchased!

Finally. New Mower purchased!

Old Jul 17th 2020, 7:35 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally. New Mower purchased!

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
I was going to contact you when we started talking about possibly heading your way! If we ever start travelling around again we might still take a PA roadtrip.
It is a beautiful state and if you like trees we have plenty. Would be more than happy to answer questions if/when you have have them. Would recommend May and October for beautiful scenery with the aforementioned trees
Old Jul 17th 2020, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to contact you when we started talking about possibly heading your way! If we ever start travelling around again we might still take a PA roadtrip.
Stop and visit us here in Tennessee on your way.
Old Jul 18th 2020, 1:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ddsrph
Stop and visit us here in Tennessee on your way.
Will do!
Old Jul 21st 2020, 12:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

........He said yes! So before he could change his mind I ordered a 50inch Club Cadet Ultima ZT 1. It will be delivered on Monday. It will be an early 67th birthday .
Finally stress free mowing. About time too.

( I couldn't post on the original thread as it is locked but thanks to all you guys that gave input and opinions)
And it didn't show up!!

I had a message this morning to say it would be delivered between 8am and 2pm. I called just before 5pm to see if it was still on it's way to be told " oh no, we can't deliver to you today you live too far out."
So why send a message to say you were? Why tell me when I ordered it that it would be delivered on the 20th?

Watch this space. Will it arrive tomorrow? Can they drive this "far out"?
The mower saga continues!
Old Jul 21st 2020, 2:40 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

And it didn't show up!!

I had a message this morning to say it would be delivered between 8am and 2pm. I called just before 5pm to see if it was still on it's way to be told " oh no, we can't deliver to you today you live too far out."
So why send a message to say you were? Why tell me when I ordered it that it would be delivered on the 20th?

Watch this space. Will it arrive tomorrow? Can they drive this "far out"?
The mower saga continues!
Now i have this image of M riding the mower back along the highway as you are "too far out"
Old Jul 21st 2020, 6:03 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lizzyq
Now i have this image of M riding the mower back along the highway as you are "too far out"
We had the same thoughts. Even worse we have had a nice little tropical rainstorm over us since last night and some of the small roads are flooding.

But it has now finally arrived and the driver was great . He backed down our shell road so no riding on the highway for M!

Old Jul 21st 2020, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Good looking mower. It will reduce time to cut yard by 1/2 or more. I was serious about you and hubby stopping by on your next road trip out Tennessee way.
Jim
Old Jul 21st 2020, 7:46 pm
Account Closed

Good looking mower. It will reduce time to cut yard by 1/2 or more. I was serious about you and hubby stopping by on your next road trip out Tennessee way.
Jim
As soon as we gain some kind of normalcy we will hit the road again. I'll let you know!
Old Jul 27th 2020, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

I just bought a new mower myself. My Hustler is doing fine and only 4 years old but I wanted to spend some money and was looking at Kubota and Gravely. I went with Gravely ZT-HD 48. We have a dealer close by and I have always been partial to Gravely. In business over 100 years and very popular with commercial users. Now I have to teach my wife to transition from the Hustler to the Gravely and my grass cutting problems are over.
Did your husband let you use the new mower yet.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 6:34 pm
Account Closed

I just bought a new mower myself. My Hustler is doing fine and only 4 years old but I wanted to spend some money and was looking at Kubota and Gravely. I went with Gravely ZT-HD 48. We have a dealer close by and I have always been partial to Gravely. In business over 100 years and very popular with commercial users. Now I have to teach my wife to transition from the Hustler to the Gravely and my grass cutting problems are over.
Did your husband let you use the new mower yet.
Ha! No one has cut any grass yet. We were hit by the rain from hurricane Hanna. We are now a massive swamp!
Old Jul 27th 2020, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ha! No one has cut any grass yet. We were hit by the rain from hurricane Hanna. We are now a massive swamp!
I saw in news. Hopefully you won’t have the problem of a couple years ago. We could use some rain here. We tend to have hot dry spells every July/Aug.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 9:25 pm
Account Closed

I saw in news. Hopefully you won’t have the problem of a couple years ago. We could use some rain here. We tend to have hot dry spells every July/Aug.
Hopefully in a few days it will all dry out and we can then play with our new toy.
We just hope this isn't the first of many storms this year. It really is early for one to be an actual hurricane.
Old Aug 25th 2020, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sugarmomma
How is the new mower working out? Has your husband let you use it yet? My wife took to our new Gravely quickly and still continues to cut our grass. Anyone in market for new mower check out the Ariens at Lowes. They bought Gravely many years ago and Gravely builds their higher end mowers. The Ariens I just saw at Lowe’s is very very similar to the Gravely I just bought and I think differs only in a slightly less robust transmission. Still more than enough for homeowner.

Old Aug 25th 2020, 4:56 pm
Account Closed

Sugarmomma
How is the new mower working out? Has your husband let you use it yet? My wife took to our new Gravely quickly and still continues to cut our grass. Anyone in market for new mower check out the Ariens at Lowes. They bought Gravely many years ago and Gravely builds their higher end mowers. The Ariens I just saw at Lowe’s is very very similar to the Gravely I just bought and I think differs only in a slightly less robust transmission. Still more than enough for homeowner.
Looks great! She is doing a great job.

I mowed at the weekend while he weed eated. It certainly is a lot easier and quicker than the old John Deere

And now, yet again we are preparing for a storm that is creeping closer to us than expected. So today we are making sure culverts and ditches are all clear and everything is put up or tied down.
Old Aug 25th 2020, 6:21 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

hi Sugarmooma, listening to our esteemed Govnor announcing manadatory evacuations in your neck of the woods. Hope you're OK and if you need a place to stay then give me a shout.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.