Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Finally. New Mower purchased!

Finally. New Mower purchased!

Old Jul 17th 2020, 2:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Finally. New Mower purchased!

I started a thread in July 2018 about my hard headed husband spending half of mowing season under our John Deere mower. He was about to turn 65 and his birthday present was going to be a Zero turn mower. Didn't happen. After all our research and input from friends and you guys here he decided he could keep the JD beast running for another year.

Forward to March 2019. I posted again on the same thread. I was tired of seeing him pushing the clapped out mower from one end of our acerage back to the garage because the temperamental piece of junk had quit yet again. More input from you guys. More nagging from me and daughter to give up on it and let us buy a new mower. All set to buy one for his 66th birthday/ retirement. Yet again he vetoed the idea. He was home now he said so he had more time to fix it.

July 2020 and the John Deere is still just limping along. Still temperamental, leaks oil, stalls out and dies. So he has a birthday coming up in the beginning of August and I jokingly said as I have said for the last two years " let me buy you a mower" He said yes! So before he could change his mind I ordered a 50inch Club Cadet Ultima ZT 1. It will be delivered on Monday. It will be an early 67th birthday .
Finally stress free mowing. About time too.

( I couldn't post on the original thread as it is locked but thanks to all you guys that gave input and opinions)
Old Jul 17th 2020, 3:20 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally. New Mower purchased!

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
I started a thread in July 2018 about my hard headed husband spending half of mowing season under our John Deere mower. He was about to turn 65 and his birthday present was going to be a Zero turn mower. Didn't happen. After all our research and input from friends and you guys here he decided he could keep the JD beast running for another year.

Forward to March 2019. I posted again on the same thread. I was tired of seeing him pushing the clapped out mower from one end of our acerage back to the garage because the temperamental piece of junk had quit yet again. More input from you guys. More nagging from me and daughter to give up on it and let us buy a new mower. All set to buy one for his 66th birthday/ retirement. Yet again he vetoed the idea. He was home now he said so he had more time to fix it.

July 2020 and the John Deere is still just limping along. Still temperamental, leaks oil, stalls out and dies. So he has a birthday coming up in the beginning of August and I jokingly said as I have said for the last two years " let me buy you a mower" He said yes! So before he could change his mind I ordered a 50inch Club Cadet Ultima ZT 1. It will be delivered on Monday. It will be an early 67th birthday .
Finally stress free mowing. About time too.

( I couldn't post on the original thread as it is locked but thanks to all you guys that gave input and opinions)
Personally I think you should have just added blades to the back or underneath of the trike but what do I know.
Old Jul 17th 2020, 3:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Personally I think you should have just added blades to the back or underneath of the trike but what do I know.
You know what, you could be on to something! Why didn't I think of that?

We have had 3 people interested in buying the Trike after we put it on Auto Trader. First one was obviously a con wanting to send someone to pick it up immediately and no he didn't want to test drive or even look at it. He could see by the pictures that it was just what he wanted.He was going to put the money in our bank if I could just give him our bank details...The next one kept asking questions and then said they thought it was a Harley and really they only buy Harleys??! The third one said it was a bit too red!

At this rate we will keep it but not turn it into a mower, yet!
Old Jul 17th 2020, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Zero Turn 50" Cub Cadet, which I bought as a refurb a few years ago and I love it! Just be extra careful if there are any slopes, otherwise it's hard to beat.

I literally halved my mowing time over the previous 42" Poulan Pro tractor mower.
Old Jul 17th 2020, 11:20 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Happy mowing to DH!
Old Jul 17th 2020, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

You will love the zero turn over the tractor type. Just get in a large uncluttered area to practice learning to drive it.
Old Jul 17th 2020, 1:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ddsrph
You will love the zero turn over the tractor type. Just get in a large uncluttered area to practice learning to drive it.
I will probably have to wait a few weeks before I get to try it out! M should have no problems as he has used them before at work before he retired.

When I eventually do get my turn I'll post a picture. It's only taken us 2 years to get to this point
Old Jul 17th 2020, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

I will probably have to wait a few weeks before I get to try it out! M should have no problems as he has used them before at work before he retired.

When I eventually do get my turn I'll post a picture. It's only taken us 2 years to get to this point
So does buying a lawn mower mean you are staying in Texas for retirement?
Old Jul 17th 2020, 2:41 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Seems like a good idea to me, though not an entirely original one.

Old Jul 17th 2020, 2:57 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ddsrph
So does buying a lawn mower mean you are staying in Texas for retirement?
At least another year. It is greatly debated most days. Our daughter was going to move to Pennsylvania and we considered following them but our reccy in March was canceled due to the virus and then the job she had applied for no longer exists! So we may go somewhere that the tractor is still needed. Or not!

Old Jul 17th 2020, 3:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Seems like a good idea to me, though not an entirely original one.

Turning this into a mower could be quite interesting. I guess we could start a mowing business and take it in turns to be the lazy back seat rider!
Old Jul 17th 2020, 3:08 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

..... Turning this into a mower could be quite interesting. I guess we could start a mowing business and take it in turns to be the lazy back seat rider!
That motor would probably power a 72" deck.
Old Jul 17th 2020, 3:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pulaski
That motor would probably power a 72" deck.

It's a 2300cc engine. It would cut a lot lawns with a big deck fixed to it.

Old Jul 17th 2020, 6:00 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

At least another year. It is greatly debated most days. Our daughter was going to move to Pennsylvania and we considered following them but our reccy in March was canceled due to the virus and then the job she had applied for no longer exists! So we may go somewhere that the tractor is still needed. Or not!
If her job move does ever get resurrected you would get plenty of use out of your mower in our PA summer months
Old Jul 17th 2020, 7:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lizzyq
If her job move does ever get resurrected you would get plenty of use out of your mower in our PA summer months
I was going to contact you when we started talking about possibly heading your way! If we ever start travelling around again we might still take a PA roadtrip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.