Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Finally Getting Around To It.

Finally Getting Around To It.

Old Oct 6th 2014, 1:10 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally Getting Around To It.

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
This thread made me think about something my granddad brought back from one of their summer coach holidays to Llandudno, or maybe Bournemouth when I was a kid......
That's hilarious.

I've had thoughts of the same unfunny gag item buzzing around in my brain since I first saw this thread a few days ago. It has been fighting for brain space with Selena Gomez's song "Naturally". )
Old Oct 6th 2014, 3:14 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

This thread made me think about something my granddad brought back from one of their summer coach holidays to Llandudno, or maybe Bournemouth when I was a kid......

Attachment 119275
I'd never have heard of the Tashkent University of Information Technologies, were it not for Google.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 11:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hotscot
The IRS now owns you, and you can't escape wherever you go
+1

Enjoy filling 2 income tax forms every year, possibly being dual-taxed, and having banks abroad not want you as a customer because then the NSA will want to be looking into them... if/when you decide to move back to the UK or elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
Congratulations, I hope you enjoy jury duty
Oooh that too. Being forced to take time off work (in the US/Canada your employer usually counts jury duty against your vacation time, thereby screwing you over even MORE) thus not being paid (employers usually don't pay either whilst you're away)......

All banter aside, congrats
Old Oct 6th 2014, 11:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I've always wanted to do jury duty, but I wasn't called in the UK, and I've never been called here either in the seven years I've been a citizen. Mrs P has been called four times, three times since we got married!
Murphy's law
Those of us that grumble on about it will inevitably be called, and those of us who actually want to do it, won't.
Old Oct 7th 2014, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit In TN
I've watched lots of telly - sorry - TV. (Acclimatizing.)
I'll make a truly excellent juror.

A. Observe race of accused.
B. Nap through following trial.
C. Write down guilty/not guilty dependent upon A.
D. Go home.

Yes, truly excellent juror.
You forgot about updating your Facebook status throughout the trial and providing a realtime Twitter feed during the jury deliberations ...
Old Oct 7th 2014, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by md95065
You forgot about updating your Facebook status throughout the trial and providing a realtime Twitter feed during the jury deliberations ...
+1
Old Oct 7th 2014, 12:55 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
That's hilarious.

I've had thoughts of the same unfunny gag item buzzing around in my brain since I first saw this thread a few days ago. It has been fighting for brain space with Selena Gomez's song "Naturally". )
It was right up there with the year they went to Scotland and we all got these.....
Finally Getting Around To It.-nessie.jpg.
They hadn't even been to Loch Ness.....
Old Oct 7th 2014, 1:14 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

It was right up there with the year they went to Scotland and we all got these. ..... They hadn't even been to Loch Ness. .....
It must have been "the American tour" that they took.
Old Oct 17th 2014, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Brit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond repute

Rejected!
I haven't been rejected since... ah.. actually not that long if I include wifely 'you can stop that right now' rejections.

Apparently I dilly-dallied too long and they updated the N-400 form whilst I was scraping together pictures, money etc.
So I have to re-apply using the latest and greatest version of the N-400. With girded loins I try once more. (Might try that with the missus too.)