Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Favourite American foods

Favourite American foods

Old Jun 3rd 2011, 2:40 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite American foods

Originally Posted by tonrob
Isn't that what love feels like...?
You are one sick puppy. I love you.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 9:15 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anne55
My DH is from WV and his sister has made me a dish consisting of a variety of beans and ham in the crock pot left to cook all day, homemade corn bread and wait for it: wilted lettuce
made from
•3 to 4 green onions, and Romain lettuce chopped
•salt and pepper
•Dressing Ingredients:
•2 tablespoons melted bacon drippings
•2 tablespoons vinegar
•1 tablespoon sugar
Heat and pour over the shredded lettuce.
Seriously good stuff that wilted lettuce, I tried to get out of eating it but really enjoyed it once I took the leap. Good country food! Sure is not good for the weight though.
First time I had that was on PA/WV border, love the dressing!
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

velkyal is an unknown quantity at this point

I was thinking about saying some kind of baked beans my wife makes, with ground pork, cheese and all manner of good stuff, but if I leave the States then I intend to take her with me, so I wouldn't really have to miss it!