Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Favourite American foods

Favourite American foods

Old May 20th 2011, 1:31 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite American foods

Of course, I got nothin to add here, but I do remember Silly Sod mentioning (in one of his infrequent posts since he moved back) that he missed Taco Bell and Mountain Dew of all things.
Old May 20th 2011, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

I'd miss the high fructose corn syrup in everything....
Old May 20th 2011, 1:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishman43
I'd miss the high fructose corn syrup in everything....
Forgot about that.
Old May 20th 2011, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

Deeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud of

When in the UK I missed Dairy Queen. There were no ice cream parlours anywhere near us.
Old May 20th 2011, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Mountain Dew
You can get that in the UK these days (wife likes the stuff). Used to be ethnic shops only but I'm pretty sure I saw it in one of the big supermarket chains recently.
Old May 20th 2011, 11:04 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Seafood. Mainly sushi and shrimp, coconut shrimp especially.
Enormous slabs of cheesecake.
Enormous slabs of steak and great steakhouses (that are affordable.)
BBQ. Enough said.
The tradition of going out to a diner for breakfast, and diners in general
Multigrain pancake mix with good maple syrup
Ranch and blue cheese dressing.
Ezekiel sprouted grain bread, because I really shouldn't be eating normal bread.

The ball and chain would miss microbrews and chicken wings but having said that I can barely get his american arse out of the pub every time we visit England, he just sits in there expounding the greatness of our limey beer. So I'm sure he wouldn't miss them that much.
Old May 20th 2011, 11:44 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeoffM
You can get that in the UK these days (wife likes the stuff). Used to be ethnic shops only but I'm pretty sure I saw it in one of the big supermarket chains recently.
Never really thought about Mountain Dew being ethnic. I guess it does play a pretty big part in the PWT culture of the southeast. Especially in child nutrition.

EDIT: I wonder if the version avilable in the UK is the wierd throwback version with "real" sugar or the HFCS that we all know and love?

Last edited by another bloody yank; May 20th 2011 at 11:46 am.
Old May 20th 2011, 12:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

The throw back stuff is awesome, but the regular just tastes a bit slimey....do love the old throw back flavours, wish they'd keep them permanently

Oh and more junk food -

http://www.snydersofhanover.com/Prod...id/3/Prid/254/ And also the Hot Buffalo Wing flavour....oh so awesome!

Last edited by Bob; May 20th 2011 at 12:13 pm.
Old May 20th 2011, 12:15 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Never really thought about Mountain Dew being ethnic. I guess it does play a pretty big part in the PWT culture of the southeast. Especially in child nutrition.

EDIT: I wonder if the version avilable in the UK is the wierd throwback version with "real" sugar or the HFCS that we all know and love?
its the good ol throwback stuff with real sugar..
Old May 20th 2011, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Not ethnic as such, just that some of the Chinese/Indian shops stock more than just Chinese/Indian, eg Korean, Russian etc. Wifey used to get it from a Filipino shop; Philippines is highly Americanized; they probably concoct their own under license;; then imported to the UK. But if it's available elsewhere now then I guess it's redundant. I might see whether it's the HFCS or sugar ones.

PWT?
Old May 20th 2011, 3:14 pm
Unmitigated Gall

PWT?

Old May 20th 2011, 3:15 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Ah - PTW = Pissed-up White Trash??
Old May 20th 2011, 5:28 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Ah - PTW = Pissed-up White Trash??
Poor White Trash

Who, by the way, are often pissed-up.
Old May 20th 2011, 5:36 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Not ethnic as such, just that some of the Chinese/Indian shops stock more than just Chinese/Indian, eg Korean, Russian etc. Wifey used to get it from a Filipino shop; Philippines is highly Americanized; they probably concoct their own under license;; then imported to the UK. But if it's available elsewhere now then I guess it's redundant. I might see whether it's the HFCS or sugar ones.

PWT?
Which is funny because the Asian shops here all carry British stuff.
Old May 20th 2011, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Leslie
Which is funny because the Asian shops here all carry British stuff.
LOL, makes sense though. Useful to know too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.