Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Farrah Fawcett, get your tissues out!

Farrah Fawcett, get your tissues out!

Old Jun 28th 2009, 8:14 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Farrah Fawcett, get your tissues out!

Originally Posted by Rete
For What?
The late Billy Mays
Old Jun 28th 2009, 10:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
The late Billy Mays

Bumped his head, went to bed and couldn't get up in the morning????
Old Jun 28th 2009, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

Islandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
Islandgurl is merely pointing out the hypocrisy ... that it's apparently okay to make fun of one person's death but not anothers. When the body's not yet cold I find it in poor taste period.
Thank you Kaffy Mintcake - yes, that is what I was pointing out...

I'm glad that some people coming out to speak on behalf of MJ in the media are not putting up with the negative aspect of reporting either...a couple of people have walked off mid-interview to show their distaste...I am sure it will be a circus in the next few days, while everyone tries to cash in on with their 'tid-bits' on micheal. At the end of the day, there are 3 orphans - a biological mother who is a stranger - those are the ones I feel sorry for..
Old Jun 28th 2009, 11:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Islandgurl is merely pointing out the hypocrisy ... that it's apparently okay to make fun of one person's death but not anothers. When the body's not yet cold I find it in poor taste period.
Initially she was not pointing out the hipocracy at all...she made fun of FF's death and was called on it. It was then she started moaning about MJ.

FWIW I don't think anyone's death is something to make jokes about.

I don't think you can begin the compare the talents of MJ to someone who really was just a pretty face with a great body. Just as IMO you can't compare a slow, agonising death due to cancer...to a swift, painless and probably self inflicted death due to prescription meds abuse.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 29th 2009 at 12:15 am. Reason: To insert last paragraph
Old Jun 29th 2009, 3:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I don't think you can begin the compare the talents of MJ to someone who really was just a pretty face with a great body. Just as IMO you can't compare a slow, agonising death due to cancer...to a swift, painless and probably self inflicted death due to prescription meds abuse.
Let's not pass judgment on those who have passed.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

Islandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really nice

Let's not pass judgment on those who have passed.
True..however, many choose to judge based on their own projections regardless of what facts are out there...and what is actually posted, and what is actually selected to read into it...

the majority of anal cancer cases are linked to HPV virus, linked or not to her specific case, and while this does not Farrah had a history of sexual promiscuity; she might have been exposed to the virus at some point, however perhaps to protect her privacy this aspect is rarely brought up, even though I think it has some value in educating the public. On the other hand, my so called "moaning" about MJ or simply pointing out double standards, even with prescription meds abuse being a major cause of death in the US, is treated in a much different viewpoint. Given the statistics, I don't see it as a laughing matter, as its happening in someone's family right now,famous or not, whether we choose to see it or not.

Last edited by Islandgurl; Jun 29th 2009 at 6:08 am.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

BigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really nice

Its been a few days, but to be honest, I probably still would
Old Jul 1st 2009, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

melody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nice

Redmond is in jail for heroin possession. He was allowed to visit his mum at the end of April...this was televised and shown on the recent TV program about Farrah. He was still in chains...Ryan asked him to try to avoid rattling the chains so as not to upset Farrah. He hasn't seen his mum since and wasn't there when she died.
in the news last night, they reported that Red was permitted a 3 hour pass to attend the funeral. He was able to attend in plain clothes and uncuffed; in addition there was a guard with him at all times. Ryan was to pay for the guard.

it was nice of him to be able to attend; but, how many noncelebs would be able to do the same thing?
Old Jul 1st 2009, 2:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melody32
in the news last night, they reported that Red was permitted a 3 hour pass to attend the funeral. He was able to attend in plain clothes and uncuffed; in addition there was a guard with him at all times. Ryan was to pay for the guard.

it was nice of him to be able to attend; but, how many noncelebs would be able to do the same thing?
Redmond said a reading for him mum...a Psalm I think.

I thought it was normal if it was the funeral of a parent/child/spouse. I remember one of the Krays attending a funeral whilst he was in prison....although I suppose that was the UK.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 2:25 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melody32

Redmond said a reading for him mum...a Psalm I think.

I thought it was normal if it was the funeral of a parent/child/spouse. I remember one of the Krays attending a funeral whilst he was in prison....although I suppose that was the UK.

It's a special circumstance request that any prisoner can submit and it is granted at the prison officials discretion based on the nature of the original crime and the prisoners subsequent behavior while incarcerated. He's a non-violent offender (and probably a model prisoner) and with the family absorbing the expenses it isn't surprising he was permitted to attend her funeral. It's not that common but certainly not unheard of even with non celebrities.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 2:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Leslie66
It's a special circumstance request that any prisoner can submit and it is granted at the prison officials discretion based on the nature of the original crime and the prisoners subsequent behavior while incarcerated. He's a non-violent offender (and probably a model prisoner) and with the family absorbing the expenses it isn't surprising he was permitted to attend her funeral. It's not that common but certainly not unheard of even with non celebrities.
Thank you for clearing it up.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 2:29 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just glad I was here.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 2:33 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was a bit sad that she was nothing more then a mention on the news channel it was all MJ and then on ET, about 10-15mins into the show it was about the funeral, she seems to have been brushed compleatly to the side, shame really....or maybe Ryan and the family found it a blessing that there was less fuss made!
Old Jul 1st 2009, 2:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I thought it was a bit sad that she was nothing more then a mention on the news channel it was all MJ and then on ET, about 10-15mins into the show it was about the funeral, she seems to have been brushed compleatly to the side, shame really....or maybe Ryan and the family found it a blessing that there was less fuss made!
If was a shame but not surprising. She was a pretty face with a great body...also famous for her love life with Lee Majors...who was extremely popular at the time...and of course Ryan O'Neal.

In contrast MJ was an extremely talented musician and dancer IMO...who during the last 20 years led a very controversial life. He will be remembered long after FF been forgotten.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 2:41 pm
WTF?

She had seriously bad timing. The fact that she died the same day as Jacko will probably make her death more memorable in the long run though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.