Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Coming To My Back Yard !

Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Coming To My Back Yard !

Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:17 am
UNFORGIVABLE

YoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Coming To My Back Yard !

Its been the talk of the city the past week.The house is only 2 blocks up from where i live so i was very exited at first that something this big was coming to my neck of the woods.

In the paper they said the lady that they are building it for is 70 something years old and runs a boys club that i have never heard of. It isn't any bigger than mine and they chose a terrible street to build it in. Someone attempted to mug me and my mate there last summer about 60 yards from the building site. I wont be surprised if it isn't broken into within a year. I was happy until i learned the detail of it. I mean how many Extreme Makeover Home Edition shows have you heard of where its only been 1 person ?? There are plenty of other young family's that could of used a new house in Erie and they chose a 70 something year old lady ?!? I just don't get it, its a waste IMHO.

I mean I'm not trying to be negative or anything, i don't mean to "hate" But shit the could of found some better people to help.

What do you lot think ??
Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:28 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Coming To My Back Yard !

Originally Posted by YoungSteve17

What do you lot think ??
That you don't have enough information to form a conclusion.
I'll check back after the episode airs. Wave to the camera for us?
Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:32 am
UNFORGIVABLE

YoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by meauxna
That you don't have enough information to form a conclusion.
I'll check back after the episode airs. Wave to the camera for us?
I was planning on it and waving my ITFC shirt but turns out that you have to pay $10 just to stand in the crowd and scream !
Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

I was planning on it and waving my ITFC shirt but turns out that you have to pay $10 just to stand in the crowd and scream !
I assume you won't be shelling out for the screaming
Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:41 am
UNFORGIVABLE

Originally Posted by Norri
I assume you won't be shelling out for the screaming
Send me 10 quid ?
Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:47 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

lol, well that answers one of the fundraising questions I've always had about that show...
Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

Send me 10 quid ?
Hey its $10 isn't it?
Can you guarantee to get to the front with your BE tee shirt?
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:00 am
UNFORGIVABLE

Originally Posted by Norri
Hey its $10 isn't it?
Can you guarantee to get to the front with your BE tee shirt?
No i cant, i don't even know if i am going up there or not. If i find out what day it is then ill see if i can an get up there early for the unveiling. Ill do my best.

You either pay for that or pay for a ticket to walk in the house once its completed i cant remember which. Ill post some pics late tonight of the place when i wake up. Most of the crowds should of been gone by then.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Its been the talk of the city the past week.The house is only 2 blocks up from where i live so i was very exited at first that something this big was coming to my neck of the woods.

In the paper they said the lady that they are building it for is 70 something years old and runs a boys club that i have never heard of. It isn't any bigger than mine and they chose a terrible street to build it in. Someone attempted to mug me and my mate there last summer about 60 yards from the building site. I wont be surprised if it isn't broken into within a year. I was happy until i learned the detail of it. I mean how many Extreme Makeover Home Edition shows have you heard of where its only been 1 person ?? There are plenty of other young family's that could of used a new house in Erie and they chose a 70 something year old lady ?!? I just don't get it, its a waste IMHO.

I mean I'm not trying to be negative or anything, i don't mean to "hate" But shit the could of found some better people to help.

What do you lot think ??

Are you ageist or something

Why does someone in their 70's not deserve a nice house then??
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:14 am

heh, don't know what her story is but I got curious enough to go to their website. The message board is full of fun!

Welcome To Erie Pa Extreme Home Makeover!
Wow what an amazing experience it was to witness today as tons of builders were putting Clara Ward's house up today! It was so touching to see how many people were out there helping and voulenteering their time to help out one person!! One incredibale person who truly deserves this of course. Maybe we can learn a thing or two from this experience...do well to others and good things will come to you. If EHMO comes to your town please make and effort to go see it, its amazing!!!!

It *would* be fascinating to watch. (for FREE)

Right below that one though..

Why so many Brits?
My wife and I enjoy this show, particularly the human aspect of it, and we really like the main host, Ty. But why are there so many Brits or similar type accents among the designers? We find them very annoying to watch. They don't fit into the middle-America motif at all. If the producers like them so much do a UK version and move them over there.

And the ever-hopeful...

Greetings from Mongolia
Hello guys

I am Zulaa, and live in Mongolia. Mongolia is very beatiful country. I live with my mother. We live in apartment. This apartment have 30 m2. My mum is very great. I want to happy for mum. Therefore. please help me. We like watching your tv show. It's very interesting and surprising.

I have a very happy if come in Mongolia

Sincerelity Zulaa
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:23 am
UNFORGIVABLE

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Are you ageist or something

Why does someone in their 70's not deserve a nice house then??
She will be dead in 20 or so years. I thought they would of built a house for a family with kids that needed it more although i did hear she runs some sort of club for kids on the bottom floor. Maybe that's the reason why they picked her
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:33 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe that's the reason why they picked her
Nah, it's because she can probably pay the taxes on what will be assessed as a consideration received.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:34 am
member of little note

made of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I would love to see what they do at close quarters, its one show we can't do in the UK! changing rooms anyone!
I rarely watch more than the first and last 10 minutes of the show cos my head hurts after the jumping images of walls coming down, and the interviews with Ty and the other presenters, with their, I admire this person, I wanted to cry, what a brave family, without actually saying anything of any substance! it is a gift to drivel on for 30 minutes like that! but I have always felt the family deserving, and okay they play it up for the TV, but why not?
What confused me was the premise of the question? as most the people on this program live in poor areas!, that is the point to make a better life for their families within their neighbourhood, (not much point in my neighbourhood!, a swimming pool, oh got!, games room got! you work for a bank that caused the sub-prime market! and it is actually your second home! oh! and your bonus isn't to be sniffed at either this yr!. I don't actually fall into any of those categories by the way) with the rare examples, like the Duggars! (anyone want to debate them instead of John and Kate?),
and why should the age of a person come into it? don't we all deserve a break, whatever age? what about diversity?
but I still think you should have sent the $10 to be in the crowd! my family would go nuts if they saw me on that show! they are addicted! my family are sad, as am I.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 2:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

She will be dead in 20 or so years. I thought they would of built a house for a family with kids that needed it more although i did hear she runs some sort of club for kids on the bottom floor. Maybe that's the reason why they picked her

You little punk...you are ageist

She may live until she is 110
Old Jun 30th 2009, 2:13 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
You little punk...you are ageist

She may live until she is 110
There was a great story out of France a few years ago, about that. This lawyer did some deal with a little old lady, where he gave her a bunch of money in exchange for her house when she died. She lived to an incredible age and he died of old age first.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.