Wikiposts

Expedited EAD

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

youngaussie is just really niceyoungaussie is just really niceyoungaussie is just really niceyoungaussie is just really niceyoungaussie is just really niceyoungaussie is just really niceyoungaussie is just really niceyoungaussie is just really nice
Question Expedited EAD

Has anyone had experience with the process for an expedited EAD?

I sent in my 130, 485 and 765 apps and they were received at Chicago lockbox on 6 Feb. On 15 Feb I got notices for all three apps with RD 6Feb08 and ND 11Feb08.

On 19Feb I called and asked USCIS to expedite my 765. They put in expedite request and set a target date of 24 Feb. 20Feb I got an email requesting fax from employer to verify employment - sent that same day. 21Feb I got email from USCIS saying "Your case has been approved and you will be receiving your work permit card in the mail shortly." That seemed nicely expedited to me.

However, the next day I got appointment notice for biometrics (with receipt numbers for 765 and 485), with appointment set for 29 Feb08.

Apparently it was an error that I got an email saying my work permit was approved, when I hadn't had my biometrics done yet. I understand that biometrics are forwarded immediately to the FBI and the FBI typically sends response to USCIS within 24-48 hours. I also understand that IBIS checks are done immediately. The FBI name check seems more uncertain (2 weeks - 6 months??). Is FBI name check standard for all apps, or not for 765s?

Do you know how long I can expect to wait until I get my EAD in hand? (specifically from people who have had expedited EAD) Some timelines I saw were a month from fingerprinting until order submitted for EAD card, then a week from order until card mailed.

Any specific, knowledgeable advise is greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 1:34 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expedited EAD

The biometrics also are used to manufacture your EAD card and the EAD is not contingent on the security check. There are more agencies then just the FBI and IBIS involved in security checks.

BTW I bet if you check the postmark on the envelope it is the same day as the e-mail saying your EAD was approved. Can't send you an EAD card without the biometrics to make it.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
The biometrics also are used to manufacture your EAD card and the EAD is not contingent on the security check. There are more agencies then just the FBI and IBIS involved in security checks.

BTW I bet if you check the postmark on the envelope it is the same day as the e-mail saying your EAD was approved. Can't send you an EAD card without the biometrics to make it.
I must have missed something - and a google of "expedited EAD" didn't do it for me.

Just wondering - under what circumstances can one ask for an EAD to be expedited? I didn't know that was possible.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 3:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
I must have missed something - and a google of "expedited EAD" didn't do it for me.

Just wondering - under what circumstances can one ask for an EAD to be expedited? I didn't know that was possible.
I'm with you Tracy. This is the first time I've seen an expedited EAD on the forum in the 5 years I've been here.

How did he get his employer to verify employment if he didn't have work authorization yet? Maybe he is on some other status which allows him to work already...?

Rene
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

youngaussie is just really niceyoungaussie is just really niceyoungaussie is just really niceyoungaussie is just really niceyoungaussie is just really niceyoungaussie is just really niceyoungaussie is just really niceyoungaussie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tracym

I talked to an immigration official at 800 number and they said that I could call in with employer (who has made job offer) once I had the NOA for 765, and ask for it to be expedited. There are criteria they use to determine if they will expedite it, but I'm not real clear on exactly what they are. I did find this:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...000ecd190aRCRD

Maybe expedited EADs are possible, or maybe it was a God thing for me

We'll see if the whole thing really is any faster, once I have my EAD in hand.

Last edited by youngaussie; Mar 2nd 2008 at 4:03 pm. Reason: removed html code
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I'm with you Tracy. This is the first time I've seen an expedited EAD on the forum in the 5 years I've been here.

How did he get his employer to verify employment if he didn't have work authorization yet? Maybe he is on some other status which allows him to work already...?

Rene
Wow...have I really come across something new... Cool! And I'm band new at all this...just in 2008.

My employer verified employment with a letter stating position and salary etc. I am here in status that allows me to work already (R-1), but not for the new employer. I submitted change of status to my R-1 (change of employer), but it looks like I might have the EAD (associated with AOS to perm. resid.) before the change of status is approved.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete

So...are you saying they print the photo they took of me at biometrics appointment on the EAD card? And the fingerprinting I had done and associated security checks through FBI, IBIS etc. will not hold up the production and issue of my EAD?

Is it fair to assume that since:
1. I got an email on 21 Feb saying that my work permit had been approved and would be in the mail shortly; and
2. I did my biometics on 29 Feb
...then I'll likely get my EAD this week?

Postmark on envelope? which envelope? do you mean postmark on envelope containing EAD? don't have it yet...and if biometrics are required for it, postmark will be after 29 Feb (when I had biometics done) and email saying EAD was approved was on 21 Feb.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:40 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Have moved post to appropriate forum. This is not a marriage-based visa issue.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 3:04 am
Just Joined

matiwa is an unknown quantity at this point

hi youngaussi,

i am in the same situation. i filed my renewal on 02/08; put in an expedite request on 02/09 over the phone; but only received a notice via email a month later on 03/03 to send in employer statement; my employer sent it in immediately; I had my fingerprint appt. on the same day 03/03- but I can't find out how long it will take now to get the card. I understand that I first have to receive the approval for my expedite request. on the phone they could just tell me that it would be faster than the normal wait times...which is not really helpful - do you have any new insights in the meantime ???

Tina
Old Mar 5th 2008, 4:08 am
Just Joined

Hi Tina

Thanks for your feedback. I don't have any further info. My online status hasn't been updated since 02/22 and still says case received and pending.

I understand my expedite request was approved...but I'm basing that on the email I got on 21 Feb saying "Your case has been approved and you will be receiving your work permit card in the mail shortly."

all the best
Old Mar 5th 2008, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: Expedited EAD

Today I received an email that production of my EAD card has been ordered. They say to allow 30 days to receive the card. Let's hope it is MUCH less than that.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by youngaussie
Today I received an email that production of my EAD card has been ordered. They say to allow 30 days to receive the card. Let's hope it is MUCH less than that.
This morning I got the email saying my EAD was approved and notice mailed out saying that today. (yeah, it's out of order...seems it should come before email saying card production was ordered).

Then, in the mail today, I got my EAD card. Praise God - He is good.

So...final timeline:
RD: 02-06-08
ND: 02-11
Received NOA: 02-15
Called to request expedite on 765: 02-19
EAD approval (as per email): 02-21
NOA with FP appointment: 02-22
FP: 02-29
card production order: 03-05
EAD approval (again -via email): 03-10
EAD IN HAND : 03-10

Last edited by youngaussie; Mar 10th 2008 at 8:16 am.