Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Ever thought of returning?

Ever thought of returning?

Old Jan 21st 2014, 11:35 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat027 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ever thought of returning?...(moved to the Trailer Park forum)

Originally Posted by SarahG
Not married to an American. No desire to move back to the UK. If I move anywhere it will be somewhere else in the US but I am happy where I am.
Ditto.

Plus SoCal weather is amazing
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 10:52 am
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ever thought of returning?

Originally Posted by zwigrfmtyor
HI,
Have any ex pats from the UK emigrated to the US ( Florida in particular) and wanted to come back home?
Ask me after we've actually made it across the pond to the US. We hope we are getting nearer to that point , but it has been a long haul so far.

Our aim is PA not FL - if it were FL I probably wouldn't have stuck the process out, though my (UK born & bred) sister-in-law wouldn't live anywhere other than FL these days and certainly has no plans to return to the UK.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

I was in Washington and made the occasional trip to PA. I liked it for the countryside which reminded me of home in Yorkshire, because we were living in an urban area.
We also had dinner with an Amish family.
Good luck with the move, Lizzyq.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 11:22 am
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jemima55
I was in Washington and made the occasional trip to PA. I liked it for the countryside which reminded me of home in Yorkshire, because we were living in an urban area.
We also had dinner with an Amish family.
Good luck with the move, Lizzyq.
Thank you Jemima. We like the fact that PA has "real" seasons, from our point of view, and although the extremes are more extreme, I think we'll be able to cope with them. The terrain around where we are heading looks great and I hope we will be able to make the most of it.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 1:04 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday I had my annual review. My new boss said a transfer was possible. Here we go again
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 1:39 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

Originally Posted by Speedwell
Yesterday I had my annual review. My new boss said a transfer was possible. Here we go again
Good luck, Speedwell - hope you get what you want out of it