Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Events and happens of the little ones and youngsters.

Events and happens of the little ones and youngsters.

Old Jun 2nd 2015, 11:15 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Events and happens of the little ones and youngsters.

Stopped off for dinner one the way home. Little Miss P is taller than the hostess who seated us. ..... Little Miss P is eight years and four months old.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 2:08 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Events and happens of the little ones and youngsters.

we went to 5th grade graduation for my eldest last night. Hes one of the youngest in the year at 10 and wont hit 11 til mid summer. BUT many of the kids were at the other end of the age spectrum and were huge - several were eye to eye with the teachers who are not small heights either. it was almost comical to see the difference between some of the kids.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 2:16 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

New neighbours have a six year old boy who has a water gun, and he and his 12 year old uncle have been squirting little Miss P, who has no water gun. Or at least she didn't until yesterday. Now an arms race has broked out as Little Miss P chose a fancy water gun with a 38ft range so she can get her own back!
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 3:16 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
we went to 5th grade graduation for my eldest last night. Hes one of the youngest in the year at 10 and wont hit 11 til mid summer. BUT many of the kids were at the other end of the age spectrum and were huge - several were eye to eye with the teachers who are not small heights either. it was almost comical to see the difference between some of the kids.
I used to coach my son's soccer teams, from U10 through to U14. They all start off pretty close in height when they're 8 and 9, but once they hit 11/12, the range in heights is mental.

I had 12 year olds on a team who were taller than me, which isn't exactly hard, but 12

Originally Posted by Pulaski
New neighbours have a six year old boy who has a water gun, and he and his 12 year old uncle have been squirting little Miss P, who has no water gun. Or at least she didn't until yesterday. Now an arms race has broked out as Little Miss P chose a fancy water gun with a 38ft range so she can get her own back!
You have clearly taught her well ...
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 4:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

My sister's daughter is 11 and nearly as tall as her now (she is 5'9) and her son who is 15 is 6' and some change now, I was about his height at 15, my license from 17 says I was 6'3.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 4:48 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

The dude is 16 and has been holding at 6'3" for a few months, I'm hoping he is done - the size 14 feet are problematic.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 4:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Young Sir just had his three year old check up. 3'1" tall which is exactly half my height. I recall reading once that you can estimate their final height by doubling their height at three. There are also more complicated ones where you average both parent's heights and multiply by a funny factor depending on whether it is a girl or a boy.

I can't remember when it happened for me but there was a point where I suddenly grew upwards and my pants stopped fitting. I think it was around 14 or so. People don't tend to grow linearly, they go in spurts.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 8:32 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

im about 6ft, and i have been the same height (and shoe size) since i was aged 11 going into secondary school. Its fine now but it was a total nightmare as an uncool awkward 11 year old girl to be taller than the MAJORITY of the year 5 students (oldest at that school).

i was also a very clumsy child - as literally my arms and legs were a cm longer every bloody week so i fell over everything and knocked things over all the time until i stopped growing and could then learn to deal with a consistent reach lol.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 9:18 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Being shorter is just so much better. Couple it with being very quiet like I tend to be, you can go pretty much unnoticed anywhere you want. School was a ****ing breeze for me, half the time I don't think most people outside of my mates and teachers even knew I was there
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 10:27 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Mini Weeze reported on her day. They made signs to hold up for the 5th graders parade. "We gave them a parade because they are going off to college".
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
...... There are also more complicated ones where you average both parent's heights and multiply by a funny factor depending on whether it is a girl or a boy. ....
I tried one of those for myself based on my parents' heights and came out with a prediction of 6ft with an SD of +/- 2". As I turned out to be 6'5", I am, statistically speaking, significantly taller than the model predicted.

Little Miss P is on track to at least match her aunt and grandmother at 5'11", ..... and to pass Mrs P about 4 years from now.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jun 3rd 2015 at 10:45 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Being shorter is just so much better. Couple it with being very quiet like I tend to be, you can go pretty much unnoticed anywhere you want. School was a ****ing breeze for me, half the time I don't think most people outside of my mates and teachers even knew I was there. .....
I have long suspected that I have gone through life sticking out like a sore thumb - and now having a destinctive non-local accent (actually I have since I arrived in Gloucester as an eight year old) has added to my memorable persona.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jun 3rd 2015 at 10:48 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I tried one of those for myself based on my parents' heights and came out with a prediction of 6ft with an SD of +/- 2". As I turned out to be 6'5", I am, statistically speaking, significantly taller than the model predicted.

Little Miss P is on track to at least match her aunt and grandmother at 5'11", ..... and to pass Mrs P about 4 years from now.
I'd try that with my parents except they seem to be shrinking at an alarming rate so I don't know how tall they were.
Old Jun 4th 2015, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

notonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond repute

My eldest daughter stopped growing around age 16 at 5ft 8. My youngest daughter hit 5' 11" before her 13th birthday, she has size 10 feet and is still growing. She swims and is quite good for her age group I put it down to using less energy than her peers due to her natural flipper feet and her height. She just made All League at the HS varsity awards night as a middle schooler swimmer for the HS varsity team. Proud mama
Old Jun 4th 2015, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

My 13yo daughter is 5'11. I'm 5'7 and she smiles tolerantly at me while looking down at me.

I've never thought of myself as short before...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.