Wikiposts

English Food Treats

Old Mar 22nd 2011, 7:26 am
Just Joined

British is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English Food Treats

So as I count the days to another trip back to London (and this is getting to be every 18 months now) , I've managed to keep all but the most serious foodie addictions at bay, without paying an arm and a leg.

Indian grocery stores out here in NJ keep a few treats, and the prices aren't half bad.

PG tips (40/80/240) - the local shoprite keeps 40s too
Smarties, Flake, fruit and nut, dairy milk
Ribena
McVities digestive biscuits

I think NY does it better ... managed to get nando's Peri peri sauce, and Ready Brek for the kids.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 7:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English Food Treats

Originally Posted by British
So as I count the days to another trip back to London (and this is getting to be every 18 months now) , I've managed to keep all but the most serious foodie addictions at bay, without paying an arm and a leg.

Indian grocery stores out here in NJ keep a few treats, and the prices aren't half bad.

PG tips (40/80/240) - the local shoprite keeps 40s too
Smarties, Flake, fruit and nut, dairy milk
Ribena
McVities digestive biscuits

I think NY does it better ... managed to get nando's Peri peri sauce, and Ready Brek for the kids.
Welcome to BE.

Have you found Gary's in Madison and Bernardsville or the Irish Shop in Bridgewater Mall? They all sell a good selection of British goodies...plus seasonal items like Easter Eggs.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 8:08 am
moi
Forum Regular

moi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond repute

Upper Montclair on Watchung Ave - there is a London Co. Brit shop. They have a lot of good stuff, but it ain't that cheap.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 9:52 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go matey just put a word in the search button above and away you go!!

Have fun

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...00#post9257600