Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

England too Expensive?

England too Expensive?

Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:17 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: England too Expensive?

Originally Posted by cricket1
Oh no. This is where I refer to my French roots and swear blind I'm not English.
Has anyone ever witnessed the queue of Brits climbing onto the ferry Dover to Calais?
Nope But i understand their is an even bigger que at Calais of Eastern Europeans, waiting to come into Dover
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:19 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sans
Nope But i understand their is an even bigger que at Calais of Eastern Europeans, waiting to come into Dover
That's the Brits getting back on the ferry after they've done their shopping at the wine mart
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:22 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

That's the Brits getting back on the ferry after they've done their shopping at the wine mart
I get the shuttle, much quicker.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:28 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I get the shuttle, much quicker.
Well i buy British
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:30 pm
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Must be...so have you heard of thrupence haypney ( probably spelt it wrong ) but i'm sure you 'll get the gist
Er? No! What's that?
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:33 pm
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Boring old mixed salad tonight but very healthy, supermarket day hasn`t arrived yet. By the way, you Brits do have some strange eating habits here in Spain. For example I can go to a predominantly Brit area at around say 11.00-12.00 am and find that due to the current economic crisis, that they have combined breakfast with lunch, the end result is normally 3 eggs, 6 rashes of bacon, 3 sausages, baked beans, fried tomatoes, several hash browns, toast and something rather inedible called black pudding..........Its amazing how they fit it all on one plate but its even more amazing how they fit it in their stomachs
Thats because they're on holiday, have just consumed 8 or 9 pints of your nice cheap spanish lager, and by then they're starving hungry and anything tastes brilliant!
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:35 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Teasing you Sans. I did go shopping to Calais once with a friend who was a shopoholic and a bargain hunter (I'm not). That ferry crossing on a windy day is evil. Somehow out of a ship full of seasick passengers my friend still managed to stay upright and fill her basket with duty free. I was busy on the top deck taking deep breaths.

But anyway..........we did the wine supermarket and we went food shopping just to see what it was like. It was fun but I can't quite see the big thrill of braving a choppy ocean, feeling queasy for 2 hours, racing around looking for bargains in a place where they don't speak English deliberately just to pee you off, then you get back at midnight totally knackered trying to convince everyone that you saved a fortune.
That's like going on a wild hunter gatherer meet when you live next door to Tesco.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:38 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by englishinfl
Er? No! What's that?
Its that long ago i carn't remember

Threpence haypenny.....Threepenny bit and a half penny cor that was testing me
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:40 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Teasing you Sans. I did go shopping to Calais once with a friend who was a shopoholic and a bargain hunter (I'm not). That ferry crossing on a windy day is evil. Somehow out of a ship full of seasick passengers my friend still managed to stay upright and fill her basket with duty free. I was busy on the top deck taking deep breaths.

But anyway..........we did the wine supermarket and we went food shopping just to see what it was like. It was fun but I can't quite see the big thrill of braving a choppy ocean, feeling queasy for 2 hours, racing around looking for bargains in a place where they don't speak English deliberately just to pee you off, then you get back at midnight totally knackered trying to convince everyone that you saved a fortune.
That's like going on a wild hunter gatherer meet when you live next door to Tesco.
Mmm i'll believe
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:54 pm
Banned

Its that long ago i carn't remember

Threpence haypenny.....Threepenny bit and a half penny cor that was testing me
Still is testing me. I'm taking it this is all in pre-decimalisation currency then?
Old Feb 17th 2009, 9:00 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by englishinfl
Still is testing me. I'm taking it this is all in pre-decimalisation currency then?
Er!! Yes.......wasn't you around then
Old Feb 17th 2009, 9:06 pm
Banned

Don't fall for it Sans, you'll show your age, ask if they remember the Bay City Rollers instead.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

Mary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to all

I think England is cheaper than it was last year - everyone is competing for your business.

While i was in Australia I thought it was much more expensive than England, and in some things it was (alcohol, junk food!), but the food portions in Australia are massive compared to what you get in the UK, so i guess it wasn't that expensive really.

The funny thing is, whenever i do my food shopping, i'm now converting everything into dollars
Old Feb 17th 2009, 9:21 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Don't fall for it Sans, you'll show your age, ask if they remember the Bay City Rollers instead.
But i'm not old And i have absolutley no intension of becoming old either And i can remember Val Dunican
Old Feb 17th 2009, 9:26 pm
Banned

Pre- 71? Er, what do you think?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.