End Of The Journey

Old May 20th 2019, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: End Of The Journey

Originally Posted by Rete
Ahhh ... a photo with the judge after the ceremony??????????????????????????????????????
Nah, that wasn't happening! The ceremony was at a field office and conducted by a USCIS officer, he did mingle a while - enough for me to find out that he'd been stationed in Norfolk with the air Force - and was posing for selfies with newbie citizens but he might have objected to 90 sittings for photos, his counterparts on the West Coast where they put through thousands in one ceremony would definitely object!!

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
I celebrated my citizenship by buying a shotgun. What are you going to do? Or did you do?
Has the law changed since you naturalized? PR's are entitled to arm themselves to the teeth, they can even get open carry licenses in some states.
The missus and I went out for a slap up dinner at a well known Cuban resaurant.
Old May 20th 2019, 10:57 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I am already armed, and have my CCP - I have for a few years now.

I celebrated by eating Longhorn and registering to vote.... so not bad
Old May 20th 2019, 11:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!
Old May 21st 2019, 12:24 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Nah, that wasn't happening! The ceremony was at a field office and conducted by a USCIS officer, he did mingle a while - enough for me to find out that he'd been stationed in Norfolk with the air Force - and was posing for selfies with newbie citizens but he might have objected to 90 sittings for photos, his counterparts on the West Coast where they put through thousands in one ceremony would definitely object!!

Has the law changed since you naturalized? PR's are entitled to arm themselves to the teeth, they can even get open carry licenses in some states.
The missus and I went out for a slap up dinner at a well known Cuban resaurant.
No, the law didn't change. As an LPR, I purchased a handgun that stayed in its case for years. Just had always wanted a shotgun, so took the opportunity to celebrate.
Been meaning to try some Cuban food.
Old May 26th 2019, 4:16 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats CivilServant!!!!

If you don't mind me asking, how long did the N400 process take for you from filing? I'm guessing you did it online?
Old May 26th 2019, 5:15 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I did. Almost exactly a year to the day.
Old May 26th 2019, 8:33 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
I did. Almost exactly a year to the day.
That's interesting.

Boston folks seem to be taking 4 months.

We're not normally very quick for anything.
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

robUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations! Happy you finally reached the end.
After nearly 6 years my family actually decided to come visit, so excuse the belated congratulations 😊
Old Jun 16th 2019, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Nearly 6 years after I left British soil and moved to the US, I was today sworn in as one of the newest Citizens of these United States of America.

Thankful to my adopted country for having me and making me feel welcome.

God Bless America!
There's hope for me yet then, if they've let you in
Old Dec 11th 2019, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

rlolney58 has a reputation beyond reputerlolney58 has a reputation beyond reputerlolney58 has a reputation beyond reputerlolney58 has a reputation beyond reputerlolney58 has a reputation beyond reputerlolney58 has a reputation beyond reputerlolney58 has a reputation beyond reputerlolney58 has a reputation beyond reputerlolney58 has a reputation beyond reputerlolney58 has a reputation beyond reputerlolney58 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: End Of The Journey

Congratulations!!!!! I bet it's a wonderful feeling, and relieved...

We're about to file, online, my husband's N400 (he, too, is British), so the perceived "nail biting" period shall begin.

Just out of curiosity, did you file online? If so, how long was the whole process for you to gain citizenship? (e.g. from the time you filed your N400 to the time you were sworn in?)

TIA,

Old Dec 12th 2019, 11:15 am
Often not so civil...

Originally Posted by rlolney58
Congratulations!!!!! I bet it's a wonderful feeling, and relieved...

We're about to file, online, my husband's N400 (he, too, is British), so the perceived "nail biting" period shall begin.

Just out of curiosity, did you file online? If so, how long was the whole process for you to gain citizenship? (e.g. from the time you filed your N400 to the time you were sworn in?)

TIA,
I did indeed file online. The process for me, through Atlanta, was almost exactly a year start to finish. I think I was sworn in about 10 days before the anniversary of me filing the N400 online.

Your mileage will vary depending on your location though. Some officers are faster than ATL, some slower. They also usually speed up as we come into an election year so people can vote.

Good luck, and thanks!