Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

The Duggars Expecting 20th child

The Duggars Expecting 20th child

Old Nov 9th 2011, 7:47 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Duggars Expecting 20th child

If they have 20 children, and those 20 children each have 20 of their own, that'll be 400 grandchildren. Keep up that rate (20 children each generation) and you're at 160,000 of the blighters in three generations

You'll run out of J names pretty bloody quickly - I expect somewhere in the first round of grandchildren they'll be switching to things like 'Jif' and 'the like.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 7:49 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
If they have 20 children, and those 20 children each have 20 of their own, that'll be 400 grandchildren. Keep up that rate (20 children each generation) and you're at 160,000 of the blighters in three generations
That's the scary bit, the world doesn't need anyone to have 20 kids
Old Nov 9th 2011, 7:52 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
That's the scary bit, the world doesn't need anyone to have 20 kids
I wonder if they air that show in China?
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:09 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Wow.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

I think the parents are extremely selfish, I think it is unfair to force the older kids to pretty much raise the younger kids, to have another baby when there maybe long term health issues for the current youngest one and due to her age have another high risk pregnancy that could potentialy leave 19 or 20 kids without a mother.

Last edited by Ash UK/US; Nov 9th 2011 at 8:43 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

The kids all have the same first initial? Why?! It's bad enough when people (well, Americans do it more than anyone else) name twins that way on purpose, but an entire family?!
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:38 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
I think the parents are extremely selfish, I think it is unfair to force the older kids to pretty mutch raise the younger kids, to have another baby when there maybe long term health issues for the current youngest one and due to her age have another high risk pregnancy that could potentialy leave 19 or 20 kids without a mother.
It is incredibly unfair on the older kids. We only have two and we don't force our 13 year old to look after the 2 year old. It's not his fault I knocked my wife up, any more than it's J. Duggar number 1's fault his/her mother is so bloody fertile/mental/whatever.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of light

It is incredibly unfair on the older kids. We only have two and we don't force our 13 year old to look after the 2 year old. It's not his fault I knocked my wife up, any more than it's J. Duggar number 1's fault his/her mother is so bloody fertile/mental/whatever.
I was raised in Jamaica and there the older kids do chip in to help raise the younger ones. In my eyes, helping to look after my youngest brother prepared me for raising my own kids. I never felt resentful or felt my parents were burdenning me, I just was raised feeling like I had to put my shoulder to the wheel....
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:57 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by AlienUk
I was raised in Jamaica and there the older kids do chip in to help raise the younger ones. In my eyes, helping to look after my youngest brother prepared me for raising my own kids. I never felt resentful or felt my parents were burdenning me, I just was raised feeling like I had to put my shoulder to the wheel....
You're obviously much nicer than I am.

My sister was only 2 years younger than me, luckily, but if I'd a much younger one and I was asked to watch them I'd have told my ma to shove it and advised her to keep her knees together in future
Old Nov 9th 2011, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of light

You're obviously much nicer than I am.

My sister was only 2 years younger than me, luckily, but if I'd a much younger one and I was asked to watch them I'd have told my ma to shove it and advised her to keep her knees together in future
hmm....not many people find me 'nice'....I was probably brainwashed since I never really thought about any alternative options since all my friends/neighbours did the same...it was expected.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 9:08 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=AlienUk;9723720]I was raised in Jamaica and there the older kids do chip in to help raise the younger ones. QUOTE]

I think in many countries the older siblings are asked to chip in with a younger one - but not to take over.

A litle help with putting shoes on - or with homework is one thing, but not to be a parent aid come buddy style Duggar.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 9:09 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Oh christ - sorry folks -I effed up the quote. I should know better.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 9:13 pm
I have a comma problem

hmm....not many people find me 'nice'....I was probably brainwashed since I never really thought about any alternative options since all my friends/neighbours did the same...it was expected.
You're still nicer than I am, I'd wager
Old Nov 9th 2011, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

You're still nicer than I am, I'd wager
Like losing?
Old Nov 9th 2011, 9:39 pm
I have a comma problem

Like losing?
Not really, and point taken

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.