Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Drought in the West/ Pulaski Road Trip

Wikiposts

Drought in the West/ Pulaski Road Trip

Old Yesterday, 4:15 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drought in the West/ Pulaski Road Trip

So into and out of Chicago we went. We drove from Indiana, through downtown Chicago and 12 miles north to the Evanston suburb to check into our hotel, and change, then all the way back to downtown for a fancy steak dinner, then back to Evanston.

The North Western University campus was very close to the hotel, so we did the tour, then drove back to downtown (by which point I'd driven anout 50 miles back and forth across Chicago!), saw "the bean" (which is apparently a thing ), and took a river boat tour with a commentary about the architecture.

Then we left town for South Bend, Indiana, which is where we are having breakfast before a campus tour of Notre Dame.

Last edited by Pulaski; Yesterday at 4:18 am.
Old Yesterday, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

PetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond repute

I always imagine Pulaski as Jeremy Clarkson... like his twin..
Old Yesterday, 12:49 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PetrifiedExPat
I always imagine Pulaski as Jeremy Clarkson... like his twin..
You're not the first person to say that. SultanOfSwing , who rarely posts these days, said that he "hears" my posts being read by Jeremy Clarkson.

I do share some attributes with him, with us both being 6'5", curly-haired Yorkshiremen, with a tendency to making blunt statements, but we hold wildly different opinions about France, and have different practical DIY abilities.
Old Today, 2:27 am

So after a successful trio of college visits - we think that Purdue and Notre Dame are both strong contenders, worthy of applications, we have moved on to Michigan, visiting a friend just outside of Detroit, and we're at a 4th July parade, which is not something we've ever done before.