Reload this Page >

Driving test in Texas

Driving test in Texas

Old Jul 14th 2021, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Gixxerboy_999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driving test in Texas

Hi,

I've been over in the US for a couple months now having moved from the UK my wife and I have just come to Texas and one of the things I need to do is get my US driving licence.
Just wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions to help me pass it first time and what to expect?

Any help greatly appreciated .
Old Jul 14th 2021, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving test in Texas

I suggest you start practicing driving a left hand drive pick up truck while holding a handgun in your left hand and shooting at road signs. If not comfortable with this try this link

https://www.idrivesafely.com/dmv/tex...ng-test-guide/
Old Jul 14th 2021, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

Pavement = Road

Other than that, have a nap during the driving bit and you'll be fine.
Old Jul 14th 2021, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

Gixxerboy_999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I suggest you start practicing driving a left hand drive pick up truck while holding a handgun in your left hand and shooting at road signs. If not comfortable with this try this link

https://www.idrivesafely.com/dmv/tex...ng-test-guide/
Fantastic I have the truck I just need the gun... Pretty sure that's easy enough especially in Texas.
Old Jul 15th 2021, 11:56 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I just need the gun... Pretty sure that's easy enough especially in Texas.
Indeed. Far too easy.

Practice, practice, practice - and if you intend to carry said gun, make sure you are familiar with the law. Not that theres much of that in TX, as of September it's a 'Constitutional Carry' state.
Old Jul 15th 2021, 2:45 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gixxerboy_999
Hi,

I've been over in the US for a couple months now having moved from the UK my wife and I have just come to Texas and one of the things I need to do is get my US driving licence.
Just wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions to help me pass it first time and what to expect?

Any help greatly appreciated .

Step 1: Don't actually kill anyone while taking the test
Step 2: Get licence.

Seriously though, just make sure you know what all the signs mean and make sure that you s l o w d o w n to well below the speed limit. They do drive relatively fast in Texas, in my experience, as compared to some parts of the US, but not like the UK and they are used to testing 16 year olds. On city streets especially be well below the speed limit (obv not to the point that you are causing an obstruction) and be very conservative in general. Be sure that you do a FULL AND COMPLETE STOP at any stop sign, with no suggestion of a "rolling stop" and don't go through any yellow lights or speed up to try and make a light.
Old Jul 15th 2021, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

If it’s anything like the Californian one, provided you can turn the engine on, you’ll pass with flying colours!
Old Jul 15th 2021, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen anything official if the Yee Haw or America **** Yay is optional or mandatory.
Old Jul 15th 2021, 3:49 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

it's really, really easy.....
do some practice multi-choice online ( there are plenty of free sites, don't pay for it) just to make sure you know the answers.
STOP at the stop signs, keep both hands on the wheel and don't speed.
The hardest part is getting the documentation together for the application.
Old Jul 15th 2021, 5:49 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Can’t speak for TX, but NY was defiantly the easiest “real” driving test i have taken, the other parts like watching drunk driving videos was annoying and time consuming. Cook Islands was much easier.. pay $20 and drive forward 20 feet and they take a Polaroid and hand write the lisence and laminate it… I believe they now accept a handful of international licenses including US and UK so no need to take that again. If you can’t pass a US driving test first time you should not be driving anywhere…
Old Jul 15th 2021, 7:39 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
it's really, really easy.....
do some practice multi-choice online ( there are plenty of free sites, don't pay for it) just to make sure you know the answers.
STOP at the stop signs, keep both hands on the wheel and don't speed.
The hardest part is getting the documentation together for the application.

Good point about the two hands on the wheel. I forgot about that one.
Old Jul 15th 2021, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Good point about the two hands on the wheel. I forgot about that one.
Also move your head at intersections. I was almost failed because it didn't look like I was watching for traffic as the empty intersections (no stop signs) as I passed them. I was up in Georgetown, where there is barely any traffic and we literally drove 3 blocks in a circle. Last part was parallel park between to 2 bollards. Don't think it change much in the intervening years.
Old Jul 16th 2021, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

I took mine around lunchtime I think, and was intrigued when the person conducting the test beamed at me "you are my first 100% of the day" - what on earth were the others doing!?!
Old Jul 16th 2021, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markonline1
If it’s anything like the Californian one, provided you can turn the engine on, you’ll pass with flying colours!
Actually, it is possible to fail a California driving test ...

Old Jul 16th 2021, 4:53 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

From the original article "It's unknown if she passed the test."
DRIVERS LICENSE TEST ENDS IN SPECTACULAR CRASH AT COSTA MESA DMV – The Orange County Independent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.