Doctor Who

Old Jun 29th 2008, 7:28 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute
Default Doctor Who

Was never a fan. Middle-class mores, crappy effects, hokey drama.

That said, my son wanted to know about Daleks because of a tee-shirt he had been sent by a family member in the UK.

We've just watched several episodes of season three of the new Doctor Who.
I'm loathed to give the leftie Beeb any kudos at all, but I have to hand it to them. The new episodes with David Tennant are first rate.

If you get the chance, rent it or buy it. The Human Nature/Family Blood episodes were terrific, but the best by far is the story Blink. Ingenious. I think that's the best television story I have seen for many a year. Very clever. Yes, it borrows from lots of movies like Back To The Future, but this is creepiest, most menacing little story I have seen in a long time.

Well done to the BBC. If you have kids - heck, even if you don't - rent this series. You'll thoroughly enjoy them. It really is the best of British television.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 12:34 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doctor Who

Originally Posted by Octang Frye

That said, my son wanted to know about Daleks because of a tee-shirt he had been sent by a family member in the UK.

I'm loathed to give the leftie Beeb any kudos at all, but I have to hand it to them. The new episodes with David Tennant are first rate.

If you get the chance, rent it or buy it. The Human Nature/Family Blood episodes were terrific, but the best by far is the story Blink. Ingenious. I think that's the best television story I have seen for many a year. Very clever. Yes, it borrows from lots of movies like Back To The Future, but this is creepiest, most menacing little story I have seen in a long time.

Well done to the BBC. If you have kids - heck, even if you don't - rent this series. You'll thoroughly enjoy them. It really is the best of British television.
My son lives in England now (postgraduate studies.) He just emailed me about last nights episode, Stolen Earth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stolen_Earth
He's a fan, but according to him this was the best yet.
I agree, Blink was very good.
Any episode with Martha Jones in it is fabulous ...
Old Jun 29th 2008, 2:11 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

oh my god

last nights was just

it was SO good, but typically they left it hanging and I dont have the patience to wait a whole week!!!
Old Jun 29th 2008, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mellybrown
oh my god

last nights was just

it was SO good, but typically they left it hanging and I dont have the patience to wait a whole week!!!
Which one was that? The one we watched on Fri night was the 2nd of a 2 parter.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

I used to watch the old black and white ones when I was a kid (that ages me, doesn't it?) I also watched the ones back in the 80s, although, when Sylvester McCoy became the Doctor I gave up.
When SciFi started showing them here, I wasn't interested, because I couldn't see the point of Billie Piper. BIG MISTAKE. I started watching them, again, halfway through series 2, and that was it, completely hooked.
I completely agree about Human Nature/Family of Blood. I rarely remember lines from TV programmes but when the son is doing the voiceover towards the end of Family of Blood, telling the viewers what the Doctor did to his family, and he said "We wanted to live forever, and the Doctor made sure that we did", I thought that was just brilliant. 'Blink' was incredible and so clever.
The Beeb has redeemed itself with Dr Who and Torchwood.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 3:36 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Last night's was Stolen Earth.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stolen_Earth
Old Jun 29th 2008, 3:37 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

ooh is it on sci-fi - i must try and find it and tivo it
Old Jun 29th 2008, 3:50 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
was that the 2 parter library one?? Last nights was about 2 episodes after that one
Old Jun 29th 2008, 8:17 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
ooh is it on sci-fi - i must try and find it and tivo it

Sci-Fi is running Doctor Who about 3 weeks behind BBC1. And the next few episodes are well worth seeing. Great cliffhanger at the end of The Stolen Earth, and nice to see characters from the spinoffs finally turn up in the main show.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

EnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud of

I just watched series one again.

Sob.

Ruth
(resident Christopher Eccleston fangirly)

ps. Don't drop the banana....
Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice

And without having spoilers, but nobody on the Dr Who fansites expected what happeneed in the end
Old Jul 1st 2008, 4:50 pm
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

I saw blink last week. TOTALLY agree with you. Best thing I'd seen on telly in years.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 1:04 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Blink was a great 'one off' episode that you can show someone to introduce them to Doctor Who without having to go into all the details of who this person is and why that is important. It's just a really good one off episode I'd recommend to anyone, even those who are not a fan.

I also think 'Love and Monsters' was a pretty funny one as well, or if you like ELO. If you get a chance to see that one it's worth a watch. Kind of like that X-Files when they made fun of UFO fanatics.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

I love Doctor Who, but I still haven't gotten into this season yet, I'm glad to hear it gets better.

ETA: Does anyone know when season 3 of Torchwood starts?
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 1:43 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
I love Doctor Who, but I still haven't gotten into this season yet, I'm glad to hear it gets better.
ETA: Does anyone know when season 3 of Torchwood starts?
Nope.

Been digging thru youtube for the episode when Rose returns, but haven't found it. Doesn't she make a comeback in the season being currently shown on the SciFi channel (4)?

Have noticed the couple of very quick cameo's she has done in episodes shown so far. They are pretty good teaser snippets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.