Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Do You Use Your Gas Grill Just to Grill?

Wikiposts

Do You Use Your Gas Grill Just to Grill?

Old Aug 11th 2016, 12:38 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do You Use Your Gas Grill Just to Grill?

Originally Posted by Wintersong
I'm old school - I have a Weber kettle barbecue and (gasp) no gas grill.
yeah, I did that for years. Then I bought a gas grill when we moved to Texas. Soooo much easier. Now I save the charcoal grill for camping when I get the kiddoes to clean up!
Old Aug 11th 2016, 12:42 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
yeah, I did that for years. Then I bought a gas grill when we moved to Texas. Soooo much easier. Now I save the charcoal grill for camping when I get the kiddoes to clean up!
But you lose all that lovely barbecue flavour!
Old Aug 11th 2016, 12:47 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
But you lose all that lovely barbecue flavour!
no, you don't. Well, I don't. I lose all that charred over-cooked meat and raw on the inside flavour. Seriously, unless you use flavoured wood bits then the taste is the same. Do you use charcoal or those "hickory" flavoured shaving?
Old Aug 11th 2016, 12:49 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
no, you don't. Well, I don't. I lose all that charred over-cooked meat and raw on the inside flavour. Seriously, unless you use flavoured wood bits then the taste is the same. Do you use charcoal or those "hickory" flavoured shaving?
I use hardwood lump charcoal as a general rule.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 12:51 pm
Austin. TX.

gas grill is no good for smores.....just not the same.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 3:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The previous owner left the gas grill for us. It was still under warranty and already hooked up the main gas line so it worked out well for us. Having been an apartment dweller all my life, I had a charcoal grill for picnics. We use lava rocks in the gas grill and get the same taste as with the CG. Going to try some of the hickory chips in the future.