Devastated...

Old Apr 11th 2008, 3:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Devastated...

So sorry for your loss.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 9:29 am
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Lost my best mate last year, best mates for well over 20 years. He was the bravest, most honest and reliable man I ever knew. Best drinking buddy a man could have, never missed his round or got out of order..EVER!!! A Gold Medal father, son and brother. I couldn't make it back over to the UK for the funeral so never got any closure or to say "Goodbye mate" and I still expect to see him when I go see his widow and kids. I walk about every day now like I have lost my siamese twin.

Hope your husband makes it to his funeral to say his goodbyes and to help him get it out and to exorcise the grief.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:00 am
LAL
Mad Geordie Spaniard

LAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Devastated...

Thanks guys....
Just rang him to see how he is and he's sorting out all Jamie's stuff at work....
He's very subdued so I'll go and meet him for lunch, only then he'll end up consoling me, typical girl... my bladder's too close to my eyes!!!
It'll take him longer once the reality sets in that he's not going to see him again, no more silly text messages!!! It seemed like everytime Newcastle scored a goal he'd get 5 messages if they weren't at the match....
Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

shazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to hear that. I will keep you all in my prayers!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:44 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Lost my best mate last year, best mates for well over 20 years. He was the bravest, most honest and reliable man I ever knew. Best drinking buddy a man could have, never missed his round or got out of order..EVER!!! A Gold Medal father, son and brother. I couldn't make it back over to the UK for the funeral so never got any closure or to say "Goodbye mate" and I still expect to see him when I go see his widow and kids. I walk about every day now like I have lost my siamese twin.

Hope your husband makes it to his funeral to say his goodbyes and to help him get it out and to exorcise the grief.
I'm really sorry to hear that. Looks like last year both sucked for us in a big way and I hope you're in a better place now. It really doesn't help when people say time will heal the wound when all you can do is feel like shit and want to crawl away somewhere. However it does come to pass and you find out you're just okay and not the former self.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:47 am
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
I'm really sorry to hear that. Looks like last year both sucked for us in a big way and I hope you're in a better place now. It really doesn't help when people say time will heal the wound when all you can do is feel like shit and want to crawl away somewhere. However it does come to pass and you find out you're just okay and not the former self.
I'm a Brit....I got over it.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:48 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a Brit....I got over it.
I'm a chick. I'm almost done getting over it. I can't help it.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 12:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LAL
Hubby's mate was killed today in a car accident...

a total sweetheart....

cried my eyes out since 5pm...

he thinks I'm as soft as sh**e

hasn't hit him yet

LAL
looking like a bug-eyed frog!!!

Oh my I'm really sorry to hear this. I went through the same thing last year. Trust me, it hasn't hit him yet. It took me a couple hours before I completely lost it. My heart goes out to both of you. Whatever you say, you are not a softy by any means. Be gentle on yourself and give yourself permission to feel crappy. It's a testament of how much you care and how fantastic this gentleman was.
My sympathies to you all. Very sad all around.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

I'd also like to add my condolences for your friend, and your hubby's friend. It happens way more than it should.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Time does help though, to get on rather than over it.

Crap when it happens though, and my symapthies go out to LAL and husband for your loss.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:43 pm
Riding on silver wings

Originally Posted by Bob
Time does help though, to get on rather than over it.

Crap when it happens though, and my symapthies go out to LAL and husband for your loss.
Yeah. They'll get there. The waiting just sucks.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:15 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LAL
LAL, sorry to hear

its been a week too..
tues - lost my wallet,....
yesterday, have to put my dog on phenobarbital (for epilepsy)
and I learned this morning that a friend of mine unexpectedly died last night.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

flipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
LAL, sorry to hear

its been a week too..
tues - lost my wallet,....
yesterday, have to put my dog on phenobarbital (for epilepsy)
and I learned this morning that a friend of mine unexpectedly died last night.
Oh god you have had a bad week havent you. Hope things soon start to look up xx
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 11:22 pm
LAL
Mad Geordie Spaniard

LAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud of

Thanks guys ..
It was his funeral last Friday... we're getting there it's been a sh*tty week!!! Apart from Newcastle beating Sunderland 2 - 0, which brought sadness in itself cos they would've either been at the match or at a pub in Newcastle - it's soooo sad there was 4 of them inseparable and now the "baby" of the bunch has gone.... He was such a sweetheart....

Gutted....Totally incomprehensible....

LAL