Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Delta - ATL - LGW - movies?

Delta - ATL - LGW - movies?

Old May 11th 2011, 3:12 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delta - ATL - LGW - movies?

Ive done the journey a few times, its not that bad, but maybe Im just used to it!?

A bigger problem is getting a Delta plane that actually has working tv screens - or any tv screens at all!!! Last time we flew back the plane was so old it had the big screen tv at the top and that was it - and the last 2 times my mum has flown over here the small screens have not been working so no tv for the entire flight.

I hate flying
Old May 11th 2011, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

I have flown Delta to England and back twice this year and both time the movies were free and there was a pretty good selection.
Old May 11th 2011, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Entertainment is complimentary in the BusinessElite® and First Class cabins, and for customers in the Economy cabin on all international flights.
Taken from the Delta website.
Old May 11th 2011, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mellybrown
Ive done the journey a few times, its not that bad, but maybe Im just used to it!?

A bigger problem is getting a Delta plane that actually has working tv screens - or any tv screens at all!!! Last time we flew back the plane was so old it had the big screen tv at the top and that was it - and the last 2 times my mum has flown over here the small screens have not been working so no tv for the entire flight.

I hate flying
on one of the legs we flew 3 years ago in 2008 the outbound Gatwick- Atlanta flight had the old drop down tvs, the return leg had the seatback.

I've not flow that route since then, I was kind of hoping that by now they'd retired or overhauled those old planes.
Old May 11th 2011, 7:05 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
on one of the legs we flew 3 years ago in 2008 the outbound Gatwick- Atlanta flight had the old drop down tvs, the return leg had the seatback.

I've not flow that route since then, I was kind of hoping that by now they'd retired or overhauled those old planes.
Ours with the drop down was last year in May. Im pretty sure most of those planes are gone by now though!! Kinda makes me want to fly BA though with so many issues being had with Delta!
Old May 11th 2011, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

I remember posting something about the AVOD vs overhead TVs a while ago. There was one flight that was scheduled with the overhead TVs while the other two had the newer AVOD equipment. The one flight might only have been thrice a week IIRC.

Anyway. that was last year but SeatExpert says some aircraft are still being converted.
Old May 11th 2011, 8:15 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

they're probably just waiting for them to crash, so insurance can take care of it
Old May 12th 2011, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
they're probably just waiting for them to crash, so insurance can take care of it
That's not what I need the day before we leave! Am panicking a little that our flights from MS and then ATL will be delayed or cancelled due to storms, guess I'll need to wait and see.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

So here we are in ATL airport waiting for our connection back home. Both the outbound and inbound flights were 767-300ER planes if that means anything to you, neither leg had on demand, my kids were deeply unhappy about that.
A portable DVD player would have only provided temporary relief as there were no plug sockets. Oh, and my gluten free meal was not gluten free in part, so maybe not Delta next time round.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 1:31 am
Resident Sillycow

So here we are in ATL airport waiting for our connection back home. Both the outbound and inbound flights were 767-300ER planes if that means anything to you, neither leg had on demand, my kids were deeply unhappy about that.
A portable DVD player would have only provided temporary relief as there were no plug sockets. Oh, and my gluten free meal was not gluten free in part, so maybe not Delta next time round.
Im sorry they lived up to my expectations Maybe we will fly BA when we go home next year!!