Deep fried turkeys

Old Nov 15th 2010, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Deep fried turkeys

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Anyone tried one? Do they work?
I found this article.....

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/food/...fryer-2408811/
Old Nov 15th 2010, 4:22 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 15th 2010, 4:37 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Ha - thanks - I just came on to post the same link! Got to say, it doesn't soundquite what I expected from the blurb on the box, especially the cooking time.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 7:31 pm
Irritant

merz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud of

I have had deep fried turkey on two sererate occasions.
Both made by the same Louisiana old guy and eaten with soft butter coated bread rolls.

Deeeeelish and scrummy.
Ok both times I was very drunk and starving hungry but I am sure they really were fab
Old Nov 17th 2010, 3:11 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandana
Has anyone either had one, or better still, bought a deep-fat frier and cooked one?

I have to say it sounds utterly disgusting to me, but my OH has been raving about it - so much so he's looked up the frier and is threatening to buy one

So, do they get a or a

years ago while living in Louisiana we went to a Thanksgiving dinner where the turkey was deep fried and injected with all those spices by an old cajun dude....I'd never even heard of the process at the time but will still rave about it ..best most moist turkey I've ever tasted!!!

now if I could do that to a turkey I might eat it more than once a year!
Old Nov 17th 2010, 3:12 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merz
I have had deep fried turkey on two sererate occasions.
Both made by the same Louisiana old guy and eaten with soft butter coated bread rolls.

Deeeeelish and scrummy.
Ok both times I was very drunk and starving hungry but I am sure they really were fab
OMG maybe it was the same one!! lol

nobody cooks and spices crawfish like an old Louisiana guy either
Old Sep 25th 2011, 10:05 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

This is a great thread The fried turkey I had was really good. I thought/think I want one but I have been reading a lot about the infrared ones. They seem to have gone down in price also. The plus side about the fryer is that we can use it for other things (wings/chips/chickens/pickles/zucchini/etc) when we have a an outdoor (or indoor) get-together. The plus side about the infrared cooker is that you do not have to buy oil. I don't know if people re-use their oil but I do not when I fry in my electric skillet. So, anyone have an infrared?
Old Sep 27th 2011, 8:48 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
This is a great thread The fried turkey I had was really good. I thought/think I want one but I have been reading a lot about the infrared ones. They seem to have gone down in price also. The plus side about the fryer is that we can use it for other things (wings/chips/chickens/pickles/zucchini/etc) when we have a an outdoor (or indoor) get-together. The plus side about the infrared cooker is that you do not have to buy oil. I don't know if people re-use their oil but I do not when I fry in my electric skillet. So, anyone have an infrared?

I don't but I like the concept was looking at a couple of infrared fryers around the $100 range.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandana
So, do they get a or a
Best turkey I had, bar none. And by quite a margin.