Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Dancing with the Stars - Finale

Dancing with the Stars - Finale

Old Nov 18th 2009, 10:41 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Dancing with the Stars - Finale

Has anyone been watching the (US) version of "Dancing with the Stars"?

The last three are:

Donny Osmond
Kelly Osbourne (Ozzy & Sharon's daughter)
Mya ? - a singer

Kelly has really improved but not in the same class as Mya, who is a wonderful dancer but has danced (non-professionally) for years. Kelly clearly got to the finals because of the votes from the public (typical Brit, is very modest and seems suprised that she's managed to last as long as she has in the competition). Her parents seemed quite emotional and justly proud last night when she 'won' a slot in the finale.

Donny Osmond - a professional entertainer from childhood - looks like he will be a very sore loser. He is looking more and more like a plumper version of Cliff Richard in my opinion!

Mya - deserves to win this season - clearly the best dancer out of the three.

My prediction: 1) Mya 2) Donny 3) Kelly

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...favourite.html

Last edited by Englishmum; Nov 18th 2009 at 11:12 am.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 12:06 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dancing with the Stars - Finale

I don't agree with your assessment of Kelly's behavior at all but then I have been watching from the beginning.

I go along with your positioning of the winners.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

chocchipcookie is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope, I think it's a fix. That's why Kelly stayed, she's better for the ratings.

Donny to win!
Old Nov 18th 2009, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Mya for the win. Donny is still there because of all the Osmonds that have procreated over the years. I do appreciate how far Kelly has come, but Joanna was a much better dancer than both Donny and Kelly. But let's be honest, it is a popularity contest first and a talent competition second.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 2:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

I have been watching it from the beginning too (though I promise myself, I will not do that next season!) I think that Kelly has improved 100% since the beginning, she looks so much better now too, her waist is tiny! I have enjoyed watching her become more confident and ladylike

I would love to see Kelly win, though I do agree that Mya is the better dancer, I was in love with Donny when I was around 11 yrs old, but I am surprised he wasn't voted off last night, apparently he has been getting the Michael Jackson fans votes
Old Nov 18th 2009, 2:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I read somewhere that Donny has been taking dancing lessons for over a year...allegedly not for this show but his own show.

In the end I suppose it comes down to should the best dancer win, most popular celebrity or the one who has improved the most? Even if Kelly does not win the dancing competition hopefully the experience has given her the confidence and drive to turn her life around. Instead of looking and acting like an odd ball with addiction problems...she is becoming a some what normal, confident young lady.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 3:39 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I have not watched this season, but as for Donny he was brought up singing and dancing we are talking the Donny Osmond and yes cheesy I know but I think he is handsome.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 3:48 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I have not watched this season, but as for Donny he was brought up singing and dancing we are talking the Donny Osmond and yes cheesy I know but I think he is handsome.
I've been watching it all season too, and I was very surprised at the results last night. Although Kelly has improved a lot, I think Joanna was a better dancer. Plus Derek is so cute...hehehe.

I agree with the winning predictions. 1. Mya 2. Donny 3. Kelly.

Poppy, I've been a Donny Osmond fan for 40 years now. My best friend and I have been friends since we were both 10 (our birthdays are 2 days apart). When we were 11, we went to our very first concert together to see the Osmonds. Our 50th birthday is coming up next month, and we're going together to Vegas to see Donny & Marie. It's like we've come full circle.

Rene
Old Nov 18th 2009, 4:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I've been watching it all season too, and I was very surprised at the results last night. Although Kelly has improved a lot, I think Joanna was a better dancer. Plus Derek is so cute...hehehe.

I agree with the winning predictions. 1. Mya 2. Donny 3. Kelly.

Poppy, I've been a Donny Osmond fan for 40 years now. My best friend and I have been friends since we were both 10 (our birthdays are 2 days apart). When we were 11, we went to our very first concert together to see the Osmonds. Our 50th birthday is coming up next month, and we're going together to Vegas to see Donny & Marie. It's like we've come full circle.

Rene

I hadn't actually got round to watching last nights result show yet, but I guess I don't need too now

I did think that joanna was a better dancer than Kelly, but I think Kelly improved each week, where as Joanna started out pretty good, not sure if that is something they consider seriously. I could never bring myself to like Joanna for some reason, so I'm not unhappy that I don't have to watch her any more. (do love Derek though)

I am so jealous of your trip to Vegas to watch Donny & Marie! They were on when we were there in May, I really wanted to go see them, but I was the only one so got voted out!
Old Nov 18th 2009, 5:06 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
I am so jealous of your trip to Vegas to watch Donny & Marie! They were on when we were there in May, I really wanted to go see them, but I was the only one so got voted out!
I've seen Donny twice in concert in his adult years, he's really, really entertaining, and it's obvious he is such a nice guy and really cares about his fans. The last one I went to, I was sitting near the entrance/exit part that goes backstage, and I touched him twice as he walked by...once he took my hand as I held it out, and once he was standing right next to my seat before going up on stage, so I laid my hand on his shoulder for a moment. **swoon**

Rene
Old Nov 18th 2009, 5:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I've seen Donny twice in concert in his adult years, he's really, really entertaining, and it's obvious he is such a nice guy and really cares about his fans. The last one I went to, I was sitting near the entrance/exit part that goes backstage, and I touched him twice as he walked by...once he took my hand as I held it out, and once he was standing right next to my seat before going up on stage, so I laid my hand on his shoulder for a moment. **swoon**

Rene
Lucky Bisch
Old Nov 18th 2009, 5:30 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Lucky Bisch
Just what I was thinking
Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:25 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Mya and Joanna wouldn't have brought in huge ratings.

The Donny versus Kelly show will be bring in huge ratings.

Then Mya will win.

It's all done for entertainment purposes. Joanna didn't fit in with the above scheme, which is a shame. It's a popularity contest.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by Mallory
Mya and Joanna wouldn't have brought in huge ratings.

The Donny versus Kelly show will be bring in huge ratings.

Then Mya will win.

It's all done for entertainment purposes. Joanna didn't fit in with the above scheme, which is a shame. It's a popularity contest.
It's sad to think the network can completely override the scores AND the votes, to choose whoever they want to remain on the show.

Rene
Old Nov 19th 2009, 12:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's sad to think the network can completely override the scores AND the votes, to choose whoever they want to remain on the show.

Rene
I prefer to believe it's a genuine vote count....stamping foot!! you cannot make me cynical

Last edited by Englishtart; Nov 19th 2009 at 12:13 am. Reason: whoops I meant to quote malory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.