Reload this Page >

Dallas College Football

Dallas College Football

Old Jul 25th 2017, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

RandomlySet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dallas College Football

Evening all from the UK.

In September 2018 we are travelling to the States for our wedding in Vegas, and then travelling from Vegas to Dallas.

One thing I really want to do is catch a football game, but expect tickets for Dallas Cowboys to be a) rare as rocking horse s**t and b) ridiculously expensive.....

I've had friends in the UK visit NYC and watch college Baseball/Basketball and said it's amazing. So I'm thinking of going that route - college football..... Question is, where do I get tickets and how? Also, what college teams are in the area of Dallas?
Old Jul 25th 2017, 7:49 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dallas College Football

Stubhub.com specializes in ticket resales, pro and college sports, concerts and other events.

I wouldn't rule out getting Cowboys tickets, but they will be much cheaper if they start the season badly.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

Well we have a year (and a full season) yet for Dallas to under-perform lol. I've always been a Dolphins "fan", but TBH, watch whatever NFL game we get on the TV over here in the UK. By chance, I do like the Cowboys.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 8:12 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RandomlySet
Well we have a year (and a full season) yet for Dallas to under-perform lol. I've always been a Dolphins "fan", .....
With only two playoff appearances in the past 15 seasons, and over 40 years since their last Super Bowl, there is a fairly good chance the Dolphins will under-perform.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 8:18 pm
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute

Meh, I've tried getting tickets, i only live a 30 min drive from the stadium. I've looked into it twice, and unless you pay big money, it's tough.

The only play there 8 times a year, so have you checked if there are any fixtures that have been released for that yet?

Failing that, if you decide to visit Dallas, definitely take the tour. The stadium in itself is incredible.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

College tickets can be just as expensive! I went to watch Notre Dame play the USC Trojans at South Bend. Tailgating and everything, it was amazing! So worth the price I had to pay for the ticket!
Old Jul 25th 2017, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

After over an hour of searching, it looks like the team I need are SMU Mustangs. Looks like tickets range from $18 up to $240+

Somewhere around midfield, lower block, comes in around $44 - can't grumble at that TBH.

Got 14months yet until we'll be there, and about 11months until the fixtures are announced for that season
Old Jul 25th 2017, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by Maste
College tickets can be just as expensive! ....
College football, and even high school football, is a serious business in Texas.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 9:47 pm
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute

After over an hour of searching, it looks like the team I need are SMU Mustangs. Looks like tickets range from $18 up to $240+

Somewhere around midfield, lower block, comes in around $44 - can't grumble at that TBH.

Got 14months yet until we'll be there, and about 11months until the fixtures are announced for that season
Another to look at are TCU - they have a massive following in Fort Worth. On match days the whole of downtown fort worth literally turns purple with their team shirts.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by Jack8602
Another to look at are TCU - they have a massive following in Fort Worth. On match days the whole of downtown fort worth literally turns purple with their team shirts.
In a college football town, game day is always a good time to go shopping at Home Depot or Lowes.
Old Jul 26th 2017, 6:38 am
Just Joined

Cheers guys.... I'll take a look at TCU

What still amazes me (and I've known this for a while) is the size of their stadiums.... As you probably all know, here in the UK we don't follow college/university teams, but in the states it's huge. If I'm right, the Gerald J Ford Stadium has a capacity of 32,000 + the grass banking. That's more than most of the English football teams outside of the premiership (I guess college football is to NFL when the Championship/League 1/League 2 teams are to the Premiere League in a way)
Old Jul 26th 2017, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

TCU will be a better option than SMU, because TCU are in one of the "Power 5" Conferences.
Old Jul 26th 2017, 2:24 pm
i hate cabbage

Cheers guys.... I'll take a look at TCU

What still amazes me (and I've known this for a while) is the size of their stadiums.... As you probably all know, here in the UK we don't follow college/university teams, but in the states it's huge. If I'm right, the Gerald J Ford Stadium has a capacity of 32,000 + the grass banking. That's more than most of the English football teams outside of the premiership (I guess college football is to NFL when the Championship/League 1/League 2 teams are to the Premiere League in a way)
TCU's Amon G Carter stadium got renovated a few years back, it now holds 50,000 - it's insane when you put it into comparison against professional soccer teams in the UK - several premiership teams aren't even close.

That said, there's a ton of space in Texas. TCU's campus is the size of a small town in the UK
Old Jul 26th 2017, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jack8602
TCU's Amon G Carter stadium got renovated a few years back, it now holds 50,000 - it's insane when you put it into comparison against professional soccer teams in the UK - several premiership teams aren't even close. ...
There's a college football stadium in Phoenix (ASU?) IIRC that was expanded to 90,000 seats and is bigger than some NFL teams' stadiums.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 26th 2017 at 4:25 pm.
Old Jul 26th 2017, 2:38 pm
i hate cabbage

Originally Posted by Pulaski
There's a college football stadium in Phoenix (ASU?) that was expanded to 90,000 seats and is bigger than some NFL teams' stadiums.
.. wow

It's a whole different world out here with sports, especially college.

Damn, i remember playing in my school soccer team, we'd be lucky to get 5 parents show up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.