CT road trip!

Old Mar 26th 2021, 9:45 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Default CT road trip!

When things open up, later this year, I’d really like to visit the Lewis-Walpole Library in Farmington, Connecticut. (I visited Strawberry Hill House in Twickenham, in London, a couple of years ago. House is beautiful, but it has none of Horace Walpole’s possessions in it; they are mostly at the Lewis-Walpole Library at Farmington.) Also, at Yale University, the Centre for British Art and the Yale University Art Gallery. What else to see at Yale and generally, in that part of Connecticut?
Old Mar 28th 2021, 6:41 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CT road trip!

Originally Posted by robin1234
When things open up, later this year, I’d really like to visit the Lewis-Walpole Library in Farmington, Connecticut. (I visited Strawberry Hill House in Twickenham, in London, a couple of years ago. House is beautiful, but it has none of Horace Walpole’s possessions in it; they are mostly at the Lewis-Walpole Library at Farmington.) Also, at Yale University, the Centre for British Art and the Yale University Art Gallery. What else to see at Yale and generally, in that part of Connecticut?
https://portal.ct.gov/DEEP/State-Par...tle-State-Park

https://essexsteamtrain.com/
Old Mar 28th 2021, 7:38 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Very dry & funny write-up about William Gillette in the first link.

He attended classes at numerous colleges including Trinity, Yale, Harvard, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and College of the City of New York, but never received a degree.
Note the word “including.” This is just a selection of the schools he attended? I’m intrigued I want to visit!

Thanks for the links!
Old May 24th 2021, 12:36 pm
Heading for Poppyland

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/20/a...gtype=Homepage

Just saw this in the NYT. Yale museums reopening, or already reopened.