Cricket World Cup

Old Feb 8th 2015, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

Goodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to all
Default Cricket World Cup

How are any of you planning to watch the Cricket World Cup? I am bitterly disappointed that Willow TV has lost the rights -- I've been with Willow since moving to the US in 2005. My next hope was that we would be able to watch it on ESPN, as we were with the home tests last summer, but it seems that we have to pay $100 now for the privilege. I was hopeful at first that Time Warner Cable would add it on pay per view and I got in touch with them to find out how much it would be but -- as usual -- I couldn't get any sense out of them. So I think it may have to be the $100 option. Anyone else worrying about these things?

Cheers!
Old Feb 8th 2015, 2:46 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cricket World Cup

Didn't even know there was an option to get cricket. What is the $100 one?
Old Feb 8th 2015, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

Goodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lansbury
Didn't even know there was an option to get cricket. What is the $100 one?
It's here -- ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 Live-Stream & Replay Videos - ESPN Cricket 2015 .

Doesn't look bad -- every match, multiple devices etc. But it's still $99.99, which is not cheap. Willow charge $15 a month and they had the rights to the World Cup last time. Disappointed they don't have it this time.
Old Feb 9th 2015, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

wtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, I was watching a warmup match live on ESPN3 via Roku last week and naively thought the whole tournament would be there. $100 seems like a lot.
Old Feb 9th 2015, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah, same. In 2010, Willow had the rights and all was well. I had assumed that now ESPN had picked it up that it would be on ESPN3, like the home tests.
Old Feb 9th 2015, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be tempted to do it, but I can't start watching a game at 10pm.
Old Feb 9th 2015, 4:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure England will fail spectacularly anyway.
Old Feb 9th 2015, 11:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.sportp2p.com/

Streaming online...
Old Feb 14th 2015, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Southy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond repute

This site didn't have a stream for the first game, any more for any more?
Old Feb 14th 2015, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

I'm afraid I paid the $99 for the ESPN service and I'm watching now in glorious HD on the Roku. It *is* expensive but the service looks excellent -- full replays that you can rewind and fast forward, highlights etc. Very few ads. Definitely a case of getting what you pay for.
Old Feb 14th 2015, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
*cough*
Old Feb 14th 2015, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Can you get a refund?
Old Feb 14th 2015, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Southy_SWFC
Can you get a refund?
Haha. Key to enjoying the World Cup is not expecting England to do well. Just the same as the football. Today Australia were far too good four us.
Old Feb 20th 2015, 5:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The prosecution rests your honor!
Old Feb 20th 2015, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

The prosecution rests your honor!
Yep -- you called it!

Must admit that I am enjoying the TMS podcasts this world cup -- at least one a day at the moment. Great moment also yesterday in the Vaughan & Tuffers show when Tuffers mentioned someone "twatting" the ball around the park.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.