Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Old Apr 27th 2021, 4:40 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Moderna Part II is in and doing its thing.

We'll see on any side effects, but really, who cares.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Apr 27th 2021 at 6:36 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2021, 9:45 pm
N99sea

naomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond repute

Seattle is doing a great job of getting shots in arms. Getting my 2nd Moderna vaccination on Thursday. 17 year old daughter had her second Pfizer shot last week. Happy that we'll finally be able to mingle a bit more with friends and family.
Old Apr 28th 2021, 5:21 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Well that was almost as unexpected as the Spanish Inquisition. Nothing but a sore arm for Moderna I, but Moderna II stung a bit, with after effects kicking in only a couple of hours after the shot yesterday. Very tired and sleepy, feverish, king-sized headache that hasn't gone away yet but is better with ibuprofen, finally, and a lovely attack of nausea this morning. Still feverish and headachey. Charming.

Still, so obviously the right choice over Covid, and I'm sure the side effects will be gone soon.
Old Apr 28th 2021, 6:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Well that was almost as unexpected as the Spanish Inquisition. Nothing but a sore arm for Moderna I, but Moderna II stung a bit, with after effects kicking in only a couple of hours after the shot yesterday. Very tired and sleepy, feverish, king-sized headache that hasn't gone away yet but is better with ibuprofen, finally, and a lovely attack of nausea this morning. Still feverish and headachey. Charming.

Still, so obviously the right choice over Covid, and I'm sure the side effects will be gone soon.
Hopefully you feel better soon from the shot.

Upside for me is my headache has gone from king size, to large, and now medium, hopefully to 0 soon, its been a 6 day long event now.
Old Apr 28th 2021, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Hopefully you feel better soon from the shot.

Upside for me is my headache has gone from king size, to large, and now medium, hopefully to 0 soon, its been a 6 day long event now.

Medium would defnitely be an improvement. Here's hoping. Just for variety, I've now added all-over muscle aches. Sort of like when you overdo it at the gym only without the that feeling of virtue because you worked out.

Six days is a long time. Hope you're over it soon. I've told my side effects to bugger off by 48 hours, so they've got one more day and that's it.
Old Apr 28th 2021, 7:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Medium would defnitely be an improvement. Here's hoping. Just for variety, I've now added all-over muscle aches. Sort of like when you overdo it at the gym only without the that feeling of virtue because you worked out.

Six days is a long time. Hope you're over it soon. I've told my side effects to bugger off by 48 hours, so they've got one more day and that's it.
My wife just had a few hours on day 2 and back to normal. The doctor I saw Monday did say they are seeing a fair amount of people in their 40's who have gotten AZ with longer lasting side affects, problem is these longer lasting side effects mimic the exact symptoms they tell you to look out for in regards to clotting, head ache that wont go away being one of them, but they seem to have protocol set up where they can determine via blood work if your at risk from the clots, and my blood came back good.

But I don't seem to be alone in the longer lasting side effects, spoken to a few people on local groups who are experiencing similiar longer lasting side effects.

Old May 3rd 2021, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

My wife got her second dose of Moderna this morning. Doing great, planted flowers and now cutting grass.
Old May 3rd 2021, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

postbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ddsrph
My wife got her second dose of Moderna this morning. Doing great, planted flowers and now cutting grass.
My other half had the second Pfizer last Friday morning. All was fine until 8/9pm that night when she had chills/headache/aching body/general flu symptoms. After about 24 hours she was fine.

I've got my second Moderna next week so fingers crossed I'll be okay
Old May 5th 2021, 3:30 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Got my 2nd Moderna 💉 today, but the place was way less busy than when I got my first. Even though CT is doing well, I still think the issue will be the “anti lifers” even at my youngest sons daycare there were parents who did not want their 4 year olds to wear a mask…
Old May 5th 2021, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Day 2 and my wife still has no side effects. The pandemic is over in the Miller household. I wore a mask to protect others for the past year as did my wife, while many refused to do so. No more it’s every man for himself in Tennessee.
Old May 8th 2021, 5:50 pm
USA 2017

ivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond repute

I got the J&J shot yesterday at 5pm.

Sore arm and neck within a coupe of hours (not too bad though). I felt slightly nauseous, but blamed the block of chocolate I ate after dinner

Within 3 hours, I was sleepy and went to bed early at 9pm. Other than being woken up by the dog (twice), I slept through to 8am.

Today, my arm and shoulder is feeling fatigued and sore (but acceptable). I feel lethargic too, and have been taking it easy today, although I did take the dog for a mile long walk.

Drinking plenty of water has helped.

I certainly can't complain If this is the worst I get.
Old May 9th 2021, 1:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Day 2 and my wife still has no side effects. The pandemic is over in the Miller household. I wore a mask to protect others for the past year as did my wife, while many refused to do so. No more it’s every man for himself in Tennessee.
So you could say, It's "Miller Time"
Old Jul 29th 2021, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
So you could say, It's "Miller Time"
Hope it's okay to resurrect this thread. I am just wondering if all of you who posted your vaccination experiences are still wearing face masks or did you stop last month or whenever your home states dropped the mandate? I stopped wearing mine in early June, but the news last night wasn't good (regarding the spread of the Delta variant and CDC now back-tracking and encouraging mask wearing indoors again (even if you're vaccinated). I had my vaccine back in Feb/March. I actually wore my mask this morning on a trip to a local grocery store (although I was in the minority). Apparently now even the vaccinated can possibly be carriers of Covid and that is what made me nervous. My 8 year old grandson has severe asthma and way too young to be vaccinated and I would hate to pass it on to him. Just wondering what your thoughts are?
Old Jul 29th 2021, 10:34 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

I still wear mine in stores and similar indoor situations. Far too many idiots out there — and I kind of like the anonymity!
Old Jul 29th 2021, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Derrygal
Hope it's okay to resurrect this thread. I am just wondering if all of you who posted your vaccination experiences are still wearing face masks or did you stop last month or whenever your home states dropped the mandate? I stopped wearing mine in early June, but the news last night wasn't good (regarding the spread of the Delta variant and CDC now back-tracking and encouraging mask wearing indoors again (even if you're vaccinated). I had my vaccine back in Feb/March. I actually wore my mask this morning on a trip to a local grocery store (although I was in the minority). Apparently now even the vaccinated can possibly be carriers of Covid and that is what made me nervous. My 8 year old grandson has severe asthma and way too young to be vaccinated and I would hate to pass it on to him. Just wondering what your thoughts are?
That’s a good question. My wife and I got the Moderna back in Feb/Mar. We both always wore masks when in confined spaces until about three weeks after our vaccinations. Being in Tennessee we were somewhat in the minority wearing masks even during the height of the pandemic. We are basically done with masks. Approximately 60% of this state remains unvaccinated and should know the risk by now. I am so sick of the ignorance and misinformation being passed by people who actually know better that I feel the unvaccinated are on their own. If they get the virus let them call Fox News for their treatment options.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.