Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Old Mar 5th 2021, 5:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Another version of timescales: Brother in law got Pfizer vaccine and 18 days later got the second shot ....... seems to be all over the place ....

My friend and her hubby in NJ got their Pfizer shots...14 days later they got the 2nd one. Cant say I am happy about the Canadian Government pushing it back to 16 weeks.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

As from March 15 California will extend eligibility for vaccinations to people aged 16 to 64 who are at high risk for serious illness from COVID-19.
There are 12 primary conditions listed, including pregnancy, cancer, obesity, heart conditions, diabetes; conditions which are very prevelent in the population.
Basically, from March 15 anyone is eligible.

Good luck to those in the older age groups who, to date, have still not got their first shots.
To date only 17% of the population have had one dose, and only 7% have had 2 shots.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 8:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

In Colorado they are now doing 60 plus

Pfizer 2nd dose is 3 weeks, Moderna 4 weeks.

Somebody I know is having J&J maybe today, first one I have heard of. That is a single shot.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
I had my first pfizer shot today and an appointment made for 3 weeks time. I also was asked to stick around the store for 15 minutes so I went straight to the wine section and found a lovely bottle of "cremant de limoux" which I don't often see here. Nice bottle of bubbly to celebrate the road back to some semblance of normality.
Well done, PF, just out of interest, which group do you belong to? Gordon is still waiting as so far he is not in any group. 62, with no underlying conditions. He was really pissed with Abbott's announcement this week. Immediately went out for a haircut. He was going to wait until he had the shot. His opinion is that the numbers are going to shot up again in a few weeks, so best grab the chance now when the figures are lower. Then of course, there is my son who is working closely with others everyday and he will probably be in one of the last groups despite being classed as an essential worker but not for a covid vaccine. As a consequent, he is quarantined to his room when he is not working. Elisabeth is still unemployed and getting very depressed about the whole thing.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Looking like the end of the month for myself in NC - Not at risk, but an essential non frontline worker - which to be fair covers most / if not all jobs.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 9:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Relative who works in a University in Northern California and who was due his jab tomorrow (45 and no underlying conditions but he's in education and so gets a special pass) has just been notified by Blue Shield (who have taken over the administration of distribution of vaccine - yes, another layer of bureaucracy) his appointment has been cancelled due to vaccines going to the Central Valley and vulnerable areas.... well, they did vote for Newsom so perhaps they'll be OK with this.....
Old Mar 5th 2021, 9:48 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
an essential non frontline worker - which to be fair covers most / if not all jobs.
Like selling propane and propane accessories.
Old Mar 6th 2021, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
Like selling propane and propane accessories.
Yes! We have them all!
Old Mar 6th 2021, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Relative who works in a University in Northern California and who was due his jab tomorrow (45 and no underlying conditions but he's in education and so gets a special pass) has just been notified by Blue Shield (who have taken over the administration of distribution of vaccine - yes, another layer of bureaucracy) his appointment has been cancelled due to vaccines going to the Central Valley and vulnerable areas.... well, they did vote for Newsom so perhaps they'll be OK with this.....
The stat I read in the San Francisco Chronicle is that only 2% of the SF Bay Area's population live in zip codes that are defined as "vulnerable areas" which will now receive 40% of all vaccines, whereas 20% of California's population live in this area. So the 98% of zip codes in this area that aren't "vulnerable" will, by my calculation, be receiving 11.7% of California vaccine supplies whereas before they were getting almost 20%.
Old Mar 6th 2021, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Had my first one last weekend (Pfizer) and due to have my second one 3 weeks after that. No after effects apart from a slightly sore arm that felt like a bruise. DH won't get one until it's opened up to people with pre-existing conditions.
Old Mar 10th 2021, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Got my second Moderna injection this morning at Lynchburg TN, Moore county drive thru. Only a few cars there and no waiting. No problems yet about same as first injection with arm a little sore. In two weeks plan to go back to business as usual. I have worn a mask and practiced social distancing since day one while few others in my area have.
Old Mar 11th 2021, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

I get the J&J vaccine through work next week. One shot and done situation, which I'm grateful for!
Old Mar 11th 2021, 12:08 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

My wife managed to snag her first Pfizer dose on Tuesday from a Walgreens. Had to drive 40 minutes to get it, but no big deal. She qualified in GA due to having a 'high risk' illness (high blood pressure) I feel better now, as I could do nothing to help her get one and I have had both of mine since January.

When we got to the Walgreens at 345pm, they asked us if we knew anyone inside of an hour away that wanted the shot. They had 17 doses they had to use by 6pm or dispose of - and no more scheduled appointments for the day after hers.

Unfortunatly we didn't know anyone that would be available that soon on a workday.
Old Mar 11th 2021, 12:53 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
My wife managed to snag her first Pfizer dose on Tuesday from a Walgreens. Had to drive 40 minutes to get it, but no big deal. She qualified in GA due to having a 'high risk' illness (high blood pressure) I feel better now, as I could do nothing to help her get one and I have had both of mine since January.

When we got to the Walgreens at 345pm, they asked us if we knew anyone inside of an hour away that wanted the shot. They had 17 doses they had to use by 6pm or dispose of - and no more scheduled appointments for the day after hers.

Unfortunatly we didn't know anyone that would be available that soon on a workday.
Odd that just family & friends of the store’s staff, living locally, couldn’t take up those doses. Makes me think that group of people had already been vaccinated in previous days/weeks.
Old Mar 11th 2021, 1:02 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
Odd that just family & friends of the store’s staff, living locally, couldn’t take up those doses. Makes me think that group of people had already been vaccinated in previous days/weeks.
It was my thought too, that this was most likely not the first time this had happened.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.