Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Old Feb 26th 2021, 8:52 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Originally Posted by Nutek
++ This.

+1
Old Feb 26th 2021, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Had my first shot of Moderna this afternoon. . So far so good, though I had a bad reaction to my pneumonia shot about eight hours later.. I’ll be nervous then as friends have reported not feeling great for a day after their second.
Don't be nervous
I can report that for me....24 hours after getting my 2nd Moderna shot yesterday...my reaction, so far, seems to mirror how I felt after the first:
Soreness around muscle at injection site. Last time, after a couple of weeks had lapsed, I read that putting a cool wash cloth on it would alleviate the ache. Magic - it did! 100%

Haven't done that yet after yesterday's shot (so you can infer I'm not that bothered.)

Also...to further reassure you:
I too had a severe reaction once to a vaccine after some 6 hours (at least) had passed.
I fainted, and then started throwing up. Over and over.
Because of that experience I was queasy about getting the Covid Moderna shots.
But...so far so very, very good.
No problems. Hopefully, it will be the same for you after your 2nd jab

Old Feb 26th 2021, 9:57 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MMcD
Don't be nervous
I can report that for me....24 hours after getting my 2nd Moderna shot yesterday...my reaction, so far, seems to mirror how I felt after the first:
Soreness around muscle at injection site. Last time, after a couple of weeks had lapsed, I read that putting a cool wash cloth on it would alleviate the ache. Magic - it did! 100%

Haven't done that yet after yesterday's shot (so you can infer I'm not that bothered.)

Also...to further reassure you:
I too had a severe reaction once to a vaccine after some 6 hours (at least) had passed.
I fainted, and then started throwing up. Over and over.
Because of that experience I was queasy about getting the Covid Moderna shots.
But...so far so very, very good.
No problems. Hopefully, it will be the same for you after your 2nd jab

Thank you for the reassurance, though I'm sure I'll continue to be nervous until I get the whole darn thing done with. OH said he'd heard some rumblings about a THIRD Moderna shot, to adjust for the UK strain. I hope not -- and if so, thanks a lot UK! I am so glad that all has gone well for you, stay well.

On the topic of the vaccinators -- it was a freezing cold day when I had my first shot, and I was all muffled up in my mask, turtleneck, and a rather large woolly hat. The person giving me the shot listened to the voice emanating from all this and said, "You sound familiar. Did you used to work in such and such a town?" I had indeed, and told her where. She then told me who she was and I had known her at that job about twenty years ago, though I am terrible at faces even without masks and wouldn't have recognized her. So with my voice and accent there is no hiding!
Old Feb 26th 2021, 10:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

To everyone who has had the ‘jab’.
Old Feb 26th 2021, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

. She was the gateway to what I needed and manipulated the situation masochistically
She held the power to sanction / deny me.
Or hurt me with her needle
Too late to edit my post
Meant to say she ".....manipulated the situation sadistically.
Old Feb 26th 2021, 10:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Too late to edit my post
I have edited your post.
Old Feb 26th 2021, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I have edited your post.
Old Feb 26th 2021, 11:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Too late to edit my post
Yep. I too was a vaccinator in days long gone and at times I might have felt like being a bit sadistic but I controlled the urge!!

Tomorrow is our 2nd Moderna. I used to work with the nurses at the clinic we are going to so I think we should be quite safe. ( I'm taking them cookies. It helps!)
Old Feb 27th 2021, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Yep. I too was a vaccinator in days long gone and at times I might have felt like being a bit sadistic but I controlled the urge!! )
...A repressed Nurse Ratched?

Tomorrow is our 2nd Moderna. I used to work with the nurses at the clinic we are going to so I think we should be quite safe. ( I'm taking them cookies. It helps!)
Pllot thickens
Wishing you well

Old Feb 27th 2021, 8:50 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Too late to edit my post
You're lucky. The 101st Airborne has been deployed to Florida, apparently bayonet practice is helpful in giving vaccine jabs.
Old Feb 27th 2021, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lansbury
You're lucky. The 101st Airborne has been deployed to Florida, apparently bayonet practice is helpful in giving vaccine jabs.
Funny image

"Screaming Eagles" conducting a "Rendezvous with Destiny" - in one's arm !

Gotta say, waging war with Covid sure makes for strange bedfellows
Old Feb 28th 2021, 12:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Moderna #2 at midday. Seven hours on and we both feel lethargic, headache and really sore heavy arm. Taking Tylenol, drinking fluids and going to bed!

Just really glad we had the chance to get immunized.The side effects will be gone tomorrow and hopefully soon we can start living a more normal life.
Old Feb 28th 2021, 12:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Moderna #2 at midday. Seven hours on and we both feel lethargic, headache and really sore heavy arm. Taking Tylenol, drinking fluids and going to bed!

Just really glad we had the chance to get immunized.The side effects will be gone tomorrow and hopefully soon we can start living a more normal life.
Old Feb 28th 2021, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Well done !
zzzzzz......sleep well
Old Feb 28th 2021, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you feel better today! I have my 2nd shot in 10 days time. Not looking forward to it but realize it's the only way out of this mess. Take care and rest up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.