Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Old Apr 14th 2021, 12:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I don't know that this was policy, exactly, or just my parents, but for our baby vaccinations my parents had the nurse give them to us in the bottom of our feet (?!!) so we wouldn't have visible scars. I don't even know that those vaccines left scars any more at that point. There were never any on my feet anyway. But I remember as a child seeing large scars on adults' arms. I got a tb shot at 13, in my arm, and there was little white mark that is now invisible unless you know exactly what to look for, and where. It annkyed my parents at the time. Damaged goods.
I think the large scars on adults’ arms you refer to, was where the small pox vaccine was given. I think it was 3 (?) scars, about the size of a dime, in a triangle shape. Can’t remember exactly.
Old Apr 14th 2021, 12:28 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I think the large scars on adults’ arms you refer to, was where the small pox vaccine was given. I think it was 3 (?) scars, about the size of a dime, in a triangle shape. Can’t remember exactly.
That's where the pod stem used to attach. In later years they moved it to the back of the neck by the hairline.

(Yes, I agree on the smallpox thing, and no scar here from the TB one).
Old Apr 15th 2021, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

sid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The initial test was done on the underside of your wrist. The vaccination was given in the outside of the upper arm for boys and girls. I remember the injection site developed into what looked like a small volcano...then it erupted. I have the scar.

I don’t recall any vaccination being different for boys and girls.
At school we were stabbed in the wrist with an instrument that left a circular pattern of 6 dots. A quick google shows up Heaf Test:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaf_test

Old Apr 15th 2021, 5:50 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
This is bringing back memories ... you got 'something' done to your arm; a week later they checked, and if there was a reaction on your arm (swelling?) then you got (or didn't get?) the vaccine? I was born in 1958 if that helps locate the event in time. ...........
I think that was the BCG jab etc.

I'm just curious to know .... after the second Pfi or Mod shot; who had side effects and how severe per se? I am to have my 2nd one this over the weekend and I am stoked .... to see if I have side effects. I am approaching it like a massive hangover; which, like many on here, can share a few stories of events which led up to a doozy of a hangover. As they say, 'bad decisions make good stories' .........
Old Apr 15th 2021, 10:12 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarkak9

I'm just curious to know .... after the second Pfi or Mod shot; who had side effects and how severe per se? I am to have my 2nd one this over the weekend and I am stoked .... to see if I have side effects. I am approaching it like a massive hangover; which, like many on here, can share a few stories of events which led up to a doozy of a hangover. As they say, 'bad decisions make good stories' .........
Bit of a headache for me.. Which I just ignored and went on with my day. Mrs. N. was a bit rough the day after hers... Some chills and stuff. Spent the day on the couch and was fine after that. Both Moderna.
Old Apr 15th 2021, 10:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sid nv
At school we were stabbed in the wrist with an instrument that left a circular pattern of 6 dots. A quick google shows up Heaf Test:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaf_test
Yes, that’s the one.

We had similar for the medical for our Green Cards 20 years ago.
Old Apr 15th 2021, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't get a headache although many people I know did. I had a sore arm, felt extremely tired and about 12 hours after the shot I had chills and fever - fairly high fever topped out at 101.4. I felt crappy for about 36 hours afterwards - longer than I thought. Still glad I got it though. Better than getting Covid. Oh I forgot - I had the Moderna "red arm" for about 3 or 4 days too. This is a known but uncommon side effect of the Moderna vaccine. I only know of one other person who got it - if you google it you can read about it and see images.
Old Apr 15th 2021, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

I got lucky and had zero reaction to either Pfizer shot, other than a sore arm in both cases for about 12 hours.
Old Apr 15th 2021, 1:23 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

I just got Pfizer #1 at a drive thru facility in Maryland. Was pretty efficient. Felt a bit tired the next day and took a nap, and quite thirsty.
Old Apr 15th 2021, 1:33 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
I was born in 1950 and was never vaccinated for smallpox.

The mention of TB reminds me that TB vaccination was not used in the US. The fight against TB was via testing. I recall that TB vaccination would make the tuberculin test useless.
That's strange I was born ion '48 and my sister in '49. We both have had the vaccination for smallpox and the still visible scarring on our left arms.
Old Apr 15th 2021, 1:53 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Moderna shot #1. Bit of a sore upper arm (but not red), starting the next day, lasted about 48 hours. Nothing else. OH no sore arm, but a bit tired and washed out for a couple of days. Nothing else.
Old Apr 15th 2021, 5:10 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
That's strange I was born ion '48 and my sister in '49. We both have had the vaccination for smallpox and the still visible scarring on our left arms.
It may have been related to location. My wife is a Jersey girl and has the scar. I’m a native Angeleno and never received it.
Old Apr 15th 2021, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Had my second Moderna shot this morning. I can feel the sore arm coming along but also expecting to feel under the weather for 48 hours as most people my age who I work with said they had chills, fatigue, low grade fever etc.

Glad to be done for now, at least until potential boosters come out in the future.
Old Apr 17th 2021, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Was talking with some friends from Memphis today and they said local Walmart’s were giving free gift certificates to entice people to get Covid vaccinations.
Old Apr 18th 2021, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

OldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond repute

I was very impressed with Kaiser in PNW, I didn't even feel the Pfizer injection so easier than the flu jab. Arm a little aching now, this is #1, and #2 appointment was automatically booked for 3 weeks, same place & time.
The setup in their Renton admin building was great, from the greater, check-in, injection and recovery area. I must have spent less than 20min in the building which includes the 15min recovery. Everyone was kind, professional, and super-efficient.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.