Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Old Mar 31st 2021, 10:25 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Hope you get yours soon. How is distribution going in your neck of the woods?
Slowly. 220,000 vaccines given to date, population 23,000,000.
OH having minor reaction to vaccine, some 24 hours later. A bit tired and a little feverish. Nothing a couple of ibuprofen can't handle. I've got nothing, except a slightly sore arm where they stuck me.
Your OH's reaction is similar to scouse's. Tired the next day, low-grade fever and blood pressure elevated.

Originally Posted by BEVS
Hurry up with the fab jab thing your end missus

Ooo. Will take note . Some folks back in the UK also wrote this and to take a paracetamol.

My 1st fab jab is in 3 hours time. Earlier than I was expecting by a good 4/6 weeks.
Good luck BEVS!
Old Mar 31st 2021, 10:28 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Your OH's reaction is similar to scouse's. Tired the next day, low-grade fever and blood pressure elevated.
Good luck BEVS!
Thank you. When will you get yours though. I would have thought by now for you. I have to travel to the local area hospital for this.

I realise this is the Trailer Park so not Oz and NZ but there isn't another thread re our line up for jabs.
Old Apr 1st 2021, 1:39 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Hurry up with the fab jab thing your end missus

Ooo. Will take note . Some folks back in the UK also wrote this and to take a paracetamol.

My 1st fab jab is in 3 hours time. Earlier than I was expecting by a good 4/6 weeks.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine. Apparently side effects, if you do get them, tend to be stronger after jab 2 than jab 1, but still no big deal.
Old Apr 1st 2021, 1:41 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck BEVS!

Hope they hurry it up for you there. It is a relief to have it done. OH isn't allowed to have elevated blood pressure He takes meds that keep it so under control they can't even raise either his pressure or his heart rate even when they want to, with a stress test for example.
Old Apr 1st 2021, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine. Apparently side effects, if you do get them, tend to be stronger after jab 2 than jab 1, but still no big deal.
I had no after effects for 1ST or 2nd, my wife had a sore arm after the 1st, none after the 2nd.
My son has had covid-19, he felt rough for about a week but wasn't admitted to hospital. Four others in his household test positive with no symptoms.

Old Apr 1st 2021, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by johnwoo
I had no after effects for 1ST or 2nd, my wife had a sore arm after the 1st, none after the 2nd.
My son has had covid-19, he felt rough for about a week but wasn't admitted to hospital. Four others in his household test positive with no symptoms.
Side effects in general do seem to be fairly mild, if you do get them. In any case infinitely preferable to getting covid.
Old Apr 1st 2021, 2:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Trying to convince my dad to get it, I thought he had but turns out he isn't sure if he wants to get it.

Not sure why, he was never an anti-vax when we were growing up and as far as I know isn't one now.
Old Apr 1st 2021, 2:29 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

I have not seen any deaths related to vaccinated people. Perhaps I am not paying enough attention.
Old Apr 1st 2021, 4:48 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. When will you get yours though. I would have thought by now for you. I have to travel to the local area hospital for this.

I realise this is the Trailer Park so not Oz and NZ but there isn't another thread re our line up for jabs.
No appointments available for me yet, will probably be a couple of months at least.

Hope they hurry it up for you there. It is a relief to have it done. OH isn't allowed to have elevated blood pressure He takes meds that keep it so under control they can't even raise either his pressure or his heart rate even when they want to, with a stress test for example.
Scouse is on meds for high blood pressure but it still went up a bit, not dangerously so though.

I'm currently drinking coffee and stuffing my face, just got back from colon and gastroscopies. Bloody starving!

Old Apr 1st 2021, 12:19 pm

I'm currently drinking coffee and stuffing my face, just got back from colon and gastroscopies. Bloody starving!

They just won't leave you alone, will they. Surely they must have a pic of every working bit of you by now.
Old Apr 1st 2021, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Trying to convince my dad to get it, I thought he had but turns out he isn't sure if he wants to get it.

Not sure why, he was never an anti-vax when we were growing up and as far as I know isn't one now.

People can be made worried by the silly anti-covid-vax stuff in the media, even without being anti-vaxx. And the "fear factor" has already been heightened by the virus itself, so people can be jumpy. Does he have a friend his age who has had the vaccine who will have a chat with him?
Old Apr 1st 2021, 7:56 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Side effects in general do seem to be fairly mild, if you do get them. In any case infinitely preferable to getting covid.
True enough. I've a sore arm and feel a bit genrally off colour . Nothing a paracetamol won't fix.

Oh ...and a good excuse to reward myself by slobbing out with a book rather than DIYing. Oh yes.
Old Apr 1st 2021, 9:24 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

I've just had my first Moderna via a cancellation and steveq got his first Pfizer last week, we shall both get our second shots later this month.
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 12:38 am

True enough. I've a sore arm and feel a bit genrally off colour . Nothing a paracetamol won't fix.

Oh ...and a good excuse to reward myself by slobbing out with a book rather than DIYing. Oh yes.

There you go. Perfect solution.

Originally Posted by lizzyq
I've just had my first Moderna via a cancellation and steveq got his first Pfizer last week, we shall both get our second shots later this month.
You can have mix and match side effects.

Old Apr 2nd 2021, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

Eh ? Lizzy will get her second Moderna, I'll get my second Pfizer. No mixing or matching.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.