Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Old Mar 30th 2021, 6:08 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Originally Posted by Jsmth321

MIL get's her shot tomorrow.

Excellent. The more the merrier. Hope they get to you soon.
Old Mar 30th 2021, 6:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Excellent. The more the merrier. Hope they get to you soon.
I wish it was going to be sooner, but it is what it is, looking at maybe May but probably June, but maybe if we get enough J&J in April-May things will speed up, the current timeline is based Pfizer and Moderna supply only, doesn't take into account AZ or J&J so any delivery on top of those 2 means it inches us a little closer with each delivery.

Old Mar 30th 2021, 6:50 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

41 year old daughter in upstate NYS has her first Pfizer appointment for Friday. Her same age husband in education is getting Pfizer #2 on Thursday.
Old Mar 30th 2021, 7:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Got lucky today. Went with OH for his first shot appointment, and they did indeed have some spares due to some people not showing for their appointment (!?!?!?!?), so I got one as well. Part II will be on April 27. Moderna.

Good stuff.
One step closer to the UK.
Old Mar 30th 2021, 7:27 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
One step closer to the UK.
Don't think I didn't come straight home and start checking out May flight prices

But man that's a lot of covid tests to get. One before leaving, two after arriving, then another one before coming back.
Old Mar 30th 2021, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I wish it was going to be sooner, but it is what it is, looking at maybe May but probably June, but maybe if we get enough J&J in April-May things will speed up, the current timeline is based Pfizer and Moderna supply only, doesn't take into account AZ or J&J so any delivery on top of those 2 means it inches us a little closer with each delivery.
Step by step. You'll get there.

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
41 year old daughter in upstate NYS has her first Pfizer appointment for Friday. Her same age husband in education is getting Pfizer #2 on Thursday.
Well done her. Every bit helps not only individually, but collectively.
Old Mar 30th 2021, 8:06 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter in Massachusetts finally got her first Pfizer-BioNTech shot today, so that’s all four of us. My son in Los Angeles, CA, got his a couple of weeks ago. He got his because he works for the University of California - even though he’s been working from home since March 2020, and will be till at least July 2021. My daughter, on the other hand, has had to go to work every day (she works for an obnoxious Republican-run town in Massachusetts, where the theory seemed to be, if the drones don’t physically come in to the office every day, they’re probably skiving off work.)

Anyway now she’s had her first shot, I’m breathing a sigh of relief..
Old Mar 30th 2021, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by robin1234
My daughter in Massachusetts finally got her first Pfizer-BioNTech shot today, so that’s all four of us. My son in Los Angeles, CA, got his a couple of weeks ago. He got his because he works for the University of California - even though he’s been working from home since March 2020, and will be till at least July 2021. My daughter, on the other hand, has had to go to work every day (she works for an obnoxious Republican-run town in Massachusetts, where the theory seemed to be, if the drones don’t physically come in to the office every day, they’re probably skiving off work.)

Anyway now she’s had her first shot, I’m breathing a sigh of relief..

Good news. My son is a hale and hearty 21-year-old, but of course that doesn't stop me worrying about him.

Old Mar 31st 2021, 1:38 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Got lucky today. Went with OH for his first shot appointment, and they did indeed have some spares due to some people not showing for their appointment (!?!?!?!?), so I got one as well. Part II will be on April 27. Moderna.

Good stuff.
Hooray!
Old Mar 31st 2021, 2:40 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Rete
I'm not a carrier and I've never had it either.
At the present time there is no certain way to know that, regardless of symptoms/tests.

Old Mar 31st 2021, 3:40 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
I was able to pre register on the state site and I am to expect a text/email when an appt is available ...
l never got a text from state. I logged on to publix which claims to accept appointment from 7am Monday for Friday..
Monday 7.30 it gave me an appt on friday at my local store. Moderna. I will be there!
Old Mar 31st 2021, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hooray!

Hope you get yours soon. How is distribution going in your neck of the woods?
Old Mar 31st 2021, 6:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
l never got a text from state. I logged on to publix which claims to accept appointment from 7am Monday for Friday..
Monday 7.30 it gave me an appt on friday at my local store. Moderna. I will be there!
More reinforcement for the idea that you simply need to keep trying different avenues, because the hoped-for level of organization is simply not there. And sadly, I think this is why we are seeing a bunch of missed appointments as people first grab anything that's available, then start refining their choice and are not given the opportunity to cancel the originals.

Good luck!
Old Mar 31st 2021, 9:56 pm

OH having minor reaction to vaccine, some 24 hours later. A bit tired and a little feverish. Nothing a couple of ibuprofen can't handle. I've got nothing, except a slightly sore arm where they stuck me.
Old Mar 31st 2021, 10:15 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hooray!
Hurry up with the fab jab thing your end missus

OH having minor reaction to vaccine, some 24 hours later. A bit tired and a little feverish. Nothing a couple of ibuprofen can't handle. I've got nothing, except a slightly sore arm where they stuck me.
Ooo. Will take note . Some folks back in the UK also wrote this and to take a paracetamol.

My 1st fab jab is in 3 hours time. Earlier than I was expecting by a good 4/6 weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.