Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Old Mar 18th 2021, 4:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
... I have to go out into the public 6 days a week in retail stores so my days of isolating at home are over.
Is there a new development I haven't heard of? Hopefully its a good one!

I think if you maintain basic hygiene, and socially distance, you'll be fine. Even today, while in the 'Walmart from hell', I looked at all the pharmacy dept. workers, and the check-out operators, and the security guards, the shelf-stockers, etc (I had to hang around for a while!) and thought - "wow, these people work here 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and they are all fine so I really should not complain". I really have concluded that you have to be careless to catch this thing.
Old Mar 18th 2021, 11:43 am
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Starting yesterday, many states are starting to announce dates for general availability of vaccines. Mid-April seems to be the consensus, which is great to see. Here in Illinois, a vaccine will apparently be available to everyone over the age of 16 by April 12:
https://abc7chicago.com/health/illin...say-/10428597/

I have to say, if we're able to hit these dates I believe the development and distribution of covid-19 vaccinations in the US should go down as one of the greatest achievements of science and logistics in this country's history. Also, the technologies that have matured with the development of these vaccines will serve us well in taming future pandemics much more quickly. It's really exciting and represents a genuine a silver lining to all of this
Old Mar 18th 2021, 1:53 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Had my second Moderna shot yesterday. A very sore arm, but no other nasty effects. I do feel a little thick headed and "underwater" today, but think that has more to do with the fact that when I did finally fall asleep one of the dogs got up with a bad stomach and I'm sleep deprived!
Old Mar 18th 2021, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Getting my first moderna shot next Wednesday. Can’t get it in my arm soon enough.
Old Mar 18th 2021, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

I got my first Pfizer shot yesterday. Very easy to schedule online. Vaccinations were distributed at a convention center next door to the general hospital. All administered by hospital staff. Very well organized and efficiently executed. Arm is pretty sore this morning, but no other side-effects so far
Old Mar 18th 2021, 5:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Is there a new development I haven't heard of? Hopefully its a good one!

I think if you maintain basic hygiene, and socially distance, you'll be fine. Even today, while in the 'Walmart from hell', I looked at all the pharmacy dept. workers, and the check-out operators, and the security guards, the shelf-stockers, etc (I had to hang around for a while!) and thought - "wow, these people work here 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and they are all fine so I really should not complain". I really have concluded that you have to be careless to catch this thing.

It's the UK variant that has people concerned here, its growing in dominance and we are seeing hospitalization rates go back up, December level ICU rates with 50% less cases vs December, but UK variant is growing so probably linked to that.

UK variant is also spreading in schools at a higher rate than previous variant did.

But yes I always wear a mask, and try to stay away from people, and wash my hands as often as I can and use hand sanitizer as often as I can.

Just a season gig doing some merchandising for garden plants for a nursery that sells plants in big box stores during the summer.

Getting envious of all of you getting your vaccines.

If all goes well I should get 1st dose in June-July and 2nd dose in September-October.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Mar 18th 2021 at 6:00 pm.
Old Mar 18th 2021, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
It's the UK variant that has people concerned here, its growing in dominance and we are seeing hospitalization rates go back up, December level ICU rates with 50% less cases vs December, but UK variant is growing so probably linked to that.

UK variant is also spreading in schools at a higher rate than previous variant did.

But yes I always wear a mask, and try to stay away from people, and wash my hands as often as I can and use hand sanitizer as often as I can.

Just a season gig doing some merchandising for garden plants for a nursery that sells plants in big box stores during the summer.

Getting envious of all of you getting your vaccines.

If all goes well I should get 1st dose in June-July and 2nd dose in September-October.
You can probably get it sooner on US side.
Old Mar 18th 2021, 7:14 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

First dose of Pfizer Feb 5th. Slightly sore arm. DH was told to get it in dominant arm, but I was not. Mistake.

Second shot Feb 26th, 9:14 am. Fine all day. During the night started aching all over. Quite bad. Aching most of morning. Afternoon felt cold all over. Next morning minimal headache. Tired for two days. DH with no symptoms. Read in paper that women get way more symptoms than men after second dose. We had the vaccine at a big hospital. No waiting. All very organized. RNs giving the shots. Several people I know are getting them at Costco (Moderna).
Old Mar 18th 2021, 9:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ddsrph
You can probably get it sooner on US side.
No doubt, but its currently such a pain in the ass to return to Canada it's not worth it.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Wife and I had our 2nd Moderna shot yesterday.

No side effects to speak of other than a sore arm.

My 85-year old mother, back in Blighty, got her first Pfizer shot Jan 17th. They just booked her for her 2nd next Tuesday 23rd, so 9 weeks rather than 12 they had previously said.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 4:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Just booked my first (AZ) vaccination due to health concerns...8.20 am Monday. Hubby as my support is the following day.
Old Mar 21st 2021, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

EdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond repute

I got my second shot of Pfizer on Friday at 5.40 pm. By the time I went to bed my arm was a little sore and my head felt a little fuzzy. I woke up around 5 am with chills and a headache. By 10 am I had a fever, couldn't lift my arm straight up and my legs were also aching. Spent pretty much the entire day in bed. My fever broke around 4pm in the afternoon and my chills were gone by around the same time. Still went to sleep aching and with a headache. Woke up at 9 am this morning and felt 100% fine so it was definitely a one day thing for me with a rapid recovery. Was probably the second sickest I've felt in my entire life for the time I had the side effects though.
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Got my first Moderna shot on Thursday. Arm was a little sore for a few days, had a headache on the Thursday evening but other than that, no nasties. I hear the second dose is a bit more brutal, and I'm scheduled for that on April 15th.
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 3:36 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
Got my first Moderna shot on Thursday. Arm was a little sore for a few days, had a headache on the Thursday evening but other than that, no nasties. I hear the second dose is a bit more brutal, and I'm scheduled for that on April 15th.
It left me with a very sore arm for several days. About 2 hours after the shot I was so tired I got under a throw blanket and slept for 4 hours and was sluggish for the rest of the day and evening. Much better the next day. Thankfully, no fever or chills.
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 5:23 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Had the 2nd Moderna shot 90 minutes ago at the fire department training center. For what it is worth so far the reaction is mirroring that of the 1st shot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.