Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Old Mar 4th 2021, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Had my appointment for my 2nd jab cancelled for the second time.. I'm getting close to the recommended cut off date for this injection.
I can't fathom why our state would open up the eligibility to younger demographic while they have not completed vaccinations for the older population, and cannot do so because of lack of vaccine.
Add to that the people who have no eligibility to the vaccine getting it i.e sister in law under 55, nephew under 30, friend's son and daugher in law under 40, out of staters, none of whom have underlying medical conditions, or have face to face public contact, and you begin to see how the 'procedures and protocols' are really just guidelines.

It's really just a free for all out there ......
Old Mar 4th 2021, 8:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Had my appointment for my 2nd jab cancelled for the second time.. I'm getting close to the recommended cut off date for this injection.
I can't fathom why our state would open up the eligibility to younger demographic while they have not completed vaccinations for the older population, and cannot do so because of lack of vaccine.
Add to that the people who have no eligibility to the vaccine getting it i.e sister in law under 55, nephew under 30, friend's son and daugher in law under 40, out of staters, none of whom have underlying medical conditions, or have face to face public contact, and you begin to see how the 'procedures and protocols' are really just guidelines.

Hope you get the 2nd shot very soon.
Old Mar 4th 2021, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Karen just received her 2nd jab- and, like you, she's also in San Diego

Who's Karen ?

Karen is one of several orangutans who, together with a few bonobos, live at the San Diego Zoo.

They've all received their 2nd jabs of a Covid vaccine specially developed for animals.

Which is fantastic - but San Diego should think about treating their human population a bit more fairly during this pandemic - lest they, too, become an endangered species,

https://www.nationalgeographic.co.uk...de-for-animals

Last edited by MMcD; Mar 4th 2021 at 9:39 pm. Reason: added link - really worth a read!
Old Mar 4th 2021, 11:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hope you get the 2nd shot very soon.

Thank you ........
Old Mar 4th 2021, 11:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MMcD

Who's Karen ?

Karen is one of several orangutans who, together with a few bonobos, live at the San Diego Zoo.

They've all received their 2nd jabs of a Covid vaccine specially developed for animals.

Which is fantastic - but San Diego should think about treating their human population a bit more fairly during this pandemic - lest they, too, become an endangered species,

https://www.nationalgeographic.co.uk...de-for-animals

Love it...... I'm a member of the zoo.... I'll scoot right on down.... getting a bit desperate at the moment.......
Old Mar 5th 2021, 2:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Curious how long has it been?

They keep changing the timeframe on people here in BC for the 2nd shot, now 2nd dose is 4 months after the first dose.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 4:28 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Seems unusual to get an effect until the following day, my Brother had to sit down for 15 minutes before they let him go, where I went straight out the door.
I had my first pfizer shot today and an appointment made for 3 weeks time. I also was asked to stick around the store for 15 minutes so I went straight to the wine section and found a lovely bottle of "cremant de limoux" which I don't often see here. Nice bottle of bubbly to celebrate the road back to some semblance of normality.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 4:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
I had my first pfizer shot today and an appointment made for 3 weeks time. I also was asked to stick around the store for 15 minutes so I went straight to the wine section and found a lovely bottle of "cremant de limoux" which I don't often see here. Nice bottle of bubbly to celebrate the road back to some semblance of normality.
Wait, given your governor removed all restrictions including mask usage, I thought things must be completely normal already!
Old Mar 5th 2021, 5:15 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by MMcD

Who's Karen ?

That is absolutely fabulous. I am so very pleased to read this . Obviously I would prefer for Orangutans to be out in the wild in their own environment or in sanctuaries within the natural environment of their natural habitats on this planet but I am heartened that maybe , just maybe, someone has thought beyond the selfish human bother and towards captive animal welfare.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 5:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Curious how long has it been?

They keep changing the timeframe on people here in BC for the 2nd shot, now 2nd dose is 4 months after the first dose.
If you mean how long has it been between vaccinations, the recommended time is 28 days (here in CA anyway) with a cut off for 'extended times' of 42 days and I'm now at 35. It's the Moderna vaccine.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

As California, and more specifically, Monterey County continue to make an absolute cluster**** of the vaccine rollout, it looks like I may finally get my first shot the end of this month.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by markonline1
As California, and more specifically, Monterey County continue to make an absolute cluster**** of the vaccine rollout, it looks like I may finally get my first shot the end of this month.
As said, its a free for all out there...... more eligibility but less vaccine and now we have 'vulnerable neighborhoods' being prioritised for 40% of the next vaccine shipments ! It's now a lottery according to where you live......
Old Mar 5th 2021, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Almost 24 hours since vaccine shot.The only effect is a slight soreness/pain at the spot where the needle went in, if I push on the skin at that spot, or move my around a little. But is that true for any vaccine shot?
Old Mar 5th 2021, 4:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

If you mean how long has it been between vaccinations, the recommended time is 28 days (here in CA anyway) with a cut off for 'extended times' of 42 days and I'm now at 35. It's the Moderna vaccine.
Thanks.

Seems to vary quite a lot between places, just pushed the time between first and 2nd dose here in BC to 4 months, Health Canada approved it, so I assume they have data to back it up.

My mom got her vaccine today, Southern California.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 5:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Thanks.

Seems to vary quite a lot between places, just pushed the time between first and 2nd dose here in BC to 4 months, Health Canada approved it, so I assume they have data to back it up.

My mom got her vaccine today, Southern California.

Another version of timescales: Brother in law got Pfizer vaccine and 18 days later got the second shot ....... seems to be all over the place ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.