Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Old Feb 28th 2021, 4:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Moderna #2 at midday. Seven hours on and we both feel lethargic, headache and really sore heavy arm. Taking Tylenol, drinking fluids and going to bed!

Just really glad we had the chance to get immunized.The side effects will be gone tomorrow and hopefully soon we can start living a more normal life.

Exactly how I felt. IBP worked for me for the headache and the sore arm and 4 hours of sleep helped with the lethargy.
Old Feb 28th 2021, 4:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MMcD
Well done !
zzzzzz......sleep well
Originally Posted by Derrygal
Hope you feel better today! I have my 2nd shot in 10 days time. Not looking forward to it but realize it's the only way out of this mess. Take care and rest up
It is the only way to get out of this mess.

Update on side effects. M slept well and had no problems through the night and today he is fine except a sore arm.

I had the worst night of chills and aching joints and muscles. Just like the start of flu. Tylenol didn’t really stop it either. Then at about 8 am the chills stopped and the fever started. It is now 11am, fever has broken and fingers crossed that is it! I just feel exhausted.

I don't want to put anyone off but obviously we all react differently.

Even so I would rather this than covid. I just hope there isn't a 3rd shot for Moderna
Old Feb 28th 2021, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Update on side effects. M slept well and had no problems through the night and today he is fine except a sore arm.

I had the worst night of chills and aching joints and muscles. Just like the start of flu. Tylenol didn’t really stop it either. Then at about 8 am the chills stopped and the fever started. It is now 11am, fever has broken and fingers crossed that is it! I just feel exhausted.

Even so I would rather this than covid. I just hope there isn't a 3rd shot for Moderna
I'm so glad you provided this follow-up, Suugarmooma
Sorry for the distress you experienced last night but it looks like you're well on the mend.. Tylenol should bring down the fever... and the sore arm...hey, that discomfort (which seems to be a ubiquitous side effect) is a small price to pay for the immense benefit we reap.

There's so much trepidation out there about the vaccines. And about the likelihood of a necessary follow-up (3rd dose) to help protect from mutations.
I hope those who have experienced distress after their shots will also post follow-ups here so that people are not left feeling fearful and hesitant.
They should bear in mind that for every Sugarmooma there's likely a Mr. Sugarmooma (or a MMcD) - who had no negative response other than the sore arm

Meanwhile SM/..pamper and indulge yourself today. Well done you!
Old Feb 28th 2021, 5:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MMcD
I'm so glad you provided this follow-up, Suugarmooma
Sorry for the distress you experienced last night but it looks like you're well on the mend.. Tylenol should bring down the fever... and the sore arm...hey, that discomfort (which seems to be a ubiquitous side effect) is a small price to pay for the immense benefit we reap.

There's so much trepidation out there about the vaccines. And about the likelihood of a necessary follow-up (3rd dose) to help protect from mutations.
I hope those who have experienced distress after their shots will also post follow-ups here so that people are not left feeling fearful and hesitant.
They should bear in mind that for every Sugarmooma there's likely a Mr. Sugarmooma (or a MMcD) - who had no negative response other than the sore arm

Meanwhile SM/..pamper and indulge yourself today. Well done you!
Thanks mate.

My lovely son who i usually Skype with on Sunday messaged me to " rub my feet with vick". It always worked it's magic when my kids were little and they felt bad with any ailment! Same now with grandbabies
Old Feb 28th 2021, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear of all your side effects! I guess you were one of the unlucky ones. My daughter's in-laws had their 2nd shot last Monday and they were both fine. Everyone reacts differently. Although I am 67 I am still working so I have scheduled the day after vaccination off work so I can rest up. Hopefully you will feel better soon!
Old Feb 28th 2021, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

About to have my 1st shot in an hrs time. Feeling a bit apprehensive but also excited. At the moment, I am the only one eligible in our household of 4 adults and a child. Husband is 62 with no underlying conditions. Son is 33 and shut in his room when he is not working as he works as an apprentice electrician , so lots of close contact work. I am pretty sure, my daughter has immune issue with her skin ailment but they never found out what was causing it when she actually had health insurance. So now she just has to live it with until she gets a job with insurance. 🤨
Old Mar 1st 2021, 2:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

My 22 year old nephew got his first dose, just got hired at a long term care home, so I imagine that pushed up to the front of the line.
Old Mar 1st 2021, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

Got my 1st shot yesterday. Very well organized. Greeted by a person with a clipboard and then passed on to the next person to scan the QR code. Filled in the form and as there was no queue, I went straight to the vaccinator. It was noted that I had a reaction to a strong antibiotic (2 actually) and then I had the jab. I was out before 4pm. Last night,I was fine, with just a slight soreness to my left arm and it was the same this morning. Unfortunately by this afternoon, I was definitely feeling nauseated and my arm was sorer. I was taken by surprise by this and ✔️ the fact sheet provided. Perfectly normal for the 1st 72hrs but it does make me apprehensive about the 2nd shot after Sugarmooma's experience. 🤞 It will be fine.
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 2:01 pm
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light

I wish I could get one! I’m group 1A and every time I try to sign up anywhere it tells me to try later as there are no spots left......I work in a lab that tests for Covid!!!!
Old Mar 4th 2021, 2:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon. Slight soreness in my arm this morning, but that has been the limit of the side effects.

I think I was fortunate not to get my appointment cancelled. Due to lack of supply, my large medical provider postponed 70k appointments this week, including 40k for second shots.
Old Mar 4th 2021, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Getting my first Pfizer shot today.
Old Mar 4th 2021, 4:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my second yesterday, not that bad, so far effects less than first one.
Old Mar 4th 2021, 4:58 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Getting my first Pfizer shot today.
Old Mar 4th 2021, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

An hour and a half has passed since I got it. No effects whatsoever.
Old Mar 4th 2021, 8:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
An hour and a half has passed since I got it. No effects whatsoever.
Seems unusual to get an effect until the following day, my Brother had to sit down for 15 minutes before they let him go, where I went straight out the door.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.