Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Old Jan 21st 2021, 5:48 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

In Oregon healthcare works, first responders, and those living in care homes are being done first. Which make sense. Then teachers have been elevated by the Governor to be the next people done. Guess which Unions are the Governor's biggest donors. Starting Feb 9th, those over 80 and no-one else has been scheduled a start date.

My wife who is part of our City CERT team was drafted in to help at a vaccination center for the first responders. Most of the people helping were seniors who hadn't been vaccinated.
Old Jan 30th 2021, 9:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Nailed it! First shots given to both me and M today.
A case of not what you know but who you know. I figured as I had worked for the County Health Department for 16 years I would see if I could find a way in. We were on stand by today if someone canceled or was a no show and at 1pm I got a call. We were both eligible in the 1b category but it was just impossible to get on any lists so I called a friend
Old Jan 30th 2021, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Chaos here in SoCal. Whereas our State has instigated a couple of county wide websites where you can (theoretically) search for a location near you and book an appointment, there are no appointments available; to make it worse they are only opening slots up to about 3 days in the future, so you can't book something say for March (when you hope the rush has subsided), and it's a case of checking constantly to see if anything comes up.
A new Superstation vaccination center opened up today at 12 mid day for booking for next week, and promptly crashed at 12.10. The calendar is now permanently stuck on 30 January..... Hopeless......
Old Jan 30th 2021, 10:18 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Nailed it! First shots given to both me and M today.
A case of not what you know but who you know. I figured as I had worked for the County Health Department for 16 years I would see if I could find a way in. We were on stand by today if someone canceled or was a no show and at 1pm I got a call. We were both eligible in the 1b category but it was just impossible to get on any lists so I called a friend
That is how Mrs L got hers. She volunteers at the clinics being run by the fire department paramedics. Any spares go to those helping. Hopefully there will be spares at the clinic for those needing 2nd shots on Feb 24th, and I'll get one of those for my first one. Not holding my breath but I'll be on the eligibility list on Feb 21st.
Old Jan 31st 2021, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

I become eligible week beginning 2/8 but I am not holding my breath. Vaccination rates here in Ohio are abysmal and even worse in the county I am in. I have registered on a couple of websites so will see what happens. I am 67. My daughter had hers a few weeks ago and gets her 2nd one next week - she is a nurse practitioner. She has a lot of elderly patients and has been doing home visits with her laptop to get them signed up. It really shouldn't be this hard.................
Old Jan 31st 2021, 6:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Chaos here in SoCal. Whereas our State has instigated a couple of county wide websites where you can (theoretically) search for a location near you and book an appointment, there are no appointments available; to make it worse they are only opening slots up to about 3 days in the future, so you can't book something say for March (when you hope the rush has subsided), and it's a case of checking constantly to see if anything comes up.
Really the only way to do it when supply is so haphazard and/or unknown. I'm in California's 1B category and realistically I don't expect to get vaccinated any time soon even though I'm theoretically eligible. Hopefully at least one more vaccine will get an emergency authorization, but I doubt that will be Astra Zeneca any time soon.
Old Jan 31st 2021, 7:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

A new Superstation vaccination center opened up today at 12 mid day for booking for next week, and promptly crashed at 12.10. The calendar is now permanently stuck on 30 January..... Hopeless......
It's the same in Texas. Any hospitals or clinics that announce they have vaccines and online registry is open either crashes or is filled before you can get your information in.

Originally Posted by lansbury
That is how Mrs L got hers. She volunteers at the clinics being run by the fire department paramedics. Any spares go to those helping. Hopefully there will be spares at the clinic for those needing 2nd shots on Feb 24th, and I'll get one of those for my first one. Not holding my breath but I'll be on the eligibility list on Feb 21st.
Good luck

Originally Posted by Derrygal
I become eligible week beginning 2/8 but I am not holding my breath. Vaccination rates here in Ohio are abysmal and even worse in the county I am in. I have registered on a couple of websites so will see what happens. I am 67. My daughter had hers a few weeks ago and gets her 2nd one next week - she is a nurse practitioner. She has a lot of elderly patients and has been doing home visits with her laptop to get them signed up. It really shouldn't be this hard.................
I hope the availability increases very soon for you.

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Really the only way to do it when supply is so haphazard and/or unknown. I'm in California's 1B category and realistically I don't expect to get vaccinated any time soon even though I'm theoretically eligible. Hopefully at least one more vaccine will get an emergency authorization, but I doubt that will be Astra Zeneca any time soon.

For a minute I felt bad for using old work contacts to get ahead of the frustrating system. But then I thought well we are both eligible and the system is ridiculous and we got the shots because of someone on the list that didn't show up and the shots needed to be used!

I hope you can get one soon
Old Feb 1st 2021, 6:15 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

If I am lucky by September but I am thinking closer to Oct or Nov at the rate things are going in Canada.

2021 is a write off really.
Old Feb 1st 2021, 1:34 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derrygal
Your daughter in a nurse practitioner? She needs to make a home visit to her elderly father lol
Old Feb 1st 2021, 2:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Sister in Florida has finally gotten appointments for her and hubby to get the vaccination. Her husband's is today and in the same city they live in. Sis' is on the east coast of Florida and they live on the west coast and is tomorrow.
Old Feb 1st 2021, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Follow up to above post: Managed to get an appointment for hubby for 11am on 31 Jan. Turned up at 10.40am (they request you only arrive 15 mins before appointment) to find around 200 people milling around outside the building. There was a VERY slow moving line going through the snakey rope area and a large crowd outside of this. No signs as to where to line up for your slot, no staff outside giving advice. It was chaos. Finally found they were only processing slots for 10.00am. It was hot, in an three sided courtyard, little wind and totally not condusive to keeping any social distancing. No toilets, no seats, some more elderly people were sitting on the ground. At 11.30 they were only processing the 10.15 slots. So a wait of at least 1.5 hours before even getting into the building. People coming out were saying it was one long line in the building.
Either they were totally understaffed. , had no idea how long each person would take to process or no organisational skills to set up such an event. In the end we left without getting the vaccination, as were others. Such a shambles; the Health Agency in charge of this center should be ashamed.
Old Feb 1st 2021, 4:30 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

My parents were both vaccinated. They are Florida residents. Here in Illinois, while cases and mortality continue to thankfully decline steadily the vaccination plan is lagging most other states.
Old Feb 2nd 2021, 12:54 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the Statewide pilot for LA and San Diego Counties is interesting. I find it easy to use for registration, giving information, and obtaining a date. But I get stuck at the step requiring one of 40 time slots, none of which is available . One MUST select one. I have yet to figure out that one.

The LA Fire Department system (e.g. Dodger Stadium) was changed to allow appointments for second dose. It requires type of dose #1, date of Jab #1, date of required Jab #2, and then pick date then available time. So, I go through the procedure to get shot 2 on Feb 18th. It then confirms that I've a new appointment for shot #1 on Feb 6. In confirming e-mail I use the supplied link to cancel. Then I go back in to website to again request #2 for Feb 18 and again get confirmation for #1 for Feb 6. Cancel again.

Sigh.
Old Feb 2nd 2021, 1:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just tried my County site as the State has updated who can apply and the County site says for my category to fill in the interest form, except the drop down menu has not been updated to show the new groups eligible.

I know this is not a complicated thing to do.

Old Feb 2nd 2021, 1:56 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

My dad,.79, got an email from his doctor to tell him his appt was in 2 days at a clinic 2 miles away, He went, it was done. 2nd jab next week, (Bristol UK)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.